Dr. George W. Kunkel

Grad. Year: 1960

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. George W. Kunkel has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "George" to "George W."
RID: 1471345
23/06/11 1 3 1 3 The Dr.'s office staff is very unprofessional, rude and disrespectful.
RID: 1257199
23/09/10 3 4 5 4 My diagnosis was not explained to me at all. I felt not listened too and very humiliated by this dr!His favorite ending to an appointment is by saying "if we would all win the lottery we would feel better", yup and unfortunately money doesn't take away severe pain so whats the use in winning if you hurt so bad you cannot enjoy spending it! In my opinion this Dr. is money driven and lacks compassion for his patients illnesses!
RID: 1189696
15/06/10 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for many years and just ran into these comments. I can't believe it's the same Physician I have known for years. I was diagnosed with RA and tried many different medications over the years. I had adverse reactions to many and Dr. Kunkel listened to my concerns, helped me deal with the pain showing options available when medication did not work. He explains in detail the process of RA, some things can not be corrected, and at no time made it seem like a lecture. The Dr. Kunkle I know is a caring, deep thinking, brillant man that dedicates his career to helping others. I'm sorry the other posters came from their appointment with so much frustration and hope they would consider returning to get the best possible care available for anyone suffering from constant pain.
RID: 1116588
27/02/10 1 1 1 1 Beyond awful. This guy is terrible. I felt quite uneasy being treated by him, and I am usually comfortable in the medical situations (due to numerous illnesses, I've been to many doctors in my lifetime). He didn't speak to me on a personal level and he didn't listen to me. He eventually diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia, but showed no compassion and only gave me one treatment option (medication). I would stay far, far away from this doctor. Find another doctor.
RID: 976230
31/08/09 4 4 1 1 I was sent to Dr. Kunkle after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Awful bedside manner. Diagnosed me with Graves disease and put me on allopurinol - only after I went to an opthomologist and an immunologist did I find out I did not have Graves and that Kunkle should have never made the diagnosis - he did not do the testing in order to do so. Kunkle also told me (in writing) that I did not have fibromyalgia but had temporary FS-like symptoms due to thyroiditis. This diagnosis was also disproved by the immunologist. Seven years later, I still do not have either disorder Dr. Kunkle diagnosed. I was surprised that a man with so much experience could be so haphazard in his diagnoses.  Respond
RID: 800845
26/02/09 1 2 1 1 This guy is terrible. I felt like I was in a college lecture. He "interrogated" me in his office before an examination even took place. He talked at me, like he was reading from a medical textbook. He didn't give me a chance to speak more than a minute in the 30 he spent talking to me in his office. He is arrogant, rude, overblown, and apparently loves to hear himself talk. I do not recommend him to anyone, which is really too bad, as there are very few rheumotologists in the area.