Rate Dr. Garry S. Grayson

Dr. Garry S. Grayson's Ratings

Reprimanded by Alabama Medical board for not keeping up with his required education.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. His approach is outrageous and manipulative. I saw him in 2011 and it was the worst doctor experience I have ever had. Told me I was going to die soon and my parents didn't didn't love me as much as I thought they did. Which how that helps with depression..I'm not sure. As Simon would say.."IT'S A NO FROM ME.."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr Grayson uses a tough love approach but he literally saved my life with his methods. If it weren't for Dr Grayson I would still be on heroin; because of Dr Grayson I have been clean for 41 days & have had zero cravings. Dr Grayson's methods may seem tough and/or rough but he wouldn't use those "tough love" methods if he didn't truly think that he could've helped me get clean & stay clean. I have to give most of the credit to Dr Grayson & his nurses/staff for helping me through the toughest time of my life. I can't thank Dr Grayson & St Vincents East staff for helping me on my road to recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

I cannot believe this man still has a medical license. In my opinion, if you value the mental or physical health of yourself or a loved one - STAY AWAY. I also believe any positive ratings were paid for. I encountered Dr. Grayson in 2006, the experiance almost cost me my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Well, in response to one of the very few positive reviews, I am one of the many that hate him. Let's face it, so many people cannot be wrong. He is a MISERABLE Doctor and the negative reviews far exceed the positive! Personally, I am of the opinion that the positive reviews are from companies that you can hire now to "clean up your image" online. They would almost certainly have to be, considering that out of the many people I have personally known who have been treated by him, not one has anything positive to say. Conclusion- he is the WORST doctor by far to intrust your mental health to. I would not doubt that if you are depressed, and have not considered suicide, that you will by the time you leave this man's presence.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr. Grayson was extremely knowledgeable about every aspect of psychiatry. He was very kind and helpful, while being up front and honest about the best method of treatment for me. I will definitely continue seeing him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

Dr Grayson is condescending, rude, disdainful, and contempt filled. He refused to allow me to answer any question he asked, yelling above my attempt to answer. He stated that my therapist with 42 years experience was inept and that the cognitive testing I have had done was worthless. He was verbally abusive and mentally manipulative and abusive. I wouldn't wish this man on my worst enemy. He seemed to enjoy upsetting me and then dismissing me by loudly yelling "NEXT."

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2012280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

Obnoxious and dismissive. Arrogant and rude to an amazing degree.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Rude,uninterested,definitely more a businessman than physician. Worst experience of my life.Never before seen anyone with such a horrible attitude,cannot help but wonder why he chose this career. It was certainly not to be a patient caregiver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012279].votes_count ]]