Rate Dr. Douglas A. Horst

Dr. Douglas A. Horst's Ratings

Dr. Horst was not punctual. I waited in waiting room over an hour with none of his staff acknowledging me and informing me of him being over and hour late on his arrival and now my procedure got pushed back over an hour late. I got no consideration of it pushing back my work schedule and making me miss a day of work. Staff seem very unprepared for procedure. A simply procedure schedule for an endoscope turn into the biggest nightmare ever imagine.

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Horst is a very knowledgeable & understanding doctor. I have felt that he is truly concerned with a patient's comfort and well-being. He is not at all as cold and sterile as some doctors are; in fact he has a terrific sense of humor, while maintaining a purely professional manner at all times. A patient cannot help but feel confident in Dr. Horst's more than capable and experience hands.

Submitted June 14, 2009 | flag

Dr. Horst has been my doctor since the early 80's - his bedside manner is superb and he really cares about his patients. He's a very gentle man who always listens to what you have to say, and answers any and all questions with excellent knowledge, compassion, and warmth. He's not afraid to touch you if you need comforting. When I was in the hospital, he was the only doctor who came in, sat down, and talked for nearly a half-hour at a time. (Other doctors seem to have one foot out the door when they're making their rounds and speaking with you.) Dr. Horst also responds very quickly to email questions from his patients.

Submitted July 30, 2008 | flag