Dr. AVANI R. LAKHANI

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. AVANI R. LAKHANI has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

10/11/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "AVANI" to "AVANI R."
RID: 2699706
03/07/13 5 5 5 5 Having worked with several OB/GYN in the past 20 years in Hawaii and in the mainland, I found Dr Lakhani to be most professional and kind. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. I found that Dr Lakhani explains surgical options and nonsurgical options quite clearly with a non-biased, helpful, factual manner. Waiting time varies, but it's well worth it when there is a wait as every medical and dental facility I've experienced has wait times. I highly recommend Dr Lakhani. As far as costs: totally comparable to other facilities with a personal touch. Standards of care are excellent.
RID: 2695515
27/06/13 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr. Lakhani if you are on Maui. Nice private office, pleasant and professional staff. I has a great experience getting Adiana. She has a very compassionate bedside manner, and the Nurse practitioner is excellent as well.
RID: 2694530
26/06/13 5 5 5 5 I would strongly recommend Dr Lakhani. She is thorough, personable, and very helpful with my experience. It's difficult to find an OBGYN who you feel you comfortable and trusting with, but I found I was able to do so with Dr Lakhani. Staff was very helpful and accommodating to me as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for OBGYN care.
RID: 2681854
18/06/13 1 1 1 1 Dr repeatedly recommended aggressive treatment without mentioning viable less invasive options offered by 2nd and 3rd opinions. I experienced tremendous difficulty with their accounting department, trying repeatedly to make a payment only to be told repeatedly not to pay yet as they were reviewing and appealing with the insurance company. After 5 months of countless attempts at getting a straight answer from a helpless staff received a certified letter stating they would no longer provide service due to nonpayment! Dr. would never return my calls. I would not recommend.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2544728
29/01/13 5 5 5 5 Very confortable office, polite staff, doctor has very caring sweet demeanor. Excellent surgeon would highly reccomend!
RID: 2463747
01/11/12 5 5 5 5 I just moved to Maui from Denver, Colorado and needed to schedule my annual exam and have my IUD removed. Coming from the Mainland, I had very high standards and was pleasantly surprised to find such a fantastic OB practice in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. From my initial call to my appoint, all of my expectations were exceeded. The Front Desk rep was extremely organized and professional. The Nurse, Ann and Dr. Lakhani took their time with me, answered all my questioned and made my IUD removal a painless experience. I would recommend Dr. Lakhani to all women that have any OB/Gyn medical needs.
RID: 2424244
13/09/12 3 1 1 3 I dont like writing bad reviews but after my experience, I would not want anyone to go through this. The initial visit was fine, Dr.Lakhani was nice but I waited for over an hour to see her. I was told that my medical would cover it only to get a $125 bill in the mail (usually my co-pay is $15 at my old Dr.). Dr agreed to discount 50% which was still more than what I usually pay but I happily agreed since I felt that was somewhat fair. I sent the check & after a month I noticed the check was never processed. Got a call saying that the bill may be in collections. Called the office & the staff was very kind but did not know how to handle it since the Dr. was never available. This is still a problem that im still trying to fix for 2 months ongoing now. To make matters worse I called to get a RX called in to my nearby pharmacy & it took 2 days to call it in. Wasted several trips to the pharmacy because they never got the RX. Never experienced that before. I will not go back there.
RID: 1434959
06/05/11 3 4 4 4 I found Dr. Lakhani very thorogh and helpful, HOWEVER, extremely expensive. I went for an annual exam--no tests-not even a pap smear and got a bill for $600.00!! Needless to say, I will be looking for another doctor.  Respond