Dr. HUGH M. DEJARNETTE

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. HUGH M. DEJARNETTE has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "HUGH" to "HUGH M."
RID: 2733240
29/07/13 5 4 5 5 This office is staffed by very competent people that really care. They were my parents Doctors long before they were mine. When I moved into the area I made them my primary physicians. The staff and Doctors are "in it for the right reasons." They do not overbook, but will spend ALL the time as required when seeing you to get you back on track. They are THOROUGH AND BY THE BOOK, so don't go looking for a just a prescription and a pat on the back and out the door you go here. They are very caring and thorough so I thought when I read a previous review that the Doctor was "communicating" thoroughly with him the scenario's and spending an enormous amount of time with them they would be ESTATIC! That individual needs to go to a "doc-in-the-box" if that is not their cup of tea. I do spend longer than expected with them when I go, but I am not charged by the minute, only the procedure. I feel that I am TRULY cared for and I will be better from going EVERY TIME!
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

26/05/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

04/03/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1644089
26/11/11 5 5 1 3 If you want a doctor who is melodramatic, Dr. DeJarnette is your man. I saw his wife two years ago for the flu; this time, since she was unavailable, I was given an appointment with Dr. DeJarnette. Never again! I went in because of reoccuring leg pain that originated during exerise. He spent more than an hour scaring the bejeezus out of me--"we'll need to act on this quickly," "if you experience x, y, and z, go immediately to the emergency room this weekend," etc. Instead of focusing on the most likely causes and examining my leg first, he started fishing for any remote, potential cause and asked me bizarre questions, including if I had ever dated a transvestite. He did not want me to ask questions and brushed them off, including why he thought I had to get a blood test and see a neurologist ASAP or why he prescribed Mobic and Vicodin when Advil handled the pain. When I left, he just handed me a lab order without explaining any of the codes/blood tests, just "get this done today"
Insurance: United Healthcare

RID: 1207869
14/07/10 5 5 3 5 I do feel that this Dr. is very competent, however I feel this physician is less than forthcoming when dealing with the claims. He told my insurance company that I had been rude when dealing with his staff and that I should find another provider. I never had any conversation other than checking in or out with his staff and do not appreciate the fabricated innuendo. I also hope that his office person finds a job which her employer will not put her in the position to "back him up". This all resulted from a claim issue which I had two previous conversations with the Dr. directly. Not his staff. I have never been anything but polite when dealing with this office. I will however find another physician for me and my family as he suggested.
Insurance: United Healthcare