Rate Dr. William A. Portuese

Dr. William A. Portuese's Ratings

After many months of researching facial plastic surgeons in the greater Seattle Area, I finally decided to give Dr. Portuese a call to schedule my consultation. That call was by far the best call I had ever made. Due to both my complex external features and internal symptoms, I knew without a doubt that I needed the best of the best to perform my rhinoplasty. During my consultation, Dr. Portuese indeed diagnosed what I was already aware of, plus a lot more. Quickly my rhinoplasty was joined with a septoplasty, and grafts upon grafts, upon grafts. All I could think was 'wow my entire nose has to be reconstructed!' Dr. Portuese walked me through the procedure and even sketched exactly what his plan was to fix the severe external dent in my nose and to correct my breathing. I then met with Janet in finance and scheduling to help me better understand what was covered and what was not covered by insurance. The second I left I felt so confident in Dr. Portuese and his staff.... However I quickly realized I was not ready for such a big surgery. I was young and really scared. Everyone in the office was so understanding and was very adamant about scheduling the surgery when I was ready. They were not pushy at all.

Now fast forward two years later...when I was finally ready! I scheduled my 2nd consultation with Dr. Portuese. He again, walked through every step and reminded me of the procedure and the work that needed to be performed. He answered every and any question, and was extremely supportive and trust worthy. He made me feel so comfortable and actually so incredibly excited for my upcoming surgery!

The day of my surgery, the day went by so fast. I sat in a room overlooking all of downtown Seattle and the Puget Sound.. It was very beautiful and calming. I met with Dr. Portuese and the Anesthesiologist, whom both walked me through the process and clued me in how I would feel afterward. After walking into the surgical room, I laid down and talked to the nurses and Dr for 5 min while they hooked up my monitors and IV...I don't remember anything after that. A few hrs later, I woke up in recovery, and was then wheeled to my family to go home.

Dr. Portuese and his nurses perfectly prepared me for all post operative symptoms and care. There were no surprises or problems. I was called daily by a nurse to check my progress. I truly was never in a lot of pain.. It just felt like a bad head cold. The lack of sleep from being able to lie down was probably the most uncomfortable part (which is nothing). I believe I even worked from home the next week!

I am now 6 months post op and I can say without a doubt that I am so happy with the results and I am so happy with my decision to have Dr. Portuese be my surgeon. He is without a doubt an artist. His work is perfection! I can guarantee there is no one else like him! He does not use antibiotics or need to make one external incision. He is truly the best!

Thank you Dr. Portuese and staff for making my experience so amazing and for taking such good care of me! I now have the nose I was always meant to have and I can breathe again!!!:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr. William Portuese is a highly skilled and artistic plastic surgeion. I am very pleased with the results of my procedure--very natural and met all my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Portuese.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2418609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I am about 6 weeks post nose surgery for a deviated septum and nasal fracture and am so far pleased with the results. I broke my nose a few years back and it was crooked and stuffed, and even before that I could never breath very well. I finally decided to see a specialist about it. I was very skeptical of having surgery because its never fun but the staff made me feel confident in that decision and after trying some other things I was sure it was the best option too. Surgery went well, bruising and pressure was intense, and my nose is still a little numb/tingly but I can breath better way better and my nose is straighter. I'm also very pleased with my profile which wasn't even something that really bothered me before my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2418608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I had blepharoplasty (eyelid reduction) surgery by Dr. Portuese. From beginning to end he and his staff were considerate and professional. The office and operating rooms are clean, safe and well-maintained. I am very pleased with the results of my procedure and would recommend him to my friends and family. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Dr. Portuese did a revision tip rhinoplasty for me in February 2012. He corrected a poorly done rhinoplasty I had done in the early 80's. I was very pleased with results. He removed a bump which had gone unaddressed in the earlier surgery and re-aligned the tip, which had become noticeably asymmetrical over the years. He also improved air flow by unblocking one nostril and also corrected a chronic bloody nose problem. I am a runner, and the surgery has markedly improved my breathing capacity. Dr. Portuese's staff was extremely helpful and professional -- and promptly responded to my email inquiries. I traveled from out-of-state to Seattle for my surgery. His staff welcomed my 16-yr old daughter, who accompanied me and cared for me immediately after my surgery. As noses go, I believe my case was somewhat complex. I was very pleased with the results, and only regret I did not find Dr. Portuese earlier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

After an accident, a dear friend of mine told me about the best Facial Plastic Surgeon in Seattle. From the moment I stepped into his office, I felt comfortable and cared for. Dr. Portuese is kind, professional, patient, and knowledgeable. His staff is accommodating, friendly, and helpful. I came to him with a nasal fracture, deviated septum, and a bump on the bridge of my nose that I have carried for 30 years. I was anxious about having the repair/rhinoplasty, but the result is incredible. My nose is straight and the lump is gone. He was right, the recovery was much easier than I expected. I could not be happier with the experience and the result. I love my nose! Never thought that would be possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

LOVE this doctor and his staff. Extremely professional and good bed side manor. He is not pushy and he is a straight shooter. I had a complicated rhinoplasty performed over 7 months ago and I cannot describe how happy I am with the results. He is definitely the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2013

I had rhinoplasty surgery done by doctor Portuese I'm extremely happy with the outcome. He was very professional and I knew he understood and listen to me, the surgery went well and the recovery was quick and almost painless I am very thankful to him and his staff I feel like a new person with a natural beautiful looking nose! I would highly recommend doctor P.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2013

Dr. Portuese came recommended as a top surgeon. I heard many terrific things aboout his surgical talent and his bedside manner. I found both of these critical components in a doctor in Dr. P. I had a difficult to do procedure on my nose. I had severely restricted airways, which Dr. P opened up. I had severe sleep apnea which caused major health problems. Dr. P did an outstanding job before, during and after surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Doc P was a needle in a haystack for me. I've seen so many doctors that I've become a connoisseur of doctors. I was at a low point where I expected nothing. My problem was non glamorous, functional and caused by another surgeon years ago. Very few doctors I had seen understood or had any idea how to treat my condition. Doc P got my attention by listening and I mean really actually listening and actually working with me. I've been to doctors where they tried to finish my sentences for me. He did some careful analysis and proposed a non standard kind of a solution that required skill, imagination and perhaps a touch of bravery to tackle. He is obviously a skilled knowledgeable guy to be where he is yet he is humble and understated. He uses simple analogies that explain without belittling you. Long story short he helped me a great deal. The worst kind of job, dealing with someone else's mess and scar tissue and he pulled it off. He has surrounded himself with amazing caring staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730881].votes_count ]]