Dr. Michael Pin

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 19/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Michael Pin has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "VALENCIA" to "Santa Clarita"
RID: 2620736
18/04/13 5 5 5 5 I started going to see Dr. Pin a couple years ago when I breezed in for a skin rash and he wouldn't let me leave because evidently my blood pressure was sky high and he found that at age 53 I hadn't been to a doctor in 6 years, so he signed me up for all the tests necessary and even found I had walking pneumonia. I had my mother's care switched to him. He has the ultimate respect of all the local doctors I've dealt with. On January 3, 2013 I sent my husband in for a check up and to get a colonoscopy referral. Dr. Pin felt something was wrong in the physical examination and sent him for an immediate contrast CT scan where they diagnosed Stage IV Colorectal Cancer which had spread to the lymph nodes and liver. They gave him 4 to 6 months without immediate treatment. My husband's oncologist credited Dr. Pin with saving my husband's life. We shall forever be grateful to this caring doctor for extending my husband's life.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond
RID: 1283844
01/11/10 1 2 1 1 Don't use Dr. Michael Pin at Advanced Medical Care. I use to take my whole family here out of convenience, but will never do it again. I travel about 3 weeks a month and it is already difficult enough to just get my refills from the pharmacy. Dr. Pin put me on an antidepressant and blood pressure medication, which was fine, but because Dr. Pin want's his $20 office visits every month from his clients he will not refill prescriptions unless you make an office visit first. Apparently this is his policy, but there should be acceptions to the rule. When Dr. Pin would not refill my prescriptions, I left for a business trip and then the withdrawal process began. I was extremely dizzy, couldn't drive to my meetings, and was extremely nautious. Dr. Pin knew this would happen in advance and would not even prescribe enough pills to get me through till I returned. I have already alerted my attorney and he can now deal with a Pain & Suffering Lawsuit.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond
RID: 1253504
18/09/10 1 3 2 3 Use the Physicial Assistants if you have a choice. Front Desk assistants are horrible. Have staff take your blood pressure before you deal with the front desk.  Respond
RID: 737001
04/12/08 5 4 5 5 Doctors, Physicians Assistants and Nurses are awesome. Completely agree with above re: front desk staff - RUDE RUDE RUDE, plus totally un-caring. If I could find a better option in the Santa Clarita Valley, I would have stopped going here a long time ago.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
See Responses
RID: 665626
15/08/08 1 5 5 5 He gives extraordinary attention! Husband and I saw him there. I agree with other review. Attention to detail is uncommonly good. His medical staff (nurses and physician assistants are great too). Administrative staff is TERRIBLE though... rude and unwelcoming (so bad we won't be going back there).
Insurance: CIGNA
See Responses
RID: 618874
16/06/08 5 5 5 5 Both my husband and I saw Dr. Pin -- for internal medicine and urgent care -- and both received excellent care. He is a skilled doctor with excellent attention to detail.  See Responses