Rate Dr. Dorene E. Dempster

Dr. Dorene E. Dempster's Ratings

Dr. Dempster saw my eighteen-year-old daughter, still in high school, in the ER. My daughter had an ovarian cyst that had torqued and was causing pain. It eventually flipped back and she was no longer in pain. Dr. Dempster still insisted on surgery and stood between me and my child and told her not to listen to me when I asked questions. When I advised her that we planned to leave the hospital and would be seeing my own usual GYN, she INSTANTLY changed her mind and said that the surgery was not needed, and told my daughter to go home and follow up in two weeks. My daughter was immediately seen by my physician, who did not perform surgery, and said that my daughter would likely have lost her ovary in the process, unnecessarily. Further, young women who produce cysts tend to produce more, and leaving her with only one ovary would have not only resulted in a surgery that did not need to happen, but also potentially threaten her fertility. Dr. Dempster is rude, cavalier, and incompetent.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag