Dr. Gary H. Lum

Grad. Year: 2003

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 02/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Gary H. Lum has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dentist-related: cavities, gum disease, teeth cleaning, dental care, gingivitis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

02/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "SANTA CLARA" to "Cupertino"
RID: 1663867
17/12/11 5 5 5 5 I am 58 yrs old and have been seeing Dr. Gary Lum for about 4 years. He is the BEST dentist I've ever had (and I have had much work done in my lifetime - including braces for 6 yrs, gum surgery, etc.). The staff at Central Park Dental is OUTSTANDING. They are friendly, always helpful, and sooooo caring! Dr. Lum is efficient and KNOWS HIS STUFF! Also, he is always pleasant and I know him to be a very kind, family man. His first concern is his patient and he goes out of his way to cause as little discomfort, as possible. MY GRADE FOR DR GARY LUM is... A++++++

RID: 1416757
15/04/11 5 5 5 5 Finally got myself to go in after many years of neglect. Chelsea the hygienist did an awesome job for my cleaning. Dr. Lum fill some teeth and now I can smile comfortably again! Great place. Wish I had come in sooner!
RID: 728089
22/11/08 5 5 5 5 So far I've only gotten cleanings at this office. Dr. Lum is very nice and everytime I come in, he manages to get me to laugh. He's very laid back and casual. Some dentists I've been to in the past have been very stuffy and snobby. It's been very pleasant so far.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 536598

12/03/08 1 5 1 1 The clinic is located at a shabby shopping center, and they charged me $50 for the appointment cancellation without any notice. I'm glad that I didn't choose this doctor eventually.  Respond
RID: 384352
12/08/07 5 5 5 5 My son goes to school next door so I thought I would give this office a try. I was suprised how nice and new this office was. Dr. Lum did my cleaning very gently.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 229498
25/03/07 5 5 5 I just moved to the Bay Area from NY recently. I loved my NY dentist and was afraid I wouldn't be able to find anyone as good out here. I heard from my friends that some dentists try to push un-necessary procedures to make money. I went in telling Dr. Lum I wanted dental veneers done, even though I didn't, to try to test him. He talked me out of it and tried to convince me my teeth were beautiful as is. :) (I already knew that) So from that, I knew he was an honest guy. He did my clean and said all I needed was more flossing. Basically, he repeated everything my childhood dentist from NY told me which made me feel very comfortable. Thanks for your kind care Dr. Lum! Suzie.
RID: 25164
13/03/06 5 5 5 Haven't been to the dentist in a while and expected a whole bunch of cavities. Dr. Lum only found 1. He said I was lucky and that I had age on my side to thank for that (I'm 22). However, he spent the next 20 minutes after the filling telling me *why* I should brush and floss. Other dentists I've been to only told me to brush and floss more, but never explained to me why. Great guy and shows genuine care for people.  Respond