Rate Dr. Douglas C. Schottenstein

Dr. Douglas C. Schottenstein's Ratings

I've been seeing Dr. Schottenstein for a few years now, and my experiences have only been good. He's a nice guy, he clearly knows his stuff, and his staff is super friendly/helpful. Each time I've seen him, he's taken the time not just to answer my questions, but also to make sure I really understood the problems I was having and what my options were. Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely would recommend him. Super sweet guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I have been seeing dr. Schottenstein for several years for sciatica. I can finally sit down for longer periods without feeling shooting pain every minute. Thanks to Dr. Schot im able to work virtually without pain. I am extremely grateful to him and his staff who work ever so diligently to provide me with personalized care. This is the first time in a long time that a doctor takes care of me like an actual human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

The doctor is a complete gentleman, and he always has been. He is funny and encouraging, and doesn't suggest he has all the answers for everything. Treatments work, but nothing is 100%.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Exceptional practice. Dr. schottenstein is one of the doctors that really care about his patients. He actually spends time to get to know me and remembers everything i say. Everytime that I mention I'm going on a long trip he gives me great advice on how to make sure i'm managing my pain well. He's been my doctor for years now and is the best. Staff is great as well. All helpful and very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Saw Dr. Schottenstein just last week- one of my favorite doctors. I saw him several years ago and he got rid of my back pain completely for several years. After last week's flare up and he was able to fit me in for an injection and I'm already back to experiencing great relief. I highly recommend this doctor- great knowledge and also a great staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

High level professionals, both the staff and dr schottenstein---very thorough and always willing to help and infinitely flexible - they have hours into the late night to squeeze everyone - they were able to see me for an initial appointment and give me an injection the same night! I'm feeling 85% better after just 1 injection. thanks Dr. S!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I had a really awesome experience with Dr schottenstein. He really took the time to listen to me and my concerns and discussed all of my options with me in detail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

He spent less than 5 minutes with me, sold me an epidural steroid injection, and then wouldn't come in the room for my follow up visit to see how I was doing. Sent in PAs to question me and try to sell me another shot, even though the first shot had negative results. Apparently, that's the whole business. Sell steroid shots, no matter what. Additionally, the staff doesn't seem to be able get anything right - not medical history, appointment times, flow of appointments, etc. It's a mess.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516274].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Standard recipe for all problems. MRI, Epidural. Zero physical exam skills. Arrogant PA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515734].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

He's been my doctor for 3 years and my quality of life is much better, as is my pain level day to day. He's there anytime i need something. Like have a question or problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498901].votes_count ]]