Rate Dr. R. Thomas Schmidt

Dr. R. Thomas Schmidt's Ratings

Dr. Schmidt is a butcher, with St. V. in his back pocket. He is very touchy feely & acts like he really cares about you. He has been investigated by medicare & numerous insurance companies. I would have never gone to him, if my previous doctor had not been on sabatical. I no longer see Dr. Schmidt & I really hope anyione that is refered to him, gets a second opinion. The wait to see him is at least 1 hour & no place to sit in waiting room. Then when you do get to the exam room, he is in & out with no time for questions. He preformed unnecessary surgerys on me & Put me thru alot of stress not to mention the pain. Other doctors in thid firlf have NO respect for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr. Schmidt is an excellent doctor who is extremely compassionate. He took the time to explain my cancer treatment plan and set me up with Dr. Birhiray my oncologist. They make an excellent team. I felt confident with both of them throughout my journey. My Masectomy was done with such skill and the incision has healed beautifully. Dr Schmidt is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Dr. Schmidt is a very good doctor. However, he brushes off questions and comes across as patronizing and dismissive. Hugs and pats on the shoulder are nice but I prefer to be treated like an adult, with adult explanations to my questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2558801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr Schmidt is very caring and very knowledgable. He put me at ease right away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Very warm person. My sister saw him for her breast cancer. Made me feel very comfortable and important. Good sense of humor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2012

He's my life saver. Have known him for 12 years. Removed cancer 5yrs ago and F/U every 6 mos. Love the hugs and positive attitude, as well as the no nonsense medical verbage. He's the best and I won't see anyone else. Great staff and great team. Always look forward to his visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

If you want the BEST sometimes you may have to wait. Just remember if something happens to you he will take the same amount of time, care and consideration to answer all your question and concerns as well. He is the only surgeon I have met that will try to save your breasts if possible. I have been to a surgeon on this list who wanted to remove my breast. Dr Schmidt said "we can always remove but lets try this". To this day I STILL have my breast. That was about 15 years ago. I still have my check-ups as needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

He's the best...did surgery several years ago for papilloma that turned out benign.. can't see scar now. seeing for followup for years. very caring, rare doctor. highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

R. Thomas Schmidt is at St. Vincent Hospital and only does breast cancer surgery. And he's booked solid because he's good! He's warm and friendly and passes out hugs to his patients, and does fantastic work in the OR, too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279120].votes_count ]]