Dr. DAVID G. LEVINSOHN

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. DAVID G. LEVINSOHN has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5472431
12/05/14 2 3 2 5 My initial complaint regarding this doctor was his staff. I had to pursue a scheduling date for a procedure, because they never called. I also had to follow up on receiving my procedure packet, because if I hadn't I wouldn't have received it. When I did talk to staff, they would say it was in the mail, and of course it wasn't. Then when I went to my Pre-Op appointment for a Scoping procedure, the doctor said all the things that he should have said when I initially saw him 1 1/2 months earlier. Totally changed his tune about this procedure, and said I should have an MRI instead and a 2nd opinion. I am not disputing what the doctor said, but when he said it. So, obviously the first time I saw the doctor, he never paid attention to a thing I said about my knee. Now the Anesthesiologist Dept keeps leaving messages for my procedure, which is not even going to happen! Everything has been disorganized, and everyone has dropped the ball, in Dr. Levinsohn's office, including the doctor.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 5171955
10/02/14 5 4 5 5 Dr Levinsohn in my opinion is the best orthopedic surgeon, with a wonderful bedside manner. He is concerned about the wait time for some appointments and so is his staff. What patients have to realize is that Dr Levinsohn has many emergent appointments, fractures, sprains, etc. When a person is “Fit” in for an appointment they need an explanation that appointments were booked before them and the patient that was “Fit” in may need to wait even though they arrived before the scheduled patient. His office staff realizes this and are working diligently to communicate this to patients. I will return to Dr Levinsohn for my other knee replacement and again highly recommend him.  Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "DAVID" to "DAVID G."
RID: 2527666
10/01/13 3 1 3 4 I have seen Dr. Levinsohn over the years for various hip and shoulder injuries. There are difficulties making appointments, long waits in the front and back offices, patients double-, triple- or quadruple booked. Dr. Levinsohn is nice and knowledgable, but his favorite response over the years is always, "Learn to live with it." This after many tests and visits to his office for the same ailment. His usual reason is the treatment is worse than the cure or my age (57). My age doesn't change over the course of diagnostics, so I'm usually left wondering why I went through all the diagnostics in the first place.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1474894
28/06/11 5 5 5 5 Everyone is super at Dr. Levinsohn's office, helpful, kind and knowledgeable. I really look forward to interacting with the ladies.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1388918
16/03/11 5 5 5 5 VERY! good experience. I felt well cared for by Dr. Levinsohn & his staff. Personalized treatment that made me feel they honestly cared about what I was going through. If you are looking for a knowledgeable doctor who treats you with respect & is funny on top of that...Dr. Levinsohn should be your choice :-)
Insurance: Pacificare