Rate Dr. Lance A. Markbreiter

Dr. Lance A. Markbreiter's Ratings

I fractured my right elbow in June of 2012 and went to Markbrieter. He immobilized it and when I asked if physical therapy was recommended he brushed it off and just said that it would heal naturally. After about one month I noticed that when I tried to throw a ball I was experiencing significant pain in my right shoulder. I returned and questioned him regarding the pain and he flippantly said it was just symptomatic of the elbow fracture and that it would correct itself with time. The pain continued, although less in severity, for the next 2 years, and upon consulting with another ortho I got an MRI. I now find out that there is a significant tear in the rotator cuff that , due to the time since the injury, has little hope of repair, as the tendon in need of repair has retracted into the shoulder, and a probability of arthritis in the future.

Submitted June 30, 2014 | flag

This man made me feel like a customer at McDonalds, not only did he keep facts hidden from me by lying to my face, he messed me up and I had to another ortho surgeon to correct his work, his staff is was not the most friendly, he spent very little time with me in the exam room, he refused to provide me basic care which would have avoided complications from his negligence all in order to save the Insurance company a few dollars. His office was always crowed, I had to wait over an hour for each visit, multiple times, and when he did see me in the exam room, it was too short. I would not let this man near me if he was the last ortho surgeon on Earth

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

Nothing but a prostitute for the insurance company!!!!! I recently sued my former landlord for a broken ankle injury and he was the doctor that the defense hired to represent them. He accused me of having heart problems which I do not have. He lied and said there was nothing wrong with my ankle and I have a metal plate and a screw that were put in because it was broken in 2 places. He didn't even examine me properly by measuring my ankles and comparing the injured ankle to the non-injured one. He also tried to blame my decreased mobility on an old knee injury from 7 years ago that has healed. He called me obese because I exercise regularly in a pool and on an exercise bike and I am solid because I have muscle. He was rude, obnoxious and lied through his teeth for the insurance company. Horrible!!!!

Submitted May 29, 2013 | flag

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

He is not only arrogant but disrespectful and rude. I have never met a more chauvinistic doctor in my life. Thinks he knows it all and will bash your other doctor. Opinionated, dogmatic with his opinions about other doctors, narrow-minded, egotistical, lack of respect for his patients, and will give you a false and fallacious diagnosis despite what the test results show.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2013 | flag

I presented for hammer toe surgery on a single digit and when I woke after surgery, I found pins in 4 of my 5 toes. Subsequent to the surgery, my toes curled again and much worse, 8 years later my foot structure has totally collapsed. I cannot walk comfortably even with multiple attempt at different orthotics. I may have to undergo surgery again. He is the worst and rude to boot!

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

This Dr. claimed to know it all and he maimed my foot for life. Had to have reconstructive surgery after he finished what he thought was a "simple procedure". I would not send a dog to this man.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Markbreiter repaired multiple fractures and torn ligaments in my right foot about ten years ago, when other surgeons didn't want to touch it, except perhaps to amputate. He was very friendly and outgoing, though the front desk was quite the opposite. He did botch the removal of the screws, though, and tried to blame that on me, accusing me of walking without my cast, which I found irksome. He was also very... reserved (I want to say stingy), regarding pain management. I still hurts quite a bit, much of the time, even after all these years, but on the other hand, the foot is still attached to my ankle, so I really can't complain. All in all, I was satisfied with his services.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

This Dr is rude,does not present the truth,I was scheduled for a car accident review I was on pain medication at the time when I asked who he represented,he told me another company name then recorded it all without my consent. Stay away from him or you will regret it,Now thats the Truth

Submitted May 23, 2010 | flag

The Doctor was condescending and brusque. He did not tell me that if he drained my elbow he may have to do it again. The next day, it was back to where I started. I called to speak to the doctor, but I was told he would only pass answers through his secretary. One if them told me he would "probably" tell me that it would not be unusual to have to drain it twice. The other one told me he said that it may require surgery. Both seemed taken aback that I would dare ask a question. Either way, the answer is another billable visit.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2009 | flag