Rate Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER

Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER's Ratings

Shoemaker is no good. Just keeps billing after unsuccessful surgery due to his negligence.
Need to be investigated by the Medical Board. Next step. Beware of those who advertise constantly. Totally phony.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583407].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

He did cataract surgery on me. Going in I had 20/25 and afterwards he screwed it up to 20/60. Cost me a lot of money, but Bascom Palmer fixed it. Shoemaker wouldn't give me a penny back for using the wrong prescription. Beware, you only have 1 set of eyes. I wouldn't let him touch my dog.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2563947].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

The entrepreneur did cataract surgery on me 4-14. It was 20/25 prior to surgery and 20/25 afterwards. I caught him in several lies. His personality is horrible. He may do quantity but no quality involved in his work. Second opinion revealed prescription was in correct. He wanted to do Epi lasek and no one in their right mind would let him touch them. He will not refund. Money hungry along with all of the pain and suffering I've been thru.
Widowed besides. Good doctors there but he isn't one of them, I was told.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524380].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Two plus years ago I had cataract surgery performed in Michigan, that surgery did not go well and the lens was not placed in its proper location. Just a year ago Dr. Shoemaker did my other eye in slightly over 5 minutes, and I have incredible vision in it now. At that time he stated he wished to see the other eye when undilated, which he did last April. Then he agreed he would try to relocate the lens to it's proper location within mt eye. I met with him again in November and at that time he reviewed with me my options, the dangers and the possible results. Surgery was less than two weeks ago, it apparently was a success, and my vision is improving without further damage being done to my eye by the mis-aligned lens. I cannot be any happier with Center for Sight and Dr. Shoemaker in particular. My only regret is to not have waited until I returned to Venice to have the initial cataract surgery performed by Dr. Shoemaker!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

I have been very pleased with my eye care at the Center for Sight since my first visit and especially after my cataract surgery by Dr. Shoemaker in 2004. I have been recommending him and the Center ever since. I have continued to receive great care over the years. Sincerely, Judy Lynch

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Dr.Shoemaker answered questions,was polite and pleasant, exhibited professionlism. Dr.Shoemakers expertise was seen and recorded on the video.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

Dr. Shoemaker was recommended to me by three friends. I was also very pleased with the results from my cataract removal. Especially liked the helpful take home materials with medication guide checklists. P.S. his bedside manner couldn't be better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I come from a medical family, and as such I am quite accustomed to medical settings. Your staff, both medical and support are absolutely the best. Each, when asked a question, answers it directly and professionally. And Drs Showmaker and Meztrezat are thorough, competent and above all totally concerned for the patient's wellbeing and best vision possible. Need I say more? That is why I will have Dr. Shoemaker repair a local (Michigan) surgeon's work come next Fall.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr. Shoemaker is one of the Sarasota area's most experienced eye doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I had laser cataract surgery with Center For Sight's Custom Vision. Dr. Shoemaker performed the surgery on one eye - I was reading the 20/20 line 2 days later at my optometrist. Dr. Lahners performed surgery on my second eye and I read the 20/40 line a half hour after surgery. I am grateful for their great care and the amazing results. I wholeheartedly recommend Center For Sight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][280594].votes_count ]]