Rate Dr. Ebele C. Chira

Dr. Ebele C. Chira's Ratings

Dr. Chira and his staff and very nice, polite, and have great bed side manners. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism after 2 sets of blood test, a thyroid uptake and scan, and a sonogram. I feel very confident in his expertise in the endocrinology field. He's also treating me for hypoglycemia. I'm very, very happy with my decision (and my PCP's recommendation) in seeing Dr. Chira.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2581660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Doctor is not current on all medically necessary lab tests used to treat thyroid disease (Free T3, Free T4. Reverse T3, thyroid antibodies). He bases treatment on TSH and Total T4 only. Refuses to prescribe a natural dissected thyroid as requested to treat thyroid disease and insists on prescribing synthetics only. Is not knowledgeable about the appropriate tests for diagnosing adrenal fatigue or adrenal insufficiency. Dr. Chira ordered the highly unreliable serum Cortisol when he should have ordered the saliva Cortisol. Despite numerous symptoms related to hypothyroidism such as extreme fatigue, inability to gain weight, and possible adrenal problems causing low blood pressure and high heart rate, etc. doctor will not address properly. He has also not palpated my neck since I had RAI to ablate my thyroid last year. No further testing such as ultrasound of the neck to see if thyroid is completely dead or if thyroid still has some functioning tissue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2285912].votes_count ]]