Rate Dr. Robert H. Gerner

Dr. Robert H. Gerner's Ratings

Dr Gerner misdiagnosed me for 10 years. Has had me on drugs I never needed and kept me in a medically compliant fogged state. He has been sued and needs his medical license taken away before he hurts anyone else . I am thinking about sueing him, boy will he be surprised. Just wait and see Dr Gerner!

Submitted April 18, 2014 | flag

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

I urge you to NOT see this doctor. I saw him for a long time, and while he changed my meds often, making me think he was always ready to "help" me, he was just throwing things at me to see what would happen, using me as a guinea pig at best, and at worst I sometimes think he was passive-agressively trying to see how much emotional torture I would take from him. He is quiet appears to listen but he doesn't give any feedback ever or explain anything at all or tell you your diagnosis or explain your diagnosis or what exactly he is treating you for, which is why I think that he would do something passive-aggresively. One thing he did is prescribe Depakote for me, left me on it for several years, never mentioned that it had the side effect of weight gain. I'm not sure what it was supposed to treat. I chose to go off it and lost 65 lbs. eating the same way I always had. He never mentioned that my weight problem MIGHT be due to medication. PLEASE SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Gerner in over the five years he has treated me has proven to be reliable, knowledgeable and compassionate. His assistant Sandy always gives me a reminder call the day before my appointmnent.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2012 | flag

dr. robert gerner is the most educated practioner in his field. He helped me after 12 docs and 15 years of searching

Submitted Sept. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gerner has changed my life for the better, 100%. I have dealt with depression my entire life and after being treated by Dr. Gerner I started functioning and can even say I feel good most of the time. He has always returned phone calls even after hours. He is a decent, compassionate man, thank goodness for Dr. Gerner.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

I have been in and out of shrinks offices for over 20 years and Dr. Gerner is the best there is. I can't tell you how much I have treated like a guinea pig over the years and really never felt "ok" even after being on medications. He is is bit odd but that is why I like him. He extremely intuitive and knowledgeable in hsi field. I just wanted someone to get it irght the first time and he did. I was sick and tired of having someone give me medication that didn't work or had horrible side effects. I also wanted someone who respected my belief in holistic treatment as well. Gerner is the best. He gave me low dose of some different meds and my brain chemistry is finally ok. He also is having me take some vitamins which are in accordance with my beliefs and help as well. Don't let the fact that he is a bit stiff shy you away. He does care and knows his stuff. I have never experienced any cockiness or arrogance with him at all. He is great!

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gerner knows his stuff and yes, like the others here, I find him odd and somewhat off-putting. One time he was playing with his computer the entire time I was telling him about a suicidal episode I had just had! He was kind enough to not charge me for the visit, but WOW. Nevertheless, the medications he put me on and the advice he gave me definitely saved my life and I would recommend him to others not for sympathy or a good listener, but a psych that knows his meds and wants to help.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr. Gerner saved my life after another pdoc misdiagnosed me and had me on so many different/wrong meds, I wound up in the hospital. Gerner has continued to be available, and while his manner may come off as stiff or not warm and his desk may be piled high with paperwork (so is my excellent OB/GYN's), but his approach is calm, his knowledge is deep and broad and his concern for me during my time of greatest need was exactly right. I and my family are forever grateful that we found Dr. Gerner.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Gerner is a very dangerous doctor. He does not test for kidney failure while on litium. He can potentially do serious damage to someone's vital organs. Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED!!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2007 | flag