Rate Dr. Noel Tenenbaum

Dr. Noel Tenenbaum's Ratings

My Experience with Dr. Noel Scott Tenenbaum and Why I Believe He is Racist
It all began when Dr. Noel S. Tenenbaum inquired about writing a novel with me. He suggested we get meet at a wine bar type of restaurant after work to discuss the details, after I wrote him a long proposal email.
Over the bread portion of the dinner, he brought up the topic of ethnicity, asking what I was. I thought it was odd, and it did take me back; but I told him that I am a mix of Puerto Rican, Chinese, and European. We did not discuss business at all after that and he never pursued the project.
Although, he did not attempt to do business with me, or negotiate the written proposal I sent him, I did decode to choose him to be my doctor for a liposuction procedure. I paid for the surgery, and had schedule to procedure to be done more than a month out.
During that time, my Father’s doctor told him that he needed to have an emergency visit for Colon Cancer. On top of the fact that my whole family was worried and upset, my Father’s Emergency visit was just so happened to be the exact same morning I was scheduled for surgery with Dr. Noel Tenenbaum.
To give as much notice as I possibly could under the circumstances, I called to reschedule. It was 3-4 working days before my surgery. Also, when I was in his office for my consultation I was a two page list of patients who were waiting for surgery. I was sure that at least one person on that list would be happy to have surgery sooner than later. I truly did not want to disrupt his business and was mindful to him.
But, he had his front desk girl call me and uncomfortably tell me that he would keep half my money if I did not show up for surgery the day that was originally scheduled-the same day of my father’s appointment.
Since he has an Asian employee he seemed to be keen on, I could only conclude that he is racist against Spanish people, not only because he and his staff lied to me about sending me my files with the refund that they did not “promptly” refund, but because when he and I were communicating during that period when he wanted to pursue writing a novel with me, he made fun of my close relationship with my mom.
Really, I cannot say that he made an overtly racist remark but there is a feeling that only someone who is a minority can describe as being treated unfairly or biased against. I cannot say that I could imagine him being so hard-nosed with a woman who was more “standard” to North American norms because of the way his front desk girl sounded when she called me to relay what Dr. Noel Tenenbaum had told her about refunding me only half of what I paid, even in the event of an emergency, beyond my control.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

I was apprehensive about getting work done but this doctor because his prices were so reasonable. I had a neck lift, lower face lift and a breast lift. All done at the same time at about half the price that other doctors in the area charged. The results were far beyond my expectations. I look younger than my daughter. Thank you Dr Tenenbaum. I Love You!!!

Submitted June 26, 2014 | flag

This physician replaced my ruptured silicone implants many years ago. I immediately started having problems, including capsular contracters. He performed another surgery in his office which did not correct the problem. Ultimately, another implant ruptured and I returned to Dr. Tenebaum for another consultation since I would require surgery again. Despite being a previous patient, he still charged me $50 for the visit. Not a large amount, but still insulting since I was a prior patient coming to see him for the same problem. After my examination, he explained that he could do my surgery in an hour and I could return to work the next day. Ridiculous! Thank goodness I went to another physician for another opinion. I required a very complicated surgery that took many hours and many weeks of recovery. But the most disappointing and unpleasant surprise was to learn that Dr. Tenebaum during my surgery years ago, unnecessarily REMOVED MY BREAST MUSCLE AND TISSUE. Horrible surgeon.

Submitted June 7, 2014 | flag

My hour and a half long wait on July 10, 2013, for a consultation was squeezed into his personal schedule of vacation planning and his blatantly office tryst with a very young looking Asian woman named Victoria. He (and she) were openly flirting and sharing private jokes DURING MY LONG AWAITED CONSULT. Not to mention, I went to use the unkempt restroom and was disgusted. It had absolutely no toilet paper, not even a spare! The trash receptacle was open and mounting with paper towels that ended up falling over all over the floor. Unsanitary. Didn't even think about pulling out my credit card to pay after his shenanigans. He got caught lying to me and office staff told me as many lies as Dr. Tenenbaum did. Read full story here: http://drnoelstenenbaum.blogspot.com

Submitted Sept. 21, 2013 | flag

I look EXACTLY the same 6 mos later than I did BEFORE my procedure. NEVER use this guy!!!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

Never followed up, nor did his staff. Not impressed and will not use again.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

Staff very rude and always makes the patient feel as though they are bothering them. Non-caring doctor who considers the patients concerns a burden to him. Would not consider referring this doctor to anyone! Run as far as you can if considering to have work done by this doctor. He nor his staff care about the patients!!!

Submitted Nov. 21, 2012 | flag

Dr.Tenenbaum and his staff were awesome. Went to many different plastic surgeons to look to get a breast augmentation. Due to the fact that I wanted to reall trust my physician and know that I will get what Im expecting out of the surgery I really found that in Dr.Tenenbaum. I am so happy with my new set and I wouldn't have done it any other way. Staff really walked me through everything and everyone was so helpful. Thanks Dr.T

Submitted Sept. 16, 2012 | flag

I went to him several years ago to take out and replace old implants with new ones under the muscle and have a lift. I never liked his bedside manor, but a friend had recommended him, so my inner instincts were overshadowed. I found him arrogant and not very patient as far as wanting to explain things. My lift was awful. My breast looked smaller and just as saggy. My large ariolas that were to be made smaller were still the same size. I was very blunt with him regarding how unhappy I was. He said he would redo them for free, probably because I agreed to have an eyelid lift. I am mostly happy with the final outcome, but who want to have to do it twice! I saw his Groupon offer and read other peoples reviews and decided to tell my story. There are so many good plastic surgeons out there. Remember....you get what you pay for. I would never recommend him. I found his staff to be very nice at the time. I would of had a melt down if it hadn't been for their patience and reassurance.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2012 | flag

I had upper eye lift... Minimumal pain. Been one week since surgery and love the results!!! He was calming and has wonderful bedside personality! Would recommend to all of my friends! Thanks doc for my beautiful youthful eyes back

Submitted Aug. 12, 2012 | flag