You may also like

Rate Dr. Janna L. Massar

Dr. Janna L. Massar's Ratings

I have been a patien to Dr. Massar for about three years and have always had the most wonderful interaction and care from her! She is kind, patient and very efficent when I had a problem with giving me good advice in a timely manner. I wish more phyicians had her deceny and respecablity when it comes to treating patients with problems and complaints!

If you are in need of a wonderful doctor that will take the time to treat you well and listent to your medical qualms, please seek out her services for she will not disapoint you by any means!

Sincerely yours,

JM
Plano resident

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Massar seems knowledgeable and I like that she emphasizes good nutrition, exercise, and restful sleep as an important part of health which is why I have been a patient of hers for 4-6 years despite the fact that she can be dismissive about what you are actually telling her and I have left her office many times feeling I was being misdiagnosed. If you schedule your appointment for any time other than the very first available time in the morning--you WILL, without a doubt, be waiting for a minimum of 30-45 minutes past your appointment time before you even get called in from the waiting room. I have even tried to deal with this as it is understandable that some patients require more time and a doctor can get behind, but recently I waited for an hour and 15 minutes past my appointment time before being placed in the room where I waited another 15-20 minutes to see Dr. Massar, who quickly spent a rushed 5-7 minutes with me (in which I felt my complaints were invalidated and her haughty response offended me) before she tried to herd me toward the door. When I told her that I wanted to ask her about 1 other thing and needed a refill on my medications (which I had informed the staff of when they asked me the reason for scheduling the appointment) she told me she didn't have time and that I would need to schedule another appointment on a different day! I was so appalled that I had waited so long past my scheduled appointment time, received 5-7 minutes of her time, and then told I would need to schedule another appointment for one of the reasons I came in for that day!? No one should receive treatment like that from a healthcare provider for any reason, period--I don't care how busy they are. Not to mention I should not be required to have to reschedule and then pay for 2 office visits. Dr. Massar, while maybe knowledgeable to a degree, has forgotten about caring for patients as people and I am sad to say I would not recommend her as an internal medicine physician.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2533088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Janna Massar generally seems knowledgeable and has a pretty good staff assisting her. However, she can be condescending and dismissive. Unfortunately, I hve decided to take my business elsewhere. I should not be afraid to go to a doctor to be lectured and have my symptoms and feelings dismissed. Very poor bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Mis-diagnosed spouse's condition multiple times. Office staff doesn't return calls in a timely manner. We've had to leave 6 calls over a 2 day period to get the nurse to respond. After hours doctor for office was rude, obviously put out.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

dr Janna is the absolute best. She saved my husbands life when he had some crazy flesh eating thing on leg. She also disgonsed a stomach issue. She takes her time with us and we love her. Been to too many bad drs. So what if I have to wait 30 minutes. I bring agood book, but I know we are all getting the best care in my family. I will continue to go to Janna massar. Can't believe the previous reviews. Wow.......

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

She is an average doctor. I don't know if she always diagnoses properly and at times prescribes the wrong medicine. I do like the fact that she is into vitamins and nutrition however. She is very nice and does go over a lot of symptoms. If you need just your basic internist with no speciality, she is okay. I think she does her best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

This doctor and staff have treated me very well. I was very lost after a head injury and multiple problems that were incorrectly diagnosed or just not treated by other places. Head injury patients get shuffled around the system in a very poor fashion because when your brain doesn't work you cannot figure out what to do . I have been through many things after my injury and do not believe I would be alive today without the help of this doctor and her staff. One thing that I think I have noticed is that she expects you to try and improve and take care of your health better and if you are trying more it seems she will focus more energy into helping you improve all aspects of your health. She also previously fixed a stomach issue thateluded one of the major hospitals and a doctor rated as best in Dallas by Observer Magazine. Excellent doctor the only catch is that I think she puts more effort into the patients that put more work into themselves, expect to be serious about your health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2013

she did not diagnose the problem even after i thoroughly explained to her what was going on. I told her about a condition that i have and all she said was to take vitamins; which i know wouldnt help. she blew off my concerns and made me feel like an idiot. she is the opposite of helpful, all she did was waste my time. shes a joke. not a real doctor, please dont waste your time like i did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

My office visit was fast. Th doctor went briefly went over my bloodwork with me. The exam part of my visit was about 2 minutes (if even). They do not make you put on a hospital gown. Checked my heart/lungs, looked at my throat and ears and that was it. I do not think the doctor is very thorough. I am in my 50's and I think I need a better exam than this.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][284985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2013

She was able to pinpoint the causes of undiagnosedissues on my first visit. Amazing and super intelligent MD. She's the absolute best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][284984].votes_count ]]