Dr. Tammy Leong

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:N

Profile updated 30/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Tammy Leong has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 2675074
10/06/13 5 5 5 5 I don't know what I would do without Dr. Leong due to my multiple health issues. She is so caring, a fantastic diagnostician, and a nice lady to boot!
RID: 2423146
12/09/12 3 3 5 5 Lovely, caring, comforting doctor! She acts as if you are the only patient in the world when you are there and spends as much time as you need to answer questions. I actually look forward to going to the doctor!  Respond
RID: 1097177
03/02/10 2 2 5 5 Wonderful,caring Dr. Spends alot of time examining and answering questions. She has moved to a new office, hopefully this will improve staff problems.
RID: 959910
11/08/09 1 1 5 5 Dr. Leon is an incredible diagnostician. She is always able to figure out what is going on. She will spend time with you and cares about what you are dealing with. I, like everyone else here, agree that her staff is the absolute worst I have ever experienced. They have changed some of the staff, but it has not improved anything. Their phone system is the worst and no one wants to help you if and when they call you back.
RID: 871892
27/04/09 1 1 1 2 I did not like the staff they were rude. I tried to get my lab results and the nurse would not return my call after 4 tries. I tried to call the oncall MD but did not get a return call. If my labs were not to be known to me why should I pay for them. The Nurse was noy helpfull at all and rude. I had to use the bathroom and went by her deck and she was reading a magazine, not in assisting the patients. I dont like this kind of treatment but what can you do?
Insurance: Humana
RID: 719466
11/11/08 2 3 2 2 I went to see Dr. Leong with severe chest pain when swallowing. She asked me what I thought was going on. That is the reason I went to see her...if I knew what was going on I would not be there. She talked down to me and missed what could have been serious. After seeing one of the other Dr's in her practice, the referred me to a GI doctor who found out I had ulcers in my esophagus!! Thank goodness for the other doctor. I was not very impressed with Dr. Leong/
RID: 693374
30/09/08 1 2 5 5 Dr Leong is a good doctor. I have been going to her for a number of year. The office staff is not good. You just have to overlook the office staff to get to the doctor.
RID: 614717
16/06/08 1 4 5 5 Dr. Leong is wonderful. I have used her for several years now; however, as many have stated previously, the office staff is the worst I have ever experienced. Not only are they unorganized, they talk about patients in front of other patients. In addition, they would not let me talk to the doctor or nurse one day when I was having fluttering in my chest. The person who answered the phone was extremely rude and told me to go to the emergency room, which was unnecessary. Very unprofessional on more than one level. I would hate to see their practice suffer because of the staff, but it poorly reflects on each experience I have had there. If Dr. Leong wasn't so great, there is NO WAY that I would return.  Respond
RID: 429193
15/10/07 2 5 5 5 Very fine physician with a comforting bedside manner and excellent communication skills. No trace of arrogance. Office in a fine hospital. Unfortunately, a rather weak office staff. Unresponsive to calls; get messages confused, etc.
RID: 418972
26/09/07 4 5 5 5 Terrific Internits...up to date on drugs..My first visit and I very impressed
RID: 268875
09/04/07 1 4 5 I was in a room immediately but she was too busy making jokes in the hall resulting in a 2 hour visit overall. Dr. is good but the office staff is the worst I have ever seen. It took 3 weeks for them to refile my visit-they initially filed it as my name and husband's info and then refused to answer my calls on the bill. The office manager refuses calls and answering voicemail and medical records also did not respond to a phone message or sending records after a release had been signed. Good luck if you go, again, good dr. but if there are ?'s ask then because you will not get messages answered quickly, if at all.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 267448
09/04/07 2 5 5 Dr. Leong is one of the most skilled I have ever seen. The practice has become extremely busy, resulting in routine waits of over an hour.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 266946
08/04/07 4 5 5 Dr Leong is a very very good Doctor. The office help is lacking.  Respond
RID: 26234
24/03/06 4 5 5 SHE IS A VERY CAREING AND HELPFUL DOCTOR AND SHE WILL TRY TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY, VERY EASY TO TALK TOO.  Respond