Rate Dr. Robert S. La Mantia

Dr. Robert S. La Mantia's Ratings

Time to retire. It's obvious he doesn't enjoy his work anymore - not sure he ever did. Just wondering why he has to be so mean and condescending to patients? Was he ignored as a child? I am told he's "the best." At what? Reading charts and numbers? He's Dr. Robot and he's mean.

Submitted May 8, 2014 | flag

I have been under Dr. LaMantia's care for several years after a serendipitous discovery of a condition. He followed up on this, recommended appropriate ongoing testing and after I developed symptoms related to another organ, recommended genetic testing for MEN1, which turned out to be positive. He has monitored my condition continously and has always been friendly, caring and conscientious. After a recent CT scan he ordered as part of the monitoring of MEN1, he immediately called to inform me of the results so that I could get treatment ASAP. The staff has always been polite and helpful. My appointment times have been honored and I have had little waiting.

Submitted April 8, 2014 | flag

Horrible, arrogant man. May have been knowledgable once but has not kept up with anything current. Very nasty. I did not trust him.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2013 | flag

very knowledgable about diabetes and thyroid disease. Has a no nonsense style. very professional. Takes a while to get an apt as a new. Small office with limited parking.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2013 | flag

He left me alone in the appointment room for quite a while. He was extremely argumentative and became angry very easily. I was trying to explain my situation and he just contradicted everything I was saying before I could finish. He was unfriendly during our appointment. He was late a few times to my appointments. His office was quiet. He made incorrect diagnosis of symptoms having nothing to do with his area of specialty & informing other doctors of this. Never was able to discuss my numbers or further treatment options, what he says is what you will do. Put me on incorrect, high dosing of medication that I ended up having an allergic reaction to. Didn't believe what I was telling him as far as symptoms had anything to do with my ailment, though confirmed with other endocrinologist, ENT, primary & other patients with my condition that they definitely are symptoms of my ailment. Now with new doctor & medication adjustment doing much better.

Submitted May 20, 2013 | flag

They put me on meds to treat Graves & after a few mo of it, started a downward spiral of the same symptoms when 1st diagnosed. Was adv, "Couldn't be the Graves" adv to make an appt with my primary, & still ordered a blood test. After I was left a msg to call them & spoke with the receptionist who adv my levels were slipping again (so it WAS the Graves) & to up my meds. Asked they send a script to my pharm as I needed the extra pills & to talk to someone because of other symptoms. Pharm never received the script & I never received a call back so I called again 2 days later. They advised they would send the script & call back, called insurance for advice as, again no script or call back, so I called their anssvc after hours to see if I could get a nurse, 3 call backs to anssvc & I told them to forget it. Doc calls at 11pm & asks who I am & why listening to other people (BC they don't CB & I'm SICK), thinks it isn't graves, stop meds & make an appt tomorrow. I'm fed up w/them!

Submitted March 28, 2013 | flag

Answered all my questions and concerns. Very helpful and encouraging. Just wants the best for his patients.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

Love Dr. Lamantia: DO you want a friend or a Doctor? I am diabetic and you cant find a more knowledgeable Endo than him. You are not going to him for sympathy you are seeing him for his exptertise. It is very difficult to get an appointment with him so obviously he has a lot more patients that like him than what is posted here. His physician assistants are also wonderful. As for his office do you really want to pay for a new one? A lot of Doctors dont want you showing up an hour ahead of time as they dont have enough room in the waiting room. He always mentions weight if your diabetic because that is half the problem. FOOD. Take his advice that is what you pay him for.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

I have been to this doctor twice.I was taken aback by his cold and rude behavior when I had the initial encounter with him. He kept me waiting for about 30 minutes while he ate his lunch and was less than forthcoming with any info whatsoever about what he called "your condition". When he gave me options on how to treat "your condition" I could get no help from him. Very short statements and very cold. I thought I was being a little sensitive, so I kept the follow up appointment. While he was a little better, he still leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn't give enough information and no bedside manner whatsoever. His nurse is also very cold.I'm looking for a different doctor.

Submitted April 8, 2011 | flag

Lamantia is very rude and his staff are almost as bad. There are written commands everywhere warning you to not arrive too early and that you better not mess with their procedures. Lamantia is very upset that he is not making more money and that colors all of his interactions. I need to go to him, but I loathe every second of the appointment.

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag