Rate Dr. Marcus J. Hochstetler

Dr. Marcus J. Hochstetler's Ratings

Dr. Hochstetler was supportive and insightful into where I was during the 3 years I was able to work with him (until my insurance changed). I was very ill and in crisis on many fronts when I came to him. He was encouraging. He respected me no matter what I said or did; it was a safe place. Dr. Hochstetler was accepting of my weaknesses as a person, but he helped me learn not to be content in those weaknesses. I'm still not sure how he accomplished this predominantly by listening.... I had to call him more than once during an ongoing crisis and he made me able to step back and see obstacles as those that could be overcome. Just knowing I could call him helped me immensely. His work with me was an important part of my recovery and my time working with him was well spent. I am hesitant to give recommendations for therapists, because it is so important, but I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][274756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr H was ta total blessing at the worst time in my life. Very kind , professional and helpful in my time of need.Thank You, Dr. H

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][274755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

Very caring, experienced and effective therapist. Was able to help me help myself in a very understanding and kind way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][274754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

I saw two other therapists before Dr. Hochstetler and he was by far the most competent and helpful. My wife and I were having problems and he interviewed us separately and took the time to hear both sides of what we were going through. The other therapists just listened and made generic comments, but Dr. H really was able to understand what was happening between us and help us to change how we related to each other. His experience and training were heads and tails above the other two professionals I saw.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][274753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

TERRIBLE!! STAY AWAY!! At initial interview did not conduct an interview or a questionaire-to see what treatments or medications I was taking! Therefore the sessions were never geared toward solving my actual problems! He would just take notes regarding my medications' side effects and not actual problems. He also gave advice to me on dosages for medications, and later denied stating this--since he admitted that he was not authorized to give advice about medications, since he was not a Psychiatrist, this resulted in my condition becoming extremely worse!! PLEASE DO NOT SEEK HELP FROM THIS DOCTOR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][274757].votes_count ]]