Rate Dr. Rafael A. Beltran Durango

Dr. Rafael A. Beltran Durango's Ratings

When Dr. Beltran learned that I was self-medicating with alcohol, he tried to make a joke about it with me. I don't think that it's a laughing matter. With no help from him, I am now abstinent from alcohol. Essentially the same thing happened when I told him that I had been sexually assaulted by a handyman who was working in my home. He closed his ears to me. For some reason, Dr. Beltran is only interested in exchanging pleasantries with his patients and not really helping them when they are in need. One time he actually sailed through the front office singing "Besame Mucho" ("Kiss Me Much"). His practice lacks professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2013

Dr Beltran is a good man. He cares for his patients and tries very hard to get you on the proper medication. He is a pleasure to visit. He is humorous and has a positive personality. He spends adequate time to listen to your concerns and is very caring. I would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2012

I was very impressed with Dr. Beltran Durango. He didn't try to second-guess my existing diagnosis, which I've had for seven years now. Some doctors have tried to change my medication regimen on the first visit, and he didn't do that either--suggested some changes to fix my unusual sleep patterns, but didn't try to change my prescriptions in any huge way. I appreciated that he was able to give me samples to help ramp down one of my prescriptions to a lower dosage so I wouldn't have to buy a whole new prescription--those things are expensive! Very nice visit, overall. I did have to wait about 30 minutes, but that's common. I had a doctor once who made me wait 2 hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Dr. Beltran is a wonderful human being as well as a superb psychiatrist. He takes the time to listen to me and get to know me, and he has patiently guided me through some very trying times. I don't think you'll find anyone better than Dr. Beltran even if you search the entire world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2012

Dr. Beltran has been my psychiatrist for over 6 years. He's caring, compassionate, always has time to listen to me, answers all of my questions, and is very knowledgeable about medications (which has been most helpful as my illness has proven to be very difficult to treat). Dr. Beltran has helped me through some very difficult times. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][113767].votes_count ]]