Dr. Edward J. Legare

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 17/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Edward J. Legare has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 1683358
11/01/12 5 3 1 2 once he knew he was leaving to treat only those who can afford his new exclusive corporate group...he became very indifferent to my issues of pain and mobility... over 2 years of "exercise and work thru the pain"...i'm left with a bad limp , can can no longer work full time..and struggle to remain on my feet desite the pain.
RID: 1634946
15/11/11 2 3 5 5 My husband and I were with Dr. Legare for around 10 years until he decided to charge $1800 a year extra just to see him. We were outraged. He said it was to limit the amount of patients he sees. Why can't a doctor just say no more patients. Why did he have to charge an additional $1800 to what he's already getting paid. ABSOLUTELY UPSETTING.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 1335884
13/01/11 5 5 5 5 You will never find a better doctor anywhere! His compassion and knowledge put you at ease and his wonderful sense of humor is refreshing. I can't say enough good about him.
RID: 1207887
14/07/10 5 5 5 5 The greatest doctor you will ever find. He answers his e-mail, he is really concerned about your health and he knows his stuff! If you have to, beg to have him take you as a patient.
RID: 1135469
24/03/10 4 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Legare (who has me call him Ned...no pretense with this guy) and I've always been happy. He's personable, knowledgeable, thorough, and experienced. His staff can be a bit curt, but that's because they're efficient, no nonsense people.
RID: 989378
17/09/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Legare is truly one of the top in his profession. He is knowledgeable, helpful, and always available to answer questions. I have e-mailed him and received a response within 24 hours (that doesn't happen with other doctors). Everything that was said in the other posts are absolutely true. Dr. Legare should teach a lesson to all doctors on bedside manner.  Respond
RID: 377161
01/08/07 3 5 5 5 Dr. Legare always takes time to ask questions and understand his patients. The difference is he gunuinely cares. He makes sure I understand eveything he's doing as well. Dr. Ned has a great bedside manner and even when there's a problem I always feel comfortable knowing I'm in his hands.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 47495
26/09/06 5 5 5 Doctor Legare saved my life with his knowledge of the medical profession. He has great bedside manner and provides true compassion with ones ailment. I have never waited long for his appearance and is always available for consultations.  Respond
RID: 45689
16/09/06 5 5 5 He is the best doctor on earth. He has a super personality and has the best bedside manner is an extremely caring person and an excellent dr. He's the best there is.
RID: 26472
27/03/06 5 5 5 Dr. Legare is one of the most knowlegeable, caring physicians in Massachusetts. He is sensitive to his patients need on an INDIVIDUAL basis. Dr. Legare is well thought of by his colleagues, patients and administrative staff. His dedication to patients is above and beyond. I know is recognized for his abilities in Town and Country Magazine every year. Unfortunately, so many people want to see him, but his panel is closed at present. I am fortunate that I have been a long term patient of his and I would tell anyone to keep trying to get an appointment with him. You will never be sorry you did. Wonderful doctor and human being.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim