Rate Dr. Arthur K. Balin

Dr. Arthur K. Balin's Ratings

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

Husband has been going to Dr. Balin since 2003. Previous 20 yrs. with other skin doctors. Several cancers found, several removed, a artist with the knife and stitches. The four and sometimes five hours wait was well worth the life of my hustand. Time spent in Dr. Balins' office beats time that could be spent with chemo or radiation.

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

My appointment was at 10:30a. I waited until 12:00 before I saw Dr. Balin. At first he spoke to me and took my history, then he left while I undressed. He and his assistant returned at 1:15p to exam & mark my skin & take pictures. They left again and returned at 2p to start biopsy process. He took biospy of 12 sites and told me to make an appointment in two weeks to follow-up. I left the office at 3:25p. He did not explain what he was looking at or whether there was a concern, just that all areas marked were concerning. The delays fully tested my patience, on several occasions throughout the appointment I thought I would just get up and walk out, but I did not. I am dreading follow-up toady and hope that it will be quicker process.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

The first time I saw Dr. Balin, for a skin biopsy, was after a 2-hour wait. The second time, for the biopsy results, I waited 2 hours in the waiting room, then was shown into the exam room. After 45 minutes there, I asked the nurse if the doctor would see me soon, as I had to leave soon. She said he still had 2 procedures to perform before seeing me. I said I only needed biopsy results, she told me it was negative. The whole thing could have been handled over the phone, but he would have had me wait over 3 hours for a 1 minute conversation. The fact that my waiting times on both visits was so long tells me that this is deliberate scheduling policy. Crowding patients in like that may maximize Dr. Balin's profits, but is extremely inconsiderate to the patients. I will find another dermatologist.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2012 | flag

You have got to be be kidding me!!! Appt set for 3pm told to get there a few minutes early to fill out paperwork. Dr. 4 effin hours!! That's FOUR effin hours!!! The receptionist informed that this Dr. Routinely takes a "few" hours in the waiting area (oh and subjected to the loudest and worst chamber music known to mankind). Ladies and gentlemen I'm so sorry your not feeling well but please STAY away from this wack job!!! The worst experience EVER!!!!!

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

Do not use this doctor unless you want horrific scars and don't mind waiting hours for every "appointment". He operates in the middle of the night (my surgery did not begin until 11:30 pm, I guess that should have set off a red flag). He took four hours to remove a 1/4 inch stage 0 (insitu) melanoma and ruined my face permanently. I just had another similar surgery done by a plastic surgeon. He took 15 minutes, and it looks better after two weeks than Balin's "handywork" looks after 6 years. I have several friends who have had similar experiences with him, also.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

PROS: Very knowledgeable and current on up-to-date procedures and medical advances, takes time to explain procedures and options, answers all questions, meticulous. Staff is very helpful. CONS: Initial appointment with baseline body scan takes a few hours. Call office ahead of appt to see if he is on schedule. Don't go by first impressions. He DOES warm up. Dr. Balin is the most thorough doctor I have ever experienced and will spend as much time with you as is necessary. The "wait" is worth it. I had 10 biopsies done. 4 were precanerous and one was a squamous cell carcinoma, which Dr. Balin removed using Moh's surgery. I was very happy with the quality of work. I will continue to see him on an annual basis.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Balin and his wife (Dr. Pratt) are great doctors. Prepare ahead to have to wait, bring a book. They are meticulous, therefore the wait time. You're worth it !

Submitted Sept. 20, 2011 | flag

Most knowagable dermitoligist on the planet, espsecially on skin cancer.#1 in the world.MOHS surgery tecnhique.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

Excellent skin cancer doctor. Staff informed me of delay with appointment so I was not sitting and waiting.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag