Rate Dr. R. THOMAS SCHMIDT

Dr. R. THOMAS SCHMIDT's Ratings

Very warm person. My sister saw him for her breast cancer. Made me feel very comfortable and important. Good sense of humor.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

He's my life saver. Have known him for 12 years. Removed cancer 5yrs ago and F/U every 6 mos. Love the hugs and positive attitude, as well as the no nonsense medical verbage. He's the best and I won't see anyone else. Great staff and great team. Always look forward to his visits.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

If you want the BEST sometimes you may have to wait. Just remember if something happens to you he will take the same amount of time, care and consideration to answer all your question and concerns as well. He is the only surgeon I have met that will try to save your breasts if possible. I have been to a surgeon on this list who wanted to remove my breast. Dr Schmidt said "we can always remove but lets try this". To this day I STILL have my breast. That was about 15 years ago. I still have my check-ups as needed.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2011 | flag

He's the best...did surgery several years ago for papilloma that turned out benign.. can't see scar now. seeing for followup for years. very caring, rare doctor. highly recommend.

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag

R. Thomas Schmidt is at St. Vincent Hospital and only does breast cancer surgery. And he's booked solid because he's good! He's warm and friendly and passes out hugs to his patients, and does fantastic work in the OR, too!

Submitted Jan. 24, 2011 | flag