Rate Dr. Douglas C. Schottenstein

Dr. Douglas C. Schottenstein's Ratings

The doctor is a complete gentleman, and he always has been. He is funny and encouraging, and doesn't suggest he has all the answers for everything. Treatments work, but nothing is 100%.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2014 | flag

Exceptional practice. Dr. schottenstein is one of the doctors that really care about his patients. He actually spends time to get to know me and remembers everything i say. Everytime that I mention I'm going on a long trip he gives me great advice on how to make sure i'm managing my pain well. He's been my doctor for years now and is the best. Staff is great as well. All helpful and very friendly.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2014 | flag

Saw Dr. Schottenstein just last week- one of my favorite doctors. I saw him several years ago and he got rid of my back pain completely for several years. After last week's flare up and he was able to fit me in for an injection and I'm already back to experiencing great relief. I highly recommend this doctor- great knowledge and also a great staff.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

High level professionals, both the staff and dr schottenstein---very thorough and always willing to help and infinitely flexible - they have hours into the late night to squeeze everyone - they were able to see me for an initial appointment and give me an injection the same night! I'm feeling 85% better after just 1 injection. thanks Dr. S!

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

I had a really awesome experience with Dr schottenstein. He really took the time to listen to me and my concerns and discussed all of my options with me in detail.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

He spent less than 5 minutes with me, sold me an epidural steroid injection, and then wouldn't come in the room for my follow up visit to see how I was doing. Sent in PAs to question me and try to sell me another shot, even though the first shot had negative results. Apparently, that's the whole business. Sell steroid shots, no matter what. Additionally, the staff doesn't seem to be able get anything right - not medical history, appointment times, flow of appointments, etc. It's a mess.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

Standard recipe for all problems. MRI, Epidural. Zero physical exam skills. Arrogant PA.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

He's been my doctor for 3 years and my quality of life is much better, as is my pain level day to day. He's there anytime i need something. Like have a question or problem.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

I've been to a lot of doctors over the years and Dr. S is the best in his field! He is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate and always squeezes me in when I need an injection---he truly is a life saver!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. Schottenstein is one of the best doctors I've been to. He values me as a patient and truly takes time to understand my condition and properly diagnose and treat it. He is both caring and professional with an excellent staff. There is no other doctor I trust more than Dr. Schottenstein. I highly recommend him!!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag