Rate Dr. Joshua M. Zimmerman

Dr. Joshua M. Zimmerman's Ratings

I've been to this office many times over the past year due to a shoulder issue. My most recent visit to the office was post-surgery and I was extremely nervous about it. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, even helping me through a transition between insurance companies.The office staff and nurses - Mimi, Sierra, Shannon, Candice, and Marrisa to be specific - went out of their way to make sure that everything was taken care of and that I was comfortable and understood what was going on. Doctor Zimmerman was very knowledgeable and caring, making sure I understood the situation and knew all of the options that were available. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2460901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Not sure why other had problems with the staff. I've been a patient of that medical group for over 17 years. Dr. Zimmerman, Dr. Charen and Dr. Marcus, excellent doctors. Staff has ALWAYS been friendly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2460900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

The staff is rude. The receptionist refused to give me an appointment because I have been seen once by another doctor. Dr. Marcus doesn't see any patients who have been seen by any other orthopedic doctors. Couldn't even make an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I found the doctor to be extremely knowledable, compasionate and friendly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

excellent visit, the doctor understood my needs and the staff was very polite and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Dr.Zimmerman is ok but the staff is terrible. I went to him and liked him so I booked my surgery on a specific day, took time off of work. Before my surgery they sent me a letter explaining date of surgery & where. The date of the surgery was completely wrong so I had called & the girl who schedules the surgery was out & nobody called back, I kept calling and finally got to someone & she fought with me that I told her I wanted that date, which was clearly wrong, I booked my surgery on a specific date & they had it all wrong. I asked to speak to the office manager & she sided with the girl that booked everything. So the outcome to this was I was so turned off by the staff that I ended up canceling the whole surgery & picked up my MRI films the next day. Dr was good but was not impressed with how the staff handled the matter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2011

Saw the Dr. today. Reviews are accurate. Positive: Dr. is very nice and very good. Took his time and explained all. Very knowledgable and i left totally satisfied. NEGATIVE: I was ignored for 20 minutes after I arrived, and when a new person came in and was given initial papers to fill out i said I was here 20 minutes and was not given them or recognized. The reply from the older kinda bitter lady, was "that's not my problem"!!! Terrible! When the reg receptionist came back from where ever I was taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

Dr. Zimmerman was great, he truly examined me and spoke clearly and discussed the situation. I am thrilled he is my orthopedic guy for the injuries I suffered in a motorcycle accident. I reccomend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2010

Dr. Zimmerman is a competent doctor but his staff is both rude and incompetent. Had huge and costly insurance issues after surgery despite his surgical coordinator telling me this was an in-network, fully-covered surgery. This woman then blamed me. I spent 7 months dealing with bills I never anticipated including the cynical "up-sell" of an anesthetic procedure minutes before I went under the knife that was denied in its entirely by BCBS. Do not trust what his surgical coordinator tells you - get it in WRITING from all providers - his office, the hospital, the anesthesiologist, etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2010

Dr. Zimmerman is excellent. I have had to vsit him twice for broken bones and bothe he & his staff are wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2006048].votes_count ]]