You may also like

Rate Dr. William A. Portuese

Dr. William A. Portuese's Ratings

Dr. Portuese is an excellent doctor. I'm a 57 year old white female who has lost over 80 pounds over the last 2 years, therefore I had a lot of loose skin on my face and neck. Nine weeks ago Dr. Portuese performed a lower face/neck life, brow life, chin implant and dermabrasion around my lips. I couldn't be more happier with the results, everyday just keeps getting better. My sister went to Dr. Portuese 6 years ago for a facelift and to this day she still looks beautiful and much younger then her 61 years of age. I highly recommend Dr. Portuese, he truly is an amazing Doctor and his entire staff is first rate and very caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Portuese performed an eye lift surgery for me with beautiful results. His is very compassionate and sensitive and his staff is outstanding. He is extremely talented and experienced and very conservative in his approach to plastic surgery. I would see him again for any additional surgery and have recommended him to all of my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I had both upper and lower eye lids surgery with Dr. Portuese two months ago and I am happy with the results. He is extremely knowledgable in his field of surgery. I highly recommend him .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Excellent experience! My daughter's nose is so beautiful!!! We highly recommend Dr. Portuese! He is truly the "nose" doctor of the Northwest! Her chin implant is beautiful as well! Highly recommend him and his staff!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Portuese for any type of plastic or reconstructive surgery. Both my eye lid and neck lift surgeries very positive experiences. He and his staff are very professional and explain every aspect of the procedure and exactly what the results will look like. I had no surprises and am very pleased with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Asian Indian/Male/43. Broken my nose multiple times by playing sports dating back to high school/college. Had three prior rhinoplasties (91, 06, 12) that were never done correctly. My nose was not centered on my face, my nostrils had collapsed, I had major breathing issues, and (the issue that most affected me) my nasal tip had lost all support and almost appeared to touch my upper lip when I smiled. I was highly skeptical of going under the knife again… and, honestly, I was resigned to the fact that it was impossible for me to have a normal nose or one that resembled how I used to look before all the sports breaks and surgeries.

My wife deserves a lot of credit here. She convinced me to give it another shot. We've been together for nearly 15 years and over that time, she's seen how I have become someone who avoids having their picture taken. We have two small children and it was shocking to me how I was noticeably absent from the majority of our family pictures. I would just shrug it off by saying, "I'm just the one always behind the camera"… but it was more than that. I knew that I had lost confidence and that I didn't like the way that I looked.

We did a lot of research before coming to Dr. Portuese. With each of my prior rhinoplasties, online reviews (or reviews of any kind) were none existent. Based on the research, we felt very empowered and decided to have consultations from the very best doctors, regardless of whether we had to travel out of state. Due to my history, I knew that it was absolutely necessary to locate a doctor that specialized in revision rhinoplasty (with a large number of documented cases). I also wanted a doctor who was also an ENT. After consulting with my short list of doctors, I decided to put my trust in Dr. Portuese.

During our initial consultation, he listened to everything that I had to say. I'm sure like many of you, I was forced to become a pseudo nose expert and I had a long list of things that I wanted to make sure that he understood about my case. I appreciated the fact that he never once interrupted or cut me off when I was speaking. He listened to all of my concerns and then did a very thorough examination of my nose . He confirmed that it was an extremely complex case and then proceeded to clearly lay out his plan to fix my nose… once and for all.

I had my fourth and last revision rhinoplasty performed in June 2014. The operation lasted longer than what Dr. Portuese had initially anticipated based on all of the things that he needed to address. He even said that when he was working on my tip, a piece of silicone or plastic (obviously from one of my past rhinoplasties) just shot out of my nose and onto the floor!

Fast forward to today. I just completed my final office visit. My nose is centered on my face. My nostrils are much more symmetrical. And my tip does not droop at all (for the first time in over 20 years). I had very realistic goals and knew that I could never have a perfect celebrity nose. But what I can confidently say is that my nose is very similar to how it was prior to all of the sports-related breaks and botched rhinoplasties. That I feel like I look like myself again. That I don't mind being in pictures. Which is so much more than what I was realistically hoping for.

Our year-long experience with his facility has been excellent. From his office staff (Janet, Jamie and Ashton) to his surgical support staff, his entire practice is geared to make you feel like you are family. Each visit, we felt like we were his only patients.

I would like to sincerely thank Dr. Portuese for giving me renewed confidence. I hope that he understands my appreciation for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I'd previously broken my nose years before and as a result it was twisted. I researched for over a year and finally decided on Dr. Becker out in New Jersey. After two failed attempts at fixing it I with Dr. Becker I just gave up. He did improve it but didn't fix it and more or less just accepted it as a win.

Finally after years of discomfort I went to Dr. Portuese. My nose is finally fixed. It's really pretty perfect. Looks like it did before. Honestly, has changed my life. Never been happier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

AWFUL experience. I had a primary rhinoplasty done by Dr Portuese in 2012. We both weren't happy with the outcome; my nasal bones had drifted apart leaving the bridge extremely wide, as well as a very bulbous tip. He did a full revision in 2014.
I now have a BIG bump on the top/side of my bridge, I mean penny sized bump. The tip of my nose looks like a marble and the worst part - I can not breath in through my nose, nor smell.
My quality of life has decreased dramatically. Not being able to breath, smell, and having this big ugly nose in the middle of my face has sent me into a drowning depression. Dr Portuese practically laughed at me when I have come with my complaints time after time. I've gone to his office a total of twelve times. He did not look inside my nose ONCE. He ignored the fact that I couldn't breath - saying it was swelling. Yes, a year later and it's still swelling. Sounds like a lazy surgeon to me.
I honestly wish I could sit in front of his office screaming at everyone to not go see him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2737323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

After many months of researching facial plastic surgeons in the greater Seattle Area, I finally decided to give Dr. Portuese a call to schedule my consultation. That call was by far the best call I had ever made. Due to both my complex external features and internal symptoms, I knew without a doubt that I needed the best of the best to perform my rhinoplasty. During my consultation, Dr. Portuese indeed diagnosed what I was already aware of, plus a lot more. Quickly my rhinoplasty was joined with a septoplasty, and grafts upon grafts, upon grafts. All I could think was 'wow my entire nose has to be reconstructed!' Dr. Portuese walked me through the procedure and even sketched exactly what his plan was to fix the severe external dent in my nose and to correct my breathing. I then met with Janet in finance and scheduling to help me better understand what was covered and what was not covered by insurance. The second I left I felt so confident in Dr. Portuese and his staff.... However I quickly realized I was not ready for such a big surgery. I was young and really scared. Everyone in the office was so understanding and was very adamant about scheduling the surgery when I was ready. They were not pushy at all.

Now fast forward two years later...when I was finally ready! I scheduled my 2nd consultation with Dr. Portuese. He again, walked through every step and reminded me of the procedure and the work that needed to be performed. He answered every and any question, and was extremely supportive and trust worthy. He made me feel so comfortable and actually so incredibly excited for my upcoming surgery!

The day of my surgery, the day went by so fast. I sat in a room overlooking all of downtown Seattle and the Puget Sound.. It was very beautiful and calming. I met with Dr. Portuese and the Anesthesiologist, whom both walked me through the process and clued me in how I would feel afterward. After walking into the surgical room, I laid down and talked to the nurses and Dr for 5 min while they hooked up my monitors and IV...I don't remember anything after that. A few hrs later, I woke up in recovery, and was then wheeled to my family to go home.

Dr. Portuese and his nurses perfectly prepared me for all post operative symptoms and care. There were no surprises or problems. I was called daily by a nurse to check my progress. I truly was never in a lot of pain.. It just felt like a bad head cold. The lack of sleep from being able to lie down was probably the most uncomfortable part (which is nothing). I believe I even worked from home the next week!

I am now 6 months post op and I can say without a doubt that I am so happy with the results and I am so happy with my decision to have Dr. Portuese be my surgeon. He is without a doubt an artist. His work is perfection! I can guarantee there is no one else like him! He does not use antibiotics or need to make one external incision. He is truly the best!

Thank you Dr. Portuese and staff for making my experience so amazing and for taking such good care of me! I now have the nose I was always meant to have and I can breathe again!!!:)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2566831].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr. William Portuese is a highly skilled and artistic plastic surgeion. I am very pleased with the results of my procedure--very natural and met all my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Portuese.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2418609].votes_count ]]