Dr. Susan J. Holland

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Susan J. Holland has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 2621402
18/04/13 5 5 5 5 I find Dr Holland and her staff to be wonderful, very professional, knowledgeable and very caring. I came to her as a newly diagnosed(rare)cancer patient just completing 48 extremely high dose radiation treatments. From the first visit, she told me "to list all my specialist because she needed to know all she could about my cancer, because she was determined to fight the battle along side me." She has gone above and beyond anything I ever experienced with a family physician. When I stopped going, she called my home and when my husband explained that my insurance was canceled because I had reached my limit, she told him to have me in her office the next day and I'm still her patient a year later.
Insurance: Lumenos
RID: 2553806
07/02/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Holland is the best physician I've had in a long time. She seems genuinely concerned for my health, does not rush through the appointment, listens carefully, and does not undermine me. Though I've never met a physician who is punctual, I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for her.  Respond
RID: 1510395
11/08/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Holland's for about 6 or more years. I think she is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She listens, and tries to find the answer to whatever is wrong with me. Some of the remarks I have read are really unbelievable to me. Her staff has always treated me well also.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1416665
14/04/11 1 3 3 3 I saw Dr. Holland a few times before I switched doctors. Every issue I had, she seemed to talk down to me as if it weren't as serious as I thought it was, even though one issue turned out to be a life-long ailment that did need treatment. On the other hand, other than her attitude, she did seem to know what she was talking about and was willing to send me to a specialist when needed. Her staff, on the other hand, I had a huge issue with. Every time I went in there, all the little 20-something girls were not professional enough to even try to hide their snide remarks about patients. One girl openly mocked the level of stomach pain I was feeling right outside the exam room where I could hear her clear as day. I could have dealt with Dr. Holland's talking down to me but coupled with her very, very poor staff, I found myself a much better doctor. (This was at the Garrisonville office.)  Respond
RID: 838581
22/03/09 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Holland's for about 6 years. She is the best doctor I have even been too. and I feel blessed to have found her. She makes you feel like you are her only patient and doesn't rush you.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 813330
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Holland was very helpful and was interested in my activities outside of the office and seemed to care about not just the problem at hand, but any other problems that may be occurring. I highly recommend her as a primary physician.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 413907
18/09/07 5 4 5 5 Dr Holland is a good doctor. She has a good demeanor, is thorough, and will work with you to figure our a solution to your medical needs. At times, I feel like she prescibes more tests than necessary, but if it prevents a problem down the road its worth it.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 38198
29/07/06 5 5 5 Most doctors I have been to don't have time to listen to what you ahve to say, or even give credence to the nuances of a concern or complaint. Dr. Holland takes that time. She no doubt sacrifices some profit to give the patients that kind of extra attention, no factory line approach to medicine for her, and its sure appreciated. She is unflappable, knowledgable, and doesn't let anything rest until she figures out whats going on. One of the best I have been to.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 26857
30/03/06 5 2 2 She's OK if you don't have anything truly serious going on. She refused to prescribe antibiotics when I (once again) was suffering from a sinus infection (she wanted me to try a "nasal wash"). She refused to run any tests to find out why I was sick all the time, even though I had labwork that showed there was definitely something wrong, and I was coughing up green and pink stuff from my lungs. She tossed me one of her lab test order forms and said, "here--knock yourself out. It's gonna be really expensive because your insurance isn't going to pay for any of it" even after I literally handed her a diagnosis (fortunately I found a doc who believed me). I thought internists were supposed to put together all the info from specialists and try to figure out what's wrong with a patient. I had to figure out what was wrong with me, and when I did, she wouldn't even consider it. She turned out to be nothing more than an expensive filing cabinet.
Insurance: Tricare