Dr. Glenna R. Andersen

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Glenna R. Andersen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: dr kathy wolf?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Glenna" to "Glenna R."
RID: 1478495
03/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Glenna Andersen and her associate Dr. Darya Maanavi are the two best doctors that I have ever used in my 55 years of going to OB/GYN doctors. They have four major qualities that set them apart: exceptional knowledge, great skills, a deep caring for their patients, and they are very conscientious and dependable. They are very empathetic to their patients, understanding what the patient is going through since they each have two children. These are probably the reasons that they have been rated tops in the entire DC area by other doctors, as reported in the Washingtonian magazine, which publishes a survey on best doctors every two years.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 1477383
01/07/11 3 5 5 5 My wife switched to this practice at 7mo. so that she could deliver @ INOVA Fairfax. They were happy to accept her. The bonus was my wife preferred an all-female staff. We really liked every doctor we met at this practice. Dr. Andersen particularly was stellar. Her knowledge, experience, and bedside manner raises the bar on what it means to be a good physician. She was by far my wife's favorite doctor. She delivered our son, and her presence gave my (quite scared and nervous) wife the extra confidence boost she needed. Delivery went very smoothly. I'm extremely happy that we found her practice, and would recommend it to all the women I know, without hesitation.
RID: 1381688
08/03/11 3 1 3 5 This is a very large, very busy practice. If you want any type of personla relationship with your doctor do not go here. They want you to see every Dr and NP before you deliver, so it isn't until your 7th month or later that you see the same face twice. The wait in the waiting room is always so long too. Not at all the experience I was hoping for. Whe I lost my son at 22wks and went for my postpartum checkup, the nurse asked me if I was nursing. Very hurtful and obviously too busy to bother looking at my chart.
RID: 1272601
15/10/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson is truly an amzing doctor she deliverd my daughter two weeks ago via c-section and did a wonderful job. She is so warm and friendly, funny as well. Made me feel comfortable throughout my pregnancy
RID: 1174318
21/05/10 1 1 1 1 They push you to C-Section. They are very busy and especially Andersen comes very late to the appointed time and shows as if she has handled a 100 patients that day. None of these doctors spend time with the patients. Office Staff is very rude. I do not recommend these doctors to any pregnant women.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 955260
05/08/09 2 3 5 5 I'm 29 weeks pregnant and have been going to this practice since the beginning. So far so good, although they do seem very rushed. I like the doctors I've seen so far (have yet to see Dr. Andersen). However, the staff can definitely be rude. Linda is the worst - she answers the medical line and is so unfriendly and unhelpful it's ridiculous. She gives one word answers, acts testy the whole time, and doesn't seem very knowledgable. I've called three times (I have had a complicated pregnancy so far), and each time she acted like I was burdening her by calling.  Respond
RID: 831589
16/03/09 5 5 4 5 She is good and knowledgeable. She is the reason why I chose to move to their group compared to my previous OB group. I have noticed that she got a very good rating here. First time I met her though, I was a bit disappointed. She is a bit rough when she did the IE. But well, she answered our questions and really took time to listen. I would still recommend her... ;-)
RID: 793403
18/02/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Andersen is very experienced and knowledgeable, as well as compassionate. It was due to this that my daughter was delivered healthy, despite being sideways when ready to be delivered. She took over and gave orders to hospital staff and immediately what needed to be done was done to ensure a good delivery. She is fantastic.  Respond
RID: 774076
27/01/09 4 5 5 5 Dr.Anderson is the essence of the group practice. She is the best doctor I have met so far,really caring and very very practical and professional. Her compassion is what makes her so radiant. And yes, I just loved when she hugged me making me feel as if all my worries had been taken care of. Others in the group especially Yoon and the newcomer from GW( I forget the docs name) are also very good. I did not like Dr.Maanavi , thought she was very hurried and lacks ability to communicate with the patient. Another person worth mentioning is Shauntae, the office staff who is a cut above the rest. She always does an awesome job. On the whole, I would definitely recommend the practice to anybody looking for an OBGY doc.
RID: 711982
28/10/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Andersen visited me at the hospital after one of the doctors at her group delivered my baby. She seemed very professional, caring and friendly. I like her a lot.
RID: 661847
11/08/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Andersen is the bomb.....just to keep it short. Dr. Andersen took over my pregnancy in my 26th week....I am so happy I made a switch to her practice. She's awesome.
RID: 574643
23/04/08 2 2 4 4 There are 6 doctors that you see and I've found all of them to be fine. Dr. Andersen herself I found to be wonderful. She was very friendly and seemed to really care. Others in her practice seem a little less personal and hurried. The front office staff could use some serious improvement, especially one individual who has been rude to me on numerous occasions. Honestly, she (I believe her name to be Linda) has no customer service skills and each interaction makes me want to warn others away from this practice.
RID: 512682
13/02/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Andersen helped me through a tragic pregnancy loss at 20 weeks gestation. She was extremely compassionate and knowledgeable (calling after hours and on weekends at home to check on me, etc.) Happily, she went on to deliver a healthy baby girl for me. She is the epitome of professionalism and compassion - one of a kind.
RID: 460636
09/12/07 5 4 5 5 I loved her. She emanates a feeling of competence and intelligence. She was my favorite doctor in Northern VA. I was lucky enough to have her deliver my baby.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 341864
09/06/07 4 5 5 Love Dr Andersen as well as other Drs at this practice. They are all kind and make you feel very comfortable. Definitely recommend it!  Respond
RID: 147889
19/02/07 4 5 5 I have seen Dr. Andersen for many years. She is compassionate, articulate, very knowledgeable and professional. I have moved to North Carolina and miss her and her women's practice very much!
RID: 68111
11/12/06 4 5 5 Dr. Andersen has been exceptionally approachable. I usually see her only once a year for my annual exam but she always remembers my issues/concerns. She's a great doctor.
RID: 55068
07/11/06 3 5 5 My husband and I love Doctor Andersen. She helped me through three months of hospital bedrest and a scary time with preterm labor. She was always a breath of fresh air when she came into the room and spent extra time talking about our families, vacations, etc. She was the only one in her practice who believed our baby would make it to full term and she was right!
RID: 39699
07/08/06 5 5 5 Dr. Andersen is great. She's friendly and warm and takes time to ensure that she has answered all of your questions. She is reassuring, funny, and makes you feel like you are in good hands.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 34763
06/07/06 4 5 5 Dr. Andersen is an incredibly sincere and competent doctor. She never rushes appointments, always taking time to listen and respond to every question/issue. In good times and bad she's always there with sound medical advice and open arms, you will not find a more compassionate doctor than Dr. Andersen!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 29109
28/04/06 4 5 5 I couldn't have asked for a better team and Dr. Anderson most of all was wonderful. She takes the time to really listen and get to know you which in my experince has become a rare thing. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Anderson or the others in the practice.
RID: 12821
26/09/05 4 5 5 Very personable and caring.. She is one of the only Dr's that did not make me feel like a number  Respond
RID: 11665
01/09/05 5 5 5 She is a great Doctor, knowledgealble, and helpful. She delivered our baby last week.  Respond
RID: 2234
19/10/04 5 5 5 Dr. Anderson and staff were wonderful at a very low point in our lives. Our daughter was stillborn at 35 weeks. Dr. Anderson was sympathetic and consoling, while still taking care of what needed to be done. She was willing to share her own experiences, which helped us know that she did understand what we were going through.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user