Dr. Douglas C. Schottenstein

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Douglas C. Schottenstein has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what insurance does he accept?    Email me    Answer it    See answers
Q: Does he take emblem health?    Email me    Answer it

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5588568
29/06/14 5 5 5 5 Very pleasant staff and amazing doctor. One of the best pain management doctors out there and I've been to a couple! Dr. Schottenstein really cares and knows what he's doing.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 5571250
19/06/14 5 5 5 5 My experience at Dr. Schottenstein's office was exceptional. His entire staff is warm, friendly and attentive. When I met the doctor, he was able to answer all of my questions, gave me options and proposed an individualized treatment plan that fit my desires and needs. Besides being extremely knowledgable, Dr. Schottenstein is extremely personable and empathetic. He has treated me better than any other doctor I've seen. He has helped alleviate pain I have been dealing with for many years. His office is efficient and his assistants are a delight to be around. Needless to say, I highly recommend him!
RID: 5343279
13/04/14 5 5 5 5 My favorite doctor. A few years back I got into an unfortunate car accident and was terribly afraid that I would be in pain for the rest of life unless I had surgery done for my lower back. Thankfully a colleague of mine referred me over to Dr. Schottenstein and everything changed. Since being treated by him I have been able to return to my usual routines, whether it was working out, spending time with my family, or just going back to work. He has great bedside manner and is very adept in his specialty. His staff are great as well. Both are very courteous, approachable, and knowledgeable and will make sure that all of your concerns are answered. It's the only one doctor's place that I don't mind taking off work to go to.  Respond
RID: 5342049
12/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Schottenstein is one of the best. He thoroughly addressed my concerns and we worked together to create a treatment plan that allowed me to maintain my lifestyle pain-free. The staff is extremely friendly and is always helpful. Both Dr. Schottenstein and the medical assistants answered all of my questions about the epidural steroid injection and made me feel extremely comfortable with the procedure, alleviating all of my nervousness. I highly recommend NY spine medicine!
RID: 5334217
06/04/14 5 4 5 5 I had been experiencing neck pain for quite some time and did not know what to do about it. I finally decided to go see Dr. S since he has such a good reputation online. My visit to his office did not disappoint. I had to wait a little since I was late but they saw me still quickly. All the staff was super friendly and the medical assistant that spoke to me was very kind and knowledgeable. When I met Dr. S, I immediately felt comfortable with him. He has an excellent bedside manner and explained exactly why I could possibly be having my pain and then went through my mri cd with me. He talked to me about my possible options and I was nervous about the shot he said he could give me to help my pain--but his medical assistants made sure I was comfortable and Dr. S talked to me the whole time. It was over before I knew it and now i feel great! Thanks Dr. Schottenstein!
RID: 5236541

13/03/14 3 4 1 1 Suffering from 2 lumbar disc hernias (one significant) I have contacted Dr Schottenstein at NY SPINE MEDICINE Clinic and sent him my MRI images and report, for him to EVALUATE if he can perform the Nucleoplasty Procedure instead of any other more or less invasive procedures available, stating also that I did NOT want an EPIDURAL. AFTER reviewing the info the Dr. CONFIRMED it was feasible and scheduled me to have the pre-op consultation on March 5th and the intervention on March 6th '14. Consequently, I (in painful condition) and my husband (who took vacation from work) drove 630km only to have the Dr. tell me, after looking at the SAME images, that the procedure was NOT recommended in MY CASE and that he would only perform a $1,200 epidural which I said from the beginning that I DID NOT want to have. To me this is money grab, FALSE advertising & lack of consideration for the patients. CAN this Dr. do ANYTHING else than EPIDURAL injections?? Probably NOT "IN YOUR CASE"...
Paid (or co-pay): $350
RID: 3596173
05/11/13 5 5 5 5 I'm feeling so much better! I've been a long term patient of Dr. Schottensteins for several years and he is the the most compassionate, kind, and knowledgeable doctor I know. He is always extremely accommodating and available which is hard to find. I highly recommend him!
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Douglas" to "Douglas C."

12/05/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

08/05/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2581722
10/03/13 5 5 5 5 After suffering for many years with a cervical disc injury, I went to Dr. Schottenstein to help manage the excruciating pain I was in. He recommended a combination of treatments and medications that together gave me a great amount of relief. He certainly know his stuff, but is also compassionate and listens as long as I need. He distracts me during painful procedures by chatting. Although his office is constantly busy, it was easy to reach them to make an appointment, and I always managed to get one when I needed it. His medical assistants are likewise brilliant and approachable. I never waited in his office - I remember trying to read the same article every time I visited and never actually finishing it. I'm also impressed with their response rate with prescription refills and the like - my pharmacy calls his staff and my refill is in pretty much instantaneously. For the past 3 years quality of care never flagged and they make a difficult situation much easier to bear.
Respond

19/09/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1473492
27/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Schottenstein took over my care for the summer from my regular doctors in Boston. He's a very considerate doctor and after only having seen him twice, I can tell that he truly cares about his patients and makes a concerted effort to address the problems that you are facing. He is VERY understanding and treated me with a great deal of respect. From our conversation, I could tell that he had exceptional knowledge of pain and pain treatments. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone who experiences chronic pain. He has a phenomenal bedside manner and takes the long-term approach to his solutions. Thank you so much Dr. Schottenstein.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1424365
25/04/11 5 5 5 5 You could not be in better hands. I highly recommend Dr. Schottenstein, the staff and all involved with their courteous and caring attributes. Signed. Dennis Storch, Viet Nam 1965.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1394804
23/03/11 4 3 3 4 I totally agree with this reviewer. This dr is VERY COCKY and has NO BED SIDE MANNER AT ALL. And I'm not your BUDDY dr Schottenstein. Im a paying patient. Don't ever forget that.  Respond
RID: 1384177
10/03/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent Doctor and extremely knowledgable. Doctor is very friendly and shows care and concern. Highly recommend.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond

04/07/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1184583
07/06/10 5 5 5 5 excellent office, i felt like i was truly taken care of, and the warmth of the staff was really nice  Respond
RID: 1086070
22/01/10 5 5 5 5 i had one epidural injection and feel 100% relief. very happy, and he has a great bedside manner.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1085798
21/01/10 5 5 5 5 excellent experience. best relief i have had since this nightmare began. i have 10 percent of the pain i once had. dr. schottenstein is the greatest
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1080679
16/01/10 5 5 5 5 i seriously can't believe how great i feel. probably i have 99% relief from the pain i had had for 4 years. fantastic experience at the office, and dr. schott is a wonderful guy
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1024265
02/11/09 5 5 5 5 I am a little confussed by comments made by one of the patients. Doctor "Doug" Schottenstein isnt cocky HE IS A VERY TALENTED DOCTOR his credentials speak for themselves. His bedside manner is well balanced and caring. Thats why there are so many patients in his waiting room?Doug saved my husband from his back pain after years of misdiagnosis he is finally pain free I am glad he is there and will always be his doctor. Reminder he isnt there for chit chat he is there to treat the sick.....yet he doesnt get a medal for his hard work nor does he ask for one the last time I saw.
RID: 889204
16/05/09 5 5 5 5 very pleasant experience, and the results were excellent. i feel 90% relief of the pain i originally had.
RID: 825336

11/03/09 4 3 2 4 Very fast, impatient and cocky. Very little bedside manner, and seemingly no genuine concern for patients. If I am wrong, doctor should prove that to be the case.
Paid (or co-pay): $50