Dr. Karen A. Hutchinson

Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Unknown

Profile updated 12/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Karen A. Hutchinson has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

18/12/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

12/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "San Diego" to "Chula Vista"
RID: 2642337
07/05/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Hutchinson was the best PCM that I have ever had, she always made time to see me and to listen to what I had to say. Thru thick and thin I could count on her to be there for me. I miss her and will follow her when I find out where she went....Marilyn
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2635499
29/04/13 5 3 5 5 I loved her!! I'm so sad to see her go. Does anyone know where she went?? She is the best Dr. I've ever had.
RID: 2618244
16/04/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Hutchinson is the best doctor I have ever had. She was my PCP in Chula Vista, and when I found she was in the Point Loma office I followed her there. I didn't mind that she was behind schedule because when it was my turn, she was so caring and took the time to really find out what my health concerens were about. She is no longer at the Point Loma office. When I find out where her new practice is, I will try to switch to that office.
RID: 2617979
15/04/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Hutchinson is a great doctor! She is indeed very caring, knowledgeable and patient. True, she runs behind schedule but this is because she dedicates more time to her patients. I never once complained. I'm sad that she is no longer with Sharp Point Loma.
RID: 2544656
29/01/13 5 2 5 5 Dr. Hutchinson is the most amazing doctor I have ever met! She really LISTENS. She is compassionate and truly a human being (not something I can usually say about doctors, in general). However, her clinic, Sharp Rees Stealy only gives her 15 to 20 minutes for each patient. Because she takes her time with her patients, she frequently runs late. This has created a lot of friction between her and administration. The patients who know her take this into consideration and schedule their appointments accordingly (first appointment in the morning or last one at night). Some patients get angry with her lack of time management. The staff at the front desk are the most wonderful people, too. When Dr. H is running late, they call to advise patients and offer other arrangements (delay their arrival, make another appointment, etc.). The front desk staff (Michael and Valerie) try to make the wait less stressful by offering to get the patients drinks and sandwiches. I never mind waiting there!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2543803
28/01/13 5 5 5 5 A fabulous doctor! Compassionate person and an excellent physician.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1571867
26/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hutchinson is by far THE BEST doctor of any kind I have EVER had. I am a 52 year old female, have four children and plenty of experience with healthcare professionals. She is very personable, knowledgeable, professional and genuinely caring. I hope I never have to change Primary Care Physicians ever again. Highly recommend to anyone and everyone, and she also sees patients in the Rosecrans area of San Diego.  Respond
RID: 1537775
14/09/11 5 5 5 5 DR HUTCHINSON IS A GREAT DOCTOR! VERY GENTLE AND TO THE POINT! UNFORTUNATLEY I MOVED TO ARIZONA, BUT AS SOON AS I MOVE BACK TO SAN DIEGO, I AM GOING TO SEE HER.