Rate Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes's Ratings

Dr. Sykes was very kind to me, but he did not give me what I desired. I had rhinoplasty. Dr. Sykes was upfront with me about the outcome of my nose would be exactly what I wanted, but it would be a definite improvement. Well, my nose looks the same.. WOMP. I wish I would've done a little more research on doctors, and perhaps had a surgeon who was more familiar with ethnic features. He has a gigantic schnozz himself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I've known Dr Sykes for more than 20 years and as a physician I have been impressed by his highly academic approach to cosmetic medicine. He is incredibly experienced and has managed some of the most challenging conunfrums in trauma and aesthetic medicine. I have liked his personality -- he appeals to one's inherent intelligence and provides thouruogh education.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

RUN, RUN to another doctor as fast as you can. He had a "Botox" party my friends and I were invited to (to clarify what this "party" was - he collected checks from the women he injected). My friends and I were stunned at how arrogant he was. He openly shared with us specific procedures he had done on a ton of women attending this "party", out of their ear shot. Hello? Has he never heard of PATIENT PRIVACY? or even PROFESSIONALISM? We didn't get any BOTOX from him, but we all were educated on what plastic surgeon we would NEVER go to. I am not shocked at all the other bad reviews.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I can't believe some of these reviews! I LOVE Dr. Sykes. We've been seeing him for years and I could not be more impressed or pleased. I have never felt he was "in it for the almighty dollar" or that he was arrogant at all. Confident, yes, but that's what I want in my doctor! His punctuality does leave something to be desired, but I attribute that to the time he spends with patients like my son. I can't say enough good things about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I would NEVER recommend this doctor. He has the bedside manner of a porcupine. I went in for a non-cosmetic issue, and he kept trying to push plastic surgery -- which was extremely insulting. He was rude, didn't listen to what I said, and continued to try to sell a service I wasn't interested in. When my surgery failed I was understandably upset. He saw me tearing up, and asked in an insulting, sarcastic, and insensitive way, "So why are you crying?" He didn't believe that I had followed post-surgery instructions 100%. He said we could discuss alternatives, but that I'd have to book another appointment to do so instead of discussing them while I was there and upset. I would NEVER use him again and would not recommend him at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2152495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I went to Dr.Sykes over a decade ago because many of my friends (NFL cheerleaders)were happy with his work. I was in my thirties and sure I needed a facelift for my acne scars..he looked at my face and told me I needed a nose job and I think brow lift at the time. I thought wow he was kinda bold to just state his opinion, but my gut said to listen to him. I went from trying to fix a defect to having men stop me to tell me how beautiful I am. I trust his artistic eye completley and have had EVERY FACE SURGERY that you can think of lol, done by him (hence the large price is total over the years)and have always been happy, and if there was an issue, he resolved it for me with no surgeon fee (one time my eye crease healed funny and he re did it for me when we were sure it had settled that way and I was still not satisfied)I am 49 years old and I look younger and prettier than when I met him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

A really good friend of mine referred me to Dr Sykes about 14 years ago, and I have seen him for all my facial surgery needs. Dr, Sykes is not only knowledgeable, but he really takes the time to answer all my questions (no matter how ridiculous or repetitive)He truly is a skilled professional during all my procedures not to mention has the utmost concern and care after your surgery too! I love the results with all of my procedures. I dont trust my face and care to anyone else but him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

I'm appalled at the ratings of Dr. Sykes. Several years ago he did a face lift for me, cheek implants, and neck and eye lift. It's now almost 10 years later and my girlfriends who have had neck lifts look like they need another one, but mine still looks the same as the day Dr. Sykes did it. I know that my girlfriend thought he was arrogant, I always found him to be a wonderful, compassionate caring Dr. When he was out of the country I had another procedure by another plastic surgeon and will never use any one but Dr. Sykes. He isn't arrogant, he just has a funny sense of humor that comes across as arrogance. I absolutely adore him, and only have praise for the wonderful work he has done for me. Since I'm now 67 years old, I'm considering facial fillers and know he's the very best in town. I went for a consultation and he spent over an hour discussing all my options. I've never felt rushed, and have always felt listened to and understood. He's a facial artist and the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Dr. Sykes answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable. He took his time to show me in the mirror how the procedure would make a difference for me. I was referred to him by several people so I knew he had to be good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152491].votes_count ]]