Rate Dr. Gregg K. Satow

Dr. Gregg K. Satow's Ratings

I feel that Dr Satow has no patience with kids. My 3 year old son doesnt like visiting doctors even his pediatrician. Maybe because of painful experience immunization shots? My son is also scared of something new eventhough we will explain it to him. So everytime my son visits his clinic he cries. Dr Satow told us that we need to do something and we need to think about it. The way he said it it feels like I am not a good parent. Now I am looking for another doctor, a doctor who is patient and can understand a 3 year old child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2280388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Husband hand surgery with Dr Satow and it and the follow up were wonderful. Numerous sports injuries with two boys growing up and Dr Satow took great care with them. The personal care and excellent knowledge was excellent. High recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2280387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Dr. Satow's office was my first experience with health care outside of the military healthcare system after 10 years of Active Duty service. Let me just say, I've certainly been spoiled by this experience... the front office staff is pleasant and friendly, and is willing to help you out with any questions you may have. Dr. Satow really takes the time to talk to you and tries to get to the root of the problem - which may or may not require surgery (which is a nice change from the military healthcare complex!) The surgery itself was extremely successful- and compared to the exact surgery I had 2 years prior on my other knee, this one has been 100 times more effective. My recovery time is almost HALF of what it was for the prior surgery - and that can only be attributed to his extensive experience and expertise in orthopedic surgery. My only regret is that I'll be moving to the east coast again soon, and Dr. Satow won't be there!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

Dr. Satow worked with me for 10 years on my arthritis in my right knee. We tried many different pain control approaches including arthroscopy and injections. We both agreed that it would be me who decided when I would opt for total knee replacement. When I finally decided that my life was being overly impacted by pain we went the route of the knee replacement. Dr. Satow really listened to me. I am absolutely happy with my new knee and all the treatment that I received from Dr. Satow and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2013

Just had my second surgery from this talented and compassionate doctor. I am amazed again at how well my recovery has been. If you're looking for an orthopedic doctor who will listen to you; really listen to you; and work with you to achieve the best results than this is the one you want. He and his staff are professional, courteous, compassionate, and capable. I have no hesitation at referring him to anyone. A wonderful experience every time I go to him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

Dr. Satow's staff is friendly, helpful, and caring. I've always felt that they are happy to help rather than watching the clock waiting to leave for the day. The wait time in the office is longer than most people prefer, but it's because he spends very good quality time with each patient. I'd rather wait an extra 20 minutes for the best care possible without the doctor being in a hurry, and Dr. Satow is definitely worth the wait. Dr. Satow is knowledgeable and attentive. Don't waste time going to another doctor--Dr. Satow will fix you correctly the first time! Very good at explaining, comforting, planning a successful recovery, and following up to make sure all is well. I'm 24 years old and feel that Dr. Satow has saved my knee from a lifetime of trouble.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Both my husband and myself have seen Dr. Satow. My husband had major knee surgery (to repair a botched job from another doctor years ago) and I have pain in my hip. We both feel like we are in very good hands. My husband's knee is the best it has been in the 25 years I have known him and Dr. Satow is great at listening to my issues and working through for answers. Dr. Satow's staff is fantastic and he is very knowledgeable. I have many health issues and have to say that he is the most thorough of any doctor I have seen. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Norma, she is also so sweet. She will walk you through any insurance qualms that may arise and let me tell you with insurance today "thank goodness for her". Then there's the star of the show Dr. Satow, he was even kind and understanding with me when I was crying so hard I couldn't even talk because the walker was hurting my shoulders. When my arches were hurting long after they should have, he tried every avenue to find the answer. I have never waited longer than 5 minutes for an appointment, how about that one. They have a great magazine collection and the waiting room is so nice with the flat screen tv and so clean without being hospital like.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

I saw Dr. Satow to find out that I tore my ACL and my meniscus was damaged. He explained what my options are for each knee and let me choose what was best for me. I really liked his surgery explanations (with nice drawing of the surgeries that were going to be performed) that made me understand what will happen, and what to do and not to do to prevent future damage. He mentioned previous cases with their success, references from research papers and studies that made me decide what is best for my case. Regarding ACL surgeries: I've talked to many friends that have had the surgery, and my conclusion matched Dr. Satow's: If you want your ACL to serve you well, protect it during the first 6 weeks by using the crutches, braces and physical therapy. I also like the staff, it surprises me that they remember my name and so they make me feel that they are familiar with my case. Lastly, I really like their online system where you can ask and check for appointments, check and pay bills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr. Satow, explained my condition, gave me options and explained so I could understand, I needed surgery and he explained and took pictures of what he did. I trust Dr. Satow and his whole staff and I know they care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][115974].votes_count ]]