Dr. Robert F. Spiera

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Robert F. Spiera has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he take insurance?    Email me    Answer it

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert F."
RID: 1450334

26/05/11 4 4 1 2 The medicine put my mom on Dr. Robert Spiera almost killed her. He didn't listen to what was happening to her on the medication saying "Well, I think this is a better situation than before." It wasn't a better situation. I wound up taking her to the Lahey clinic where we were told that, yes, these are side-effects of the medication.
RID: 1296989
18/11/10 5 5 5 5 Everything that everyone wrote above is true. OMG... a young, intelligent, compasionate human being of a doctor. He is truly his father's son.
RID: 1286516
04/11/10 5 4 4 4 Like him, but I was frustrated that he was not listening to what I was trying to tell him. I felt very rushed
Paid (or co-pay): $600
RID: 964045
16/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Spiera is a very knowledgeable doctor with a great deal of compassion. He is kind and very generous with his time, never rushes, great listener and explains everything in detail. He also returns all phone calls promply.  Respond
RID: 934019
10/07/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Robert Spiera treated my mom for Wechners Granulomatosis. He was extremely compassionate and knoweledgeable and treated her with the utmost respect. Mostly, his diagnosis and treatment were accurate, and she is doing very well. I would recommend Dr. Spiera as probably the best doctor I have had the privilege of meeting.
RID: 545486
24/03/08 3 4 5 5 Dr. Spiera treated me for quite some time for an autoimmune disease along w/ another doctor in another area of NYC. He was very knowledgeable and compassionate to me as well as my disease. He is also conservative in his methods and suggestions. It was the 1st time in my life a doctor treated me as a patient who happens to have a disease than a body part. He takes his time when he's with you although most times you wait a fair amount of time in the waiting/examining room w/o before being seen.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 445403
16/11/07 3 3 5 5 Very personable, spends time with you, very knowledgeable and believes it's not "all in your head." Highly recommend.  Respond