Rate Dr. Amal K. Guha

Dr. Amal K. Guha's Ratings

I had the worst experience with him with my first pregnancy. He never remembered me or listened to my cares or concerns. I would make appointments for the earliest possible at 9am and still wouldn't be seen until at least 11 or later. He would rush me out within 5 minutes if him finally seeing me. He preformed a few procedures that I specifically said no to. Most of his staff were unfriendly and unprofessional. Often when I called, I would be placed on hold for upwards of an hour and a half. One doctor's assistant was awesome though. During labor he didn't go with any of my birth plan's wishes. He preform unnecessary procedures, pitocin, and episomity, against my will. I suffered and still do suffer from complications after over a year from giving birth. I switched medical coverage groups now because I don't want to be stuck with him ever again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Worst doctor I have been to. I go in for my appointment at 9:15 and don't get seen til almost 11:00. Then you try to talk to him and he just keeps looking at his watch. I asked him about my ultrasound he said yes I was getting one he sat the papers with the front desk where she told me I was not getting one that day because they have to send it in to the insurance for an authorization to get it done. Shouldn't they have done that before I came in to see him. I'm ready to look for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Overall I Love Dr Guha and his staff, been with him since 2005 all my pregnancies was with him. I feel like family when I'm there. He got my recommendation to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

Great doctor. He will spend as much time as you need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2011

Dr. Guha is a wonderful doctor, very helpful and professional. I am having my second child with him and I feel very comfortable with him. I do not care for his nurse practitioner, however, who is very rude and doesn't listen to the patients very well--A know-it-all if you will. She is not the doctor as she would like to think, however, and Dr. Guha listens to his patients and is very patient. I never waited longer than 30 minutes to see him, and 30 minutes was on a bad day. Normally, I was in and out within a half an hour. GREAT service, great doctor, good experience overall.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

Nice man, but when I was hospitalized, he almost did a surgical procedure while I was on heavy doses of blood thinners. Thank GOD the anesthesiologist caught it before Guha proceded with the surgery!!! Also noticed on my medical records that he won't claim any fault in making changes to medicine that HE prescribed, and never verified results of a procedure HE did to me prior to my hospitalization. I don't trust him, though he is a very kind and gentle man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Pregnancy care and delivery. Quiet mannered physician who is very respectful of patients. Good Listener. I trust Dr. Guha and recommend his services although I did change to another OB/GYN because of his office staff problems at the time (1988).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2007449].votes_count ]]