Dr. James E. Boggan

Grad. Year: 1976

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 19/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. James E. Boggan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 1174342
21/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Boggan and PHN Bridgette Wilson at the Nuerology Dept. at UCD are the ultimate Top Notch Doctors in this field. My son Sire had surgery at the UCD Hospital on April 30,2010 and I had absolute trust and faith in the doctors capabilities and knowledge of this condition. My son was diagnosed with cranium cytosis and I caught the abnormal feeling of a "Seamtype" feeling on the top of his head at two days old, it was later diagnosed as this defect. I knew after the first meeting with these two indiduals that my son was in the very absilute best hands possible to have this surgery done. Thank you and our nurse Jaquelyn Arata was the best to.Thank you again From Hattie Gensaw and Henry Gensaw I
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1171581
18/05/10 5 5 5 5 WOW..DR.BOGGAN HAS TREATED MY BROTHER FOR OVER 10 YRS..HE IS EXCELLANT..ALTHOUGH HIS CONDITION WAS LIKE NO OTHER DR.BOGGAN TOOK HIS CASE AND DID SEVERAL VP SHUNT REVISION..HE LOVE DR.BOGGAN AND SO DID WE. THANK YOU DR BOGGAN FOR ALL YOUR SERVICES..IF WE NEEDED A MD LIKE HIM WE WOULD SEE HIM AGAIN THANKS
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 605660
03/06/08 3 3 5 5 As everyone else is, my family and I were terrified when I was diagnosed with a brain tumor by another doctor. Deciding to get a second opinion sesveral people mentioned Dr. Boggan. It was difficult and quite frustrating to get the first appointment but once we met Dr. Boggan we knew I was in good hands. He took time to make sure our quesitons were answered and that we understood my condition and the possible outcomes. We felt completely comfortable that he was knowledgeable and well experienced in the procedure. The minute I woke after surgery I knew I'd chosen the right doctor. Immediately after my surgery he met with my family and fully explained everything to them so they too felt comfortable. His presence is very calming but he is very busy and not as available as I would like.I will gladly trade that for his knowledge and skill.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 603331
02/06/08 1 2 1 2 Dr Boggan removed my brain tumor several years ago (when I was 18). Going into it, we felt very comfortable w/ him, as he seemed to be the best in the area. My expected 3 hr surgery ended 10 1/2 hrs later, with me permenately paralyzed on one side!! There was never any discussion that this could be a possible result! I don't know that we would've gone that route if that was a possibility! While I recovered at UCD,for 2 months(!!), he only came to see me a couple of times!! we were obviously extremely disapointed!! No one from my family will be a guinea pig at UCD again!! I hope the neurology students learned something during my surgery! ( at my cost!!)
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 604610
29/05/08 5 4 5 5 I had a huge meningioma tumor (the size of a man's fist) in the left posterior of my brain. Dr. Boggan saw me for the first time on 4/17/08 (Thursday). He obviously had plans for the following Tuesday but he scratched them and he told his staff to schedule me for surgery. On 4/22/08 he and his team removed my tumor. I felt assured the after I spoke to Dr. Boggan the first time, I was at ease. ThaT's no small order for me because I am hospital phobic. He took time to talk to and assure my family too. When woke up from the surgery I knew I right away I knew I was in a word HEALED. Dr. Boggan is one of my blessings in life. I will forever give thanks to the Lord for placing me in Dr. Boggan's very capable and kind hands.  Respond
RID: 599602
26/05/08 3 1 1 2 I am completely unable to get a hold of Dr. Boggan. He is going to be giving me brain decompression soon and has taken over 6 months to schedule it. I am fed up with him and would never recommend him.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 302519
29/04/07 5 5 5 I feel very fortunate to have been able to see Dr. Boggan for my daughter's baclofen pump implant. Dr. Boggan and his team accepted my daughter's case which had been declined a number of other places. We are still making adjustments. Dr. Boggan has stopped me in the lobby and keeps close track, helping me understand and being a partner in her rehabilitation. My gratitude is hard to describe. The nuts and bolts of scheduling and so forth were fine. I did need to make sure to be clear in describing her condition, before and during treatment, which is something that is sometimes difficult under such emotional circumstances. A very kind and very expert team.  Respond
RID: 28373
17/04/06 1 5 5 I have hydrocephelus and a VP shunt which he replaced, and then repaired during a failure several years later; Doctor Boggan's care and advice is excellent. While under his care I have always had sage advice and prompt resolution of my symptoms. My only complaint is that his front office staff will does not appear to schedule appointments based on need, nor based on his own advice; I have had Dr. Boggan ask to see me with tests in hand in under a week and had his front office refuse to give me an appointment in under a month. The doctors care is outstanding, the office scheduling staff border on dangerous.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 25583
17/03/06 5 5 5 I have had a severe injury for several years when I meet with Dr Boggan. He took full control, and would not take No for an answer, and I am better for it today. I have seen him wheel babies from the NICU with severe brain injuies with no movement in there limbs, and when they return they have function, and hopes of a recovery. He is well respected with his Peers,and is the Head Teaching Professor at UCDM Sacramento, Ca. in nuerosurgery.  Respond