Rate Dr. Garry S. Grayson

Dr. Garry S. Grayson's Ratings

Dr. Grayson has been coming to our facility to see several of our residents for slightly over two yrs now. He is very honest and knowledgeable; and his assistance had made a great difference in the behaviors/moods of the individuals residing here. His humor makes him fun to work with as well. He is punctual and time efficient, and has assisted us between appointments by phone and e-mail also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2010

I have known Dr Grayson for over 12 years. He conducts a monthly clinic for our residents with intellectual disabilities. We have found him to be very helpful, professional and is a vital asset to our program. Some may consider him to be arrogant but I recognize it as CONFIDENCE. I have witnessed many acts of kindness that he has shown towards others that often times goes unnoticed.Dr Grayson was visiting with a patient who repeatingly commented on a watch that he was wearing. The doctor gave this individual his watch and this client continues to enjoy his special gift.When choosing a doctor, I believe that it is more important to make a selection based on the doctor's knowledge and skills. It is important to have someone who will tell you the truth and work towards giving the patient the very best of care. Dr Grayson is one who meets those criterias.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2010

Dr. Grayson has been my psychiatrist for almost 20 years. When I was in crisis he was there for me. He has helped me to accept my diagnosis but not to let it limit my life. Dr. Grayson has never been anything but compassionate and polite. He has shared prose and poetry to help me through the dark times. He has always encouraged me to have fun. So many times, Dr. Grayson and his staff were my lifelines. When my husband was ill, he went out of his way to provide referrals and support. I am taken aback by the comments I have seen on this website. I don't know where I would be now without Dr. Grayson. I will be forever grateful to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012273].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 28, 2010

I have had the privilege of working with Dr. Grayson for the past 17 years in the hospital setting. He is an expert in treating the seriously mentally ill, mentally retarded and the Geriatric population. He will be straight forward and honest and that may be a hard pill to swallow for some. He shows care and compassion and is also sympathetic and empathetic. He guides his patients in taking an active role in their recovery and encourages them to accept nothing less than a full recovery. He has given endless hours of his time to provide education, guidance and comfort to his patients and their families. He is a mentor and his integrity is respected by all who work side by side with him each day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012272].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 21, 2010

Dr. Grayson treated our son before his death, and was very compassionate in his treatment of him. He was very straight forward and truthful in his assessment and some people might take that the wrong way, but I believe his being so honest with us gave us the information we needed at the time. After our son's death he wrote us a very touching letter than I still carry in my wallet. If you want somebody to say only what you want to hear, you probably shouldn't go to Dr. Grayson. He will give you a straight and honest diagnosis, whether it's easy or not. I think that's the true test of integrity in a Doctor and I will forever be grateful to Dr. Grayson. So many doctors try to be politically correct and tell patients only partial truths to "protect" their feelings. This is dishonest and ceretainly lacks compassion. Dr. Grayson is a good doctor who cares enough to tell the truth. Our world needs more people like him and the medical profession needs more doctors like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

I had a breakdown and was admitted into an institution where he did rounds. I was there for several days but only saw him the first day and the last day. Each time was very rushed and lasted less than 5 minutes. He sent me home the last day ONLY because my free 3 days were up and I couldn't pay for anymore. He DOES NOT CARE about anything but money, especially his patients! STAY AWAY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

Dr. Grayson talked as ugly to me as anyone ever has when I tried to get information from him about a family member. He was disrepectful, arrogant, rude, and did not want me to ask him any questions about treatment, medication, etc. His behavior is completely unprofessional and would not let him treat my dog for fleas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2009

I had the most unfortunate luck to get this man after being admitted to the emergency room at Brookwood hospital in Birmingham, Al. He insisted I was "on drugs" even after tox screens came back negative.In my opinion, he is medically irresponsible, should not be licensed, in any state, and is more than likely the cause of many suicides. If you value your mental or physical health it is my suggestion that you STAY AWAY from this man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012268].votes_count ]]