Rate Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER

Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER's Ratings

The entrepreneur did cataract surgery on me 4-14. It was 20/25 prior to surgery and 20/25 afterwards. I caught him in several lies. His personality is horrible. He may do quantity but no quality involved in his work. Second opinion revealed prescription was in correct. He wanted to do Epi lasek and no one in their right mind would let him touch them. He will not refund. Money hungry crook along with all of the pain and suffering I've been thru.
Widowed besides. Stay away from Center for Sight. Or at least Shoemaker. Good doctors there but he isn't one of them, I was told.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2014 | flag

Two plus years ago I had cataract surgery performed in Michigan, that surgery did not go well and the lens was not placed in its proper location. Just a year ago Dr. Shoemaker did my other eye in slightly over 5 minutes, and I have incredible vision in it now. At that time he stated he wished to see the other eye when undilated, which he did last April. Then he agreed he would try to relocate the lens to it's proper location within mt eye. I met with him again in November and at that time he reviewed with me my options, the dangers and the possible results. Surgery was less than two weeks ago, it apparently was a success, and my vision is improving without further damage being done to my eye by the mis-aligned lens. I cannot be any happier with Center for Sight and Dr. Shoemaker in particular. My only regret is to not have waited until I returned to Venice to have the initial cataract surgery performed by Dr. Shoemaker!

Submitted Jan. 16, 2014 | flag

I have been very pleased with my eye care at the Center for Sight since my first visit and especially after my cataract surgery by Dr. Shoemaker in 2004. I have been recommending him and the Center ever since. I have continued to receive great care over the years. Sincerely, Judy Lynch

Submitted Aug. 22, 2013 | flag

Dr.Shoemaker answered questions,was polite and pleasant, exhibited professionlism. Dr.Shoemakers expertise was seen and recorded on the video.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shoemaker was recommended to me by three friends. I was also very pleased with the results from my cataract removal. Especially liked the helpful take home materials with medication guide checklists. P.S. his bedside manner couldn't be better.

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

I come from a medical family, and as such I am quite accustomed to medical settings. Your staff, both medical and support are absolutely the best. Each, when asked a question, answers it directly and professionally. And Drs Showmaker and Meztrezat are thorough, competent and above all totally concerned for the patient's wellbeing and best vision possible. Need I say more? That is why I will have Dr. Shoemaker repair a local (Michigan) surgeon's work come next Fall.

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shoemaker is one of the Sarasota area's most experienced eye doctors.

Submitted April 5, 2013 | flag

I had laser cataract surgery with Center For Sight's Custom Vision. Dr. Shoemaker performed the surgery on one eye - I was reading the 20/20 line 2 days later at my optometrist. Dr. Lahners performed surgery on my second eye and I read the 20/40 line a half hour after surgery. I am grateful for their great care and the amazing results. I wholeheartedly recommend Center For Sight.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Just great professionals...treated well. Adds to the confidence that the results will be wonderful. Staff sincerity was evident that they wanted to make sure you were comfortable with the procedure throughout the procedure.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr Shoemaker is very professional, does his job very very well, but does not seem to have a bed side personality. It is not necessary, but it is liked.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag