Rate Dr. Alan S. Hilibrand

Dr. Alan S. Hilibrand's Ratings

I had ACDF surgery for C4 through C6. I gotta tell you, when you are diagnosed with a myelopathy and have no choice but surgery you want Dr. Hilibrand to perform it. His experience and expertise are a calming force. I was driving after only 3 weeks post op. I was eating chicken on the same night of the surgery. I had no swallowing or breathing problems. I was back to work in 1 month. I love this doctor. I was lucky to have him do the operation.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2012 | flag

Model example of what a doctor should be! He really listened to me. Was willing to operate with my consent based on level/duration of pain even though the images did not identify me as a typical surgical candidate. He found and removed a 1/4" bone spur that was poking into my spine, that did not show on any images. All other doctors were only interested in giving me repeated steroid injections. Dr. Hilibrand wanted my long-term quality of life to return to normal without repeated medical procedures. This should be the typical attitude of doctors, but unfortunately in my experience is not.

Submitted April 12, 2011 | flag

I had multi-level lumbar laminectomy surgery in 2006. I also did a lot of research and it was my Physical Therapist who provided me his name. I also traveled 2 hours to another state to have my surgery by a surgeon I heard great things about. Actually, I was VERY lucky in that my PT had a few other patients who had major spine surgery by him and I was able to talk to those patients. That definitely made me feel more confident as well. Hospital staff was very friendly at Thomas Jefferson in PA; Nurses said if they needed spine surgery, they would choose him, etc. I did very well after my surgery considering I could hardly walk anymore and couldn't stand or lay straight. After surgery, it was a HUGE improvement. I still have arthritis, though, and other conditions so I still have some problems, but none are related to my surgery. I have told everyone I know that if they ever need spine surgery, they should see Dr. Hilibrand!

Submitted Oct. 9, 2010 | flag

Excellent spinal surgeon, I have been a nurse for over 30 years and I researched several surgeons and had three consults. I live 3 hours from Philly but decided to have the BEST! Had anterior cervical fusion 10/27/09 and had minimal pain - what a great surprise! Doing well with range of motion, able to swallow solid food the next morning, walked 4 miles 2 days after surgery. My recovery is 100% better than other people that used different surgeons, I'm thrilled!

Submitted Nov. 6, 2009 | flag