Dr. R. THOMAS SCHMIDT

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 06/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. R. THOMAS SCHMIDT has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6
RID: 1687526
15/01/12 5 5 5 5 Very warm person. My sister saw him for her breast cancer. Made me feel very comfortable and important. Good sense of humor.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1676109
04/01/12 5 4 5 5 He's my life saver. Have known him for 12 years. Removed cancer 5yrs ago and F/U every 6 mos. Love the hugs and positive attitude, as well as the no nonsense medical verbage. He's the best and I won't see anyone else. Great staff and great team. Always look forward to his visits.
RID: 1501190
01/08/11 5 5 5 5 If you want the BEST sometimes you may have to wait. Just remember if something happens to you he will take the same amount of time, care and consideration to answer all your question and concerns as well. He is the only surgeon I have met that will try to save your breasts if possible. I have been to a surgeon on this list who wanted to remove my breast. Dr Schmidt said "we can always remove but lets try this". To this day I STILL have my breast. That was about 15 years ago. I still have my check-ups as needed.
RID: 1460098
08/06/11 5 5 5 5 He's the best...did surgery several years ago for papilloma that turned out benign.. can't see scar now. seeing for followup for years. very caring, rare doctor. highly recommend.  Respond
RID: 1344741
24/01/11 5 4 5 5 R. Thomas Schmidt is at St. Vincent Hospital and only does breast cancer surgery. And he's booked solid because he's good! He's warm and friendly and passes out hugs to his patients, and does fantastic work in the OR, too!