Rate Dr. Ryan K. Anderson

Dr. Ryan K. Anderson's Ratings

I am very disappointed in my dealings with Dr. Ryan Anderson. At first he seems like a great doctor, but the longer I dealt with him, the more frustrated I became. My surgery went beyond what I was told was being done, and after I told him my concerns, he never would acknowledge my concerns. After my surgery failed, he denied any wrong doings and never would acknowledge that it did fail. I had to see an orthopedic surgeon who informed me that an incorrect surgery was performed, and that adequate fixation was never obtained. This is one of those instances of "buyer beware". Also anyone that has dealt with him, I would advise taking a look at your E.O.B's, I was billed 2 different times for the same surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I am surprised if individuals are still seeing Dr. Ryan Anderson. Everyone, after I told them, that Dr. Ryan Anderson did my surgery, told me how they were unhappy with him also. If it wasn't so difficult to file malpractice issues, I'm sure several would have been filed by now. I hope after reading this, others will do their homework and do research in finding an acceptable doctor to do any surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Anderson appears to be a very knowledgeable individual, but looks can be deceiving. He performed a surgery which went beyond his scope of knowledge. The surgery was never explained to me, and he took it upon himself to place hardware that I never gave consent for. After having constant pain for 6 months, and him telling me it takes time to heal, I finally went to see an orthopedic surgeon who explained that the surgery failed, hardware was loose and causing bone to resorb and that bone grafts and fusion of my foot was needed. He didn't feel comfortable doing this surgery, so he sent me to another orthopedic specialist who deals with foot and ankle problems. I find it weird that a qualified orthopedist who has finished extensive training and schooling, and has been practicing for 15+ years wouldn't do the surgery. Yet, Dr. Anderson thought he would take it upon himself, to do it. Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way of trusting Dr. Anderson, hopefully this review helps others not make my same mistake and obviously the mistake of the other reviewers in which have posted.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

I had almost a year dealing with Dr. Anderson. He never explained the surgery in which he performed. If I new the surgery in which he was going to do, I would have gone to an orthopedic surgeon who is more qualified to treat this lis franc fracture (or that is what he said after surgery, and placement of hardware that failed and he denied any wrong doing). I would be aware of him doing anything besides treating a sprain. His diagnosis was wrong, he let me go on with pain for over 7 months even though X-rays showed failing hardware and his dealing was another cortisone shot and ibuprofen. When I finally confronted him about his misdiagnosis and "bandaid" of treating a serious problem, he never would return my calls. Needless to say, I would avoid him at all costs, especially if surgery is in order.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2486029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

I too, am not satisfied with the outcome of my foot surgery. I will be going elsewhere to have my surgery redone!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2289267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

This doctor (Ryan Anderson) is not competent to perform bone surgery on anyone's foot. I had surgery from him to repair a bunion, hammer toe, and ankle misalignment. He left my foot far more pronated than before, never properly fixed the bunion, and left my big toe pushing out on the other toes. I finally went to TOSH, where xrays showed broken hardware Dr Anderson had put in my foot. The doctors spoke disparagingly about the podiatrist's surgery, how podiatrists in general are taught defective surgery techniques. Dr Angerson showed little interest in how bad my surgery went. I have since had surgery to repair what should have been done right the first time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][291477].votes_count ]]