Rate Dr. James D. Mccallum

Dr. James D. Mccallum's Ratings

I had symptoms of low T and test results to back treatment, as approved by insurance & administered by my PCM. I wanted a simple review of the dosage amount and frequency, so I was referred to Dr. McCallum. REGRET IT HORRIBLY - WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. Rude and arrogant bedside manner, disrespected my wife and her knowledge/questions & commented "nurses don't know anything". Because only 1 of the 2 T levels was low (free vs total), he recommended quitting treatment cold turkey with no regard to symptoms/improvements after 18 months of feeling horrible & creating a living nightmare for my family. He was more concerned that I am a smoker; when I told him I do not drink alcohol, he asked "why not, did you have a problem and have to quit?". He swayed my supportive PCM to immediately cease treatment. When I expressed it was not the right timing this month with holidays & a workload of significant financial benefit to my family they completely disregarded my request to delay any changes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][732960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2013

Dr McCallum is very competent and caring. He is the best doctor for diabetes whom I have had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][732959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2011

Dr. McCallum is very knowledgeable, has an excellent memory and is the first endocrinologist that I feel comfortable with. At every appt I am listened to, my questions are answered and I walk away feeling well taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][732958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

After seeing 2 other endos, I finally found someone that I will continue to see. Knowledgeable, answered all my questions, caring, spent a lot of time on patient education and what my treatment options were. Very friendly and encouraging doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][732957].votes_count ]]