You may also like

Rate Dr. Randall F. Dryer

Dr. Randall F. Dryer's Ratings

Please do not go to this doctor. I had a horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

As one who was very reluctant to have any kind of surgery on my spine for fear of the unknown outcome, I was in too much pain to not explore my options . After having an mri on my lower back I was referred to dr. Dryer @ctsi by my GP. After a very thorough examination by dr dryer we explored various alternatives, PT etc... over a 4 to 6 month period. Dr dryer was always very patient and not one to suggest surgery until we exhausted all options. When all else failed and the pain in my lower back (L2-L3) continued to grow worse by the day, dr dryer meticulously explained to me the X-LIF procedure to fuse the two together. With much apprehension and long nights thinking about it I decided to put my trust in dr dryer that what we were going to do was the correct decision. Now being 1 year post op I couldn't be more thrilled, or should I say overly thrilled with the results. I am back 100% to my daily workout routine,which involves quite a bit of heavy weight lifting, running, rowing etc... Being 42 years old knowing that I have many active years ahead of me, this was the one of the best decisions I've ever made and would not have been possible without the guidance/care of dr dryer and his wonderfully caring staff... Can't say enough good things about the overall experience and decision to have the surgery. Thank you very much Dr dryer and all at CTSI!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

I recently had surgery on my L4-L5 region on my back. My disc hernia was so large that I was unable to walk or stand and was wheelchair bound. Dr. Dryer took one look at my MRI I had done at the Emergency room and said he needed to operate as the spinal cord was so compressed that I was losing bowel and bladder function. He and his entire staff were so kind and compassionate, they each took the time to explain what was happening to me, why this surgery had to take place right away and just took the time to treat me like a person not just a patient or worse a number! Dr. Dryer took the time to meet with my family and kept them up to speed on my recovery. I have had many surgeries, and many doctors none of whom are more warm, caring and knowledgeable than Dr. Dryer. I highly recommend him to anyone needing back or neck surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

My wife had nerve pain in her leg due to herniated disc in lower back for over 10 yrs .Dr Dryer and staff did a discectomy on L4-5 disc. After yrs of chronic back and leg pain she is now pain free. Would highly recommend Dr Dryer if you have exhausted other options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

The experience was great to begin with. I met Dr. Dryer after recommendation by my Primary Care Physician. Dr. Dryer immediatly assessed my condition & recommended that I an AxioMed trial spinal surgey that he was conducting. He covered all details completely & answered my questions easily qualming any concern and anxiety I had about the operation. I was only in a recovery bed for 24-36 hours after the operation afterwich I was immediately up & actively performing normal activities with ease. I was initially reserved about participating in any physically stressful activity but after appx 1 year of not experiencing any negative effects of the surgery, I decided to and was fully capable of participating in Brazilian jiu-jistu classes and training with a personal trainer & staying physically active 3-5 times weekly. I have had only very very minor & very easily managable shooting nerve pains from the bottom of my right foot into my calf for apx 2-3 seconds only once every month or two.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2005056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I suffered with chronic back pain for 27 years. I am now 40. I was referred to Dr. Dryer and flew from South Florida to Texas to have him as my surgeon. I was fearful of surgery for many years and I went to several doctors for opinions. Dr Dryer and his team made me feel comfortable, confident, and assured me that the surgery would allow me to be free of pain. I can honestly say that I have never felt better! 4 months post spinal fusion of my L5 / S1 and a cage for a new disc since mine was gone, I am pain free. I can now say I wish I would have had it done 10 years ago! I can't thank Dr.Dryer enough! The vascular surgeon Dr. John Politz, was unbelievable as well. Thank you to them both for my perfect surgery. My scars look great as well. I am back spinning, stairmaster and light weight training.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2005055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr.Dryer was a exceptional doctor. I was impressed by his work he performed on me. After years of suffering, I went to him for surgery. Once everything was done, I started to feel immediate relief. I deffinitly reccomend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2005054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I wish I had gone to Dr. Dryer when he was first recommended to me (a year prior). He was knowledgeable and to the point. When you've been suffering for over 5 years you don't want to dilly dally around. He said, "If I can figure out what's wrong with your back would you like for me to fix it?" I said, "YES" and he did! I had L5-S1 fusion. I was back at work 3 weeks after surgery. It is now five months after surgery--I am working out regularly, and I don't even think about my back all day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2005053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

If you have back problems and are in need of surgery. I suggest you see Dr Randall Dryer. He is precise and knows his business. I was unable to stand for less than 5 minutes. I saw Dr Dryer and he did more testing to determine my exact problem. He guided me through my options. I was scared to have surgery especially on the back. Well here I am 3 months later going dove hunting, swimming with my grandchildren and able to work. I was able to return to work after a month, light duty and have seen significant improvement throughout. I have a disc fusion on two sets of lumbar vertebrae with cages and a decompression. I do experience some numbness down my right leg which has improved with time and have been told it could take up to a year. It is far better than pain, which is what I don't have to live with anymore. I fully trust this Dr and his staff is remarkable. Please take the time to see Dr Randall Dryer for a solution to your back problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2005052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

Excellent care by on of America's finest Orthopedic Surgeons. I felt so very lucky and blessed that he did my surgery and did an excellent job. He has healed me and I am so thankful for him and his awesome staff. I gladly give him the highest recommendation I can. This comes from an active-duty Army Aviator who has has wonderful medical care for over 23 years...he saved me and put me out of pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2005051].votes_count ]]