Dr. Barbara L. Fare

Grad. Year: 1999

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Barbara L. Fare has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Barbara" to "Barbara L."

01/01/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Internist" to "Psychiatrist"
RID: 2517761
01/01/13 5 5 5 5 I've been in the care of Dr. Fare for about 4 years and have found her to be an extraordinary physician. She's an attentive listener and provides helpful and informative feedback. She's proven to be a professional care provider who evaluates and respects the patients level of knowledge. She works with my ability or inability to understand conditions, medications and processes. I've been under the care of high quality doctors from directors at Stanford University Hospital to doctors who seem to strive for the record of how much they can bill for the consultation in less than 15 seconds. Dr. Fare has always made me fell comfortable and has communicated with me at a professional level, respecting my ability as an adult to make reasonable decisions for the benefit of my health rather than sticking to, sometimes, nearly arbitrary guidelines. She's always impressed me and I'm very happy to have her as my physician.
Insurance: Veterans Administration
RID: 2408450
23/08/12 5 5 5 5 In 40 years of going to VA Hospitals, since 1972, I swore that after my experiences in New York, New Jersey, Philly and Boston, I would never step foot in a VA hospital again due to bad treatment of Vets, the arrogance of the people behind the desks. It was a crime the way we were treated and not told that we had PTSD. I moved to Phoenix and used that VA. At first, the treatment for me as a 100% disabled vet was great. AT FIRST. The last ten years have been hell. I came to Florida VA and cow not believe the treatment and respect and the people are so nice. I thought I had died and went to heaven. Dr. Fare is one of the most incredible doctors to not only sit and talk with you, but explains everything and with someone with chronic PTSD, the information was given in a way I could understand. She found things after 40 years that other's missed. I will never see another doctor. Ever. Thank you, Dr Fare and everyone at Orange County Clinic from a LLRP, with much gratitude.
Insurance: Veterans Administration
RID: 497429
28/01/08 5 4 5 5 Fantastic service! You could tell she really wanted to find out your particular issue and help you to find a solution. She took the time to listen, and would squeeze you in if you were ill and needed to be seen. (Which for me is rare!) I can't say enough nice things about her!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 439261
05/11/07 4 3 5 5 Excellent Doctor. Excellent communication skills, sense of caring, good humor - just a great physician - especially when you take into account that the services I recieved from Dr. Fare were thru a managed care facility (Physician Associates). Unfortunately, she moved out of state otherwise I'd 'follow' her for continued health care. The old plea: "Please don't change" Dr. Fare.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 242055
29/03/07 4 5 5 I absolutely love Dr. Fare, she is so young and cutting edge. I felt like Dr. Fare was very concerned about my health and general well being. She is so young and a cute little lady, it was refreshing to have her walk in smiling even when there was bad news. I am distressed that Dr Fare is no longer with Physician Associates, they have lost a great asset to their practice. I know that her caring ways and kind demeanor will take her far!She was not afraid to tell me if there was an area that she wasn't familiar with and forward me in the right direction. Great doctor!Great person!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 180897
09/03/07 1 5 5 I love her. I started going to her about three months ago and very knowledgeable and really seems to care about her patients and really listens to issues that I am having.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 51604
20/10/06 5 5 5 Very friendly, helpful and I love that she doesn't automatically jump to treatment with prescription meds. She explains everything very well and in terms I can understand. We talk about options: pros & cons then she lets me have a say in my body and healthcare decisions. The staff is also very friendly.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 33052
22/06/06 5 5 5 Excellent physician, knowledgeable and personable. She cares about her patients. (I am a male patient.)  Respond