Rate Dr. STEPHEN A. Chagares

Dr. STEPHEN A. Chagares's Ratings

Dr. Chagares has treated my wife, children and me for many years. He is absolutely terrific. We are so fortunate to have a doctor who listens to our complaints and spends the necessary time to diagnose our problems. On several occasions he has met us in the emergency room when we most needed his expertise. He never complains and always has a caring smile on his face. I only wish the other doctors we know cared as much as Dr. Chagares. If you need a surgeon there is no one better or more trustworthy. Simply the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2013

Dr. Chagares misdiagnosed me with an umbilical hernia without feeling my abdomen or ordering any medical tests. He put me under anesthesia in a surgi center before discovering that I actually did not have a hernia. He was pompous, arrogant, and did not listen to a word I said. After going for a CT scan, it was discovered that I had a desmoid tumor and could have died without life saving surgery performed by another amazing surgeon. Run as fast as you can from this man who thinks he knows everything and is more concerned with fancy trips, cars and his tan than he is with your health and safety.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2013

I would HIGHLY reccomend Dr. Chagares to anyone in need of a surgeon. He was professional, kind, informative and put all of my fears of surgery at ease. His staff is just as awesome! He told me exactly what I was to expect and need and he was spot on. A fantastic doctor overall!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Chagares and his staff were awesome in the treatment of my son's hernia repair. I would recommend them to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Had my umbilical hernia fixed, he put me at ease. Was thorough, understood my future needs to exercise, listened and made me feel comfortable before my operation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2013

I had an appointment with him today and from the moment I made the appointment last week I have been a wreck. The staff was super comforting and very sweet when I got to the office and when I met Dr Chagares I knew he was the surgeon for me. He went through every option with me since I am rather young and also asked if I wanted him to report back to my obgyn and my primary, which I thought was great! Turns out I will will needing one surgery and I definitely don't hesitate to say he is my surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

I found this Doctor to be Sharp, communicative and professional. I would rate him a ten out of ten and also reccommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2012

I didn't find this guy a miracle worker as he's depicted by others . I told him my dilemma . He did a CT Scan and told me there was nothing wrong to my and other doctors amaze . He is quite friendly but not in the renowned doctor league . He didn't listen and wasted multiple hours of my personal time . I found him to be inept about my concerns . I was surprised and reading so many positive reviews , for any complicated issues , it would be wise to find a doctor who can handle them .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I love everything about this guy. He's a great surgeon, caring, and made me feel reassured at a time when I was very nervous. He also has an upbeat personality and is a pleasure to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. Chagares is an incredible surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. I was referred to him by another surgeon and could not be happier with his skill, compassion and am very happy to have him as a doctor that will be following me after breast cancer. His surgical skills were incredible, our discussions were thorough and I always left his office feeling great! I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007280].votes_count ]]