Dr. MARK C. MCDADE

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. MARK C. MCDADE has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Orthodontist-related: dental braces, invisalign
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3601644

10/11/13 1 1 1 1 I consulted with several orthodontists in Santa Barbara. Dr. McDade was the only one calling for extractions. Needless to say, I regret going with him and his pro extraction philosophy. I now cannot breath or eat properly due to missing teeth. The sad thing is orthodontists know extractions ruin faces and function, so this could be prevented, but it is not due to extractions resulting in less chair time.
Paid (or co-pay): $7500
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "MARK" to "MARK C."
RID: 2825995

31/08/13 1 3 1 1 Staff are a bunch of phonies who are nice to you until they get your money. Dr. Mcdade uses dated orthodontic techniques, specifically pulling healthy bicuspids to speed up his treatment time. This results in reduced oral space and bone in the patients' face. He doesn't mention this during the consult. One top of this, he is insulting and told me "I cannot accept positive change" after losing all support in my face due to him pulling teeth. He cares about nothing except gambling on the stock market and roller blading down State St on his lunch break. He is the most apathetic man I have ever met. The orthodontist who prepared my teeth for surgery, after switching from this **** noted 20+ errors. He has 3 offices b/c not enough go to the main one. The only reason gets away with this behavior is that most people don't notice the negative changes. If you care about aesthetics and your tooth/bone health, RUN.
Paid (or co-pay): $4000
RID: 1637024
17/11/11 5 5 5 5 Love it there!! He's the best in town and my kids have a great smile!!!
RID: 1023038
31/10/09 5 5 5 5 As a "mature" orthodontic patient I was made to feel very comfortable and welcome. Staff is very friendly, and was never kept waiting more than 5 minutes. I would highly recommend Dr.McDade to others.
RID: 320790
16/05/07 4 5 5 He helped rectify a major issue with previous braces for my son. Dr McDade did it with professionalism, an obvious broad knowledge base, and class. I would highly recommend him without reserve.
Paid (or co-pay): $4000
RID: 10455
10/08/05 5 5 5 Gread orthodontist, took me in as a very difficult case and althought the results werent "perfect" *my fault not his... I loved how they turned out. He and his staff are great!Thanks Dr.McDade  Respond
RID: 5446
13/02/05 5 5 5 Very personable and knowledgable. Very nice man and wonderful staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield