Rate Dr. Ronald Sockolov

Dr. Ronald Sockolov's Ratings

Terrible reception, no empathy for patients-made me hobble with a herniated disk all over the office, did not schedule apt with Dr. that I requested. They also wanted to let a physician's assistant see me and review my MRI as opposed to the DR. The receptionist said I would need to come in and I stated that I just needed a referral to PT, and Pain Management which the office had issued months before-but I never used. They stated that I would need to come in to get it and that if I could make it to the Emergency Room, I could make it there. They also lied about being able to get my MRI from another hospital. They said If I brought ER paperwork in they would be able to call and get the MRI--when I arrived to office they did not help me, and said they could not do anything without MRI-they also never got my files, or previous MRI's from months before --they only care about billing for the office visit, not the patient. They also have no disregard for pain/inconvenience caused to me.

Submitted July 31, 2013 | flag

Unlike some previous commenters, I am happy with Ron Sockolov as a doctor. But the staff is very bad. Cold, even rude at times. Lost test results. Follow-up calls not returned. I see others had similar experiences over the years. Since nothing has changed, I can only assume no one at the office cares.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

Don't go see Dr. Ron Sockolov. He is a jerk--he interrupted me when I was trying to describe symptoms (actually yelled at me once to get me to stop talking), frequently said "what do you want ME to do about it?" like I was annoying him with impossible, made-up problems. Instead of using his brain to actually identify the problem, he recommended I go see a therapist because over and over he said that I must just be depressed; all the symptoms were just in my head. Would not refer me to any specialist I asked for. Found out later through a different doctor that I have celiac disease, and that all my symptoms were real and legitimate. Don't go to this office; find a doctor with a heart and a brain, and who uses both.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag

Due to severe ear pain at 3 a.m. and after trying pain medication we contacted the on call service and were connected to Dr Ron Sockolov .. After describing symptoms ,his only comment was "what do you want me to do?" Many patients try to avoid having to disturb a doctor in the middle of the night, when they do call it is an important matter to them. The expectation would be for the doctor to have some compassion. Unfortunately this doctor lacks any bedside matter and was annoyed that I called him. I certainly hope none of Dr. Sockolov's family members ever encounter a Dr. As rude as he was. Shame on you for acting like you are above or better than someone.

Submitted June 11, 2011 | flag

I went in for a revaluation of my depression medication (which the good Dr. Ron hasn't recommended a check up for about 6 years) and had an awful experience. It felt like an interrogation, not an evaluation. He asked what depression medication I wanted, and when I responded "I can't differentiate between the multitude of choices," his response was "You've dodged my questions twice now, now I'm gonna ask you again, what med do you want?" I talked about catalyzing factors and a specific even that sent me over the edge into a nervous breakdown, he basically said, "You're an analytical person, why can't you figure it out." I mentioned Medical Marijuana for my anxiety, he said no here's some habit-forming Xanax instead ("But I'll know if you're trying to go over your prescription refill if you get addicted") Absolutely worst Dr. visit I've ever had, Dr. Ron is getting burned out and just doesn't give a crap about you, just so long as he gets to the person in the next room.

Submitted June 28, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient at this office for about 15 years. While I have never been overly impressed, it seemed adequate for my minimal needs. But when I transferred my chronically ill adult child here from pediatric care, I expected better and was very disappointed. Without getting into specifics, I'll just say I agree with other recent comments classifying this office as a patient mill: staff is short, unfriendly and cold; they try to schedule as many patients as possible with the NP rather than the doctor; and it is too easy to fall through the cracks. After many years of dealing with my child's serious health issues and multiple surgeries, I think I can identify practices that are outstanding and those that are not. I have no patience with having to fight for good care. We are going elsewhere.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2009 | flag

Office staff is rude and disinterested in patients. Waiting room is crowded and wait time is long in both the waiting room and examining room.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2009 | flag

Nothing against Ron, he's a good guy, but HMO policy dictates what he can do. You have to know how to work the system or you’ll get terrible service. Exaggerate every problem and demand that tests be run. Don’t take no for answer and on your way out make an appointment for two weeks later, a follow up. HMOs require you to complaint multiple times before they’ll do anything. The biggest problem with Ron is not him, but the referral doctors you get by being associated with his office. While I like Ron, I can’t recommend him because he surrounds himself with terrible doctors.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

I was a patient of Dr Rons for years and I had a trauma injury with 5 fractures and he refused after 3 visits to refer me to orthopedic doctor which is protocol. I am a nurse so I think it was because I asked. He never examined me or my leg or ribs. He stands at the end of the counter all day and charts. Get another profession if burned out. The front desk is rude and they never call back with lab or x-rays in a timely manner. My brother-in-law just died and he was misdiagnosed by this office for 6 months to a year.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2009 | flag

My experience with Dr.Sockolov was wonderful,but not with his Physician-Assistant:Deborah Petteway.I had an urgent medical problem & had to come in immediately,& therefore,she,instead of Dr.Sockolov,saw me.After I described to her my symptoms,her explanations showed me that she wasn't listening,& therefore,I repeated the story to her,& each time I told her again,she said I kept changing my story,& that confirmed she totally didn't listen at all.She couldn't answer my questions & finally said things that was completely off.In 2 days,my face was so swollen to the point that I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror & she said it didn't look swollen to her like I've never met myself.She explained why the lower part of my face was swollen,& when I asked her about my top swollen part of face,she said "maybe you put on some pounds!"...well,not in 2 days!& not to the point that I can't recognize myself in the mirror! Now,my swollen face is still in pain and wondering if I should go to the ER!

Submitted Jan. 16, 2009 | flag