Rate Dr. Robert J. Chiu

Dr. Robert J. Chiu's Ratings

Dr Chiu was very knowledgable, kind and professional. I had fillers today in his office. No pain and an impeccable job. Sara was super nice and and made you very comfortable. I would highly recommend him! He is very conservative and really cares about his patients! He would not make you feel any pressure into doing a procedure .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Sara is incredibly unhelpful, disorganized, and unable to answer questions. I don't know how a doctor can have such dysfunctional staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

Both Dr. Chiu and Sara are exceptional! I am EXTREMELY pleased with my experience with Dr. Chiu. From the moment I entered the office..I was impressed by the care and comfort Sara and Dr. Chiu provided. I was happy to be able to see, on a computer, my before picture and what Dr. Chiu projected to be my final outcome. This helped me to know that I was able to get the results I wanted. The surgery went well with just mild and expected discomfort. He softened the tip by removing some of it and also contoured the nostril area by making both sides more symmetrical. St Clair Hospital was great and kept me comfortable. Dr. Chiu even gave me a call to see how I was feeling from the surgery when I got home! My mother, father, and I were so happy and relieved to know I was in such caring and skilled hands. Dr. Chiu made my nose look less prominent, much more softer and balanced with my face. He is everything that you could ask for in a surgeon! I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2476433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

The wait time to be seen was more than an hour without explanation. My time was not valued.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2292380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Chiu is an eminently qualified Facial plastic surgeon. I wouldn't trust my face to just any plastic surgeon, especially one who didn't have further specialized credentials, no matter how much "cheaper" the procedures. I had facelift, brow and eyelid surgery with very little bruising, and i have had Botox and lip injections As well, and I love the way I look. I feel so much happier with my appearance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Three members of our family have gone to Dr. Chiu over the last few years for noninvasive facial procedures such as fillers, botox, and fraxel. I chose him after seeing some of the work he performed on others. The high praise he has received is more than well deserved. He takes all the time needed to answer questions, listen to every concern, and then offer his suggestions. His approach is definitely more conservative and will not perform a procedure that he feels is not necessary. In today's world of plastic surgery that is rare. I have never had any pain, and bruising has never been an issue. Most times you will not even be aware that he has completed the procedure. His work and technique is truly impeccable. Sara, who runs the office always offers total support before a procedure, as well as followup afterwards. This is a very hands on team offering wonderful patient care. I would highly recommend Dr. Chiu without any hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

My husband and I both had multiple procedures with Dr Chiu. We are both very pleased with our result. We love his honesty and his conservative approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I went to Dr. Chiu for rhinoplasty. After my first consultation, Sarah emailed me several times, since I said I was looking around for the best doctor. She would send me inappropriate emails telling me that if I had the procedure done by someone other than Dr. Chiu, he would need to fix it. After researching a bit and reading all of these great reviews, I decided to go with him. Two years later, my nose is significantly crooked, it is difficult to breathe, it is stuck up like a pig, there's a bump AND needless to say I will be getting a second surgery by someone else. I was originally told these were attributed to swelling, a year later it was attributed to the way my nose was already? I have pictures to prove the contrary. He refuses to admit it was reshaped to be crooked. During my follow-ups he told me I need a chin implant and Botox? I said botox would be through my dermatologist, and he told me my doctor who has done wonders to my skin was no where near as good as him. He's awful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294830].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

Dr. Chiu is an excellent doctor. He is extremely detailed oriented and caring. I had surgery on my nose(nose job) and the entire process was completely painless. I could not believe it, he told me that I really wouldn't experience much pain but I was skeptical. I didn't take a single pain pill afterwards. There was also very little swelling and bruising. I felt very comfortable with him and would recommend him to anyone. Even the nurses at the hospital were raving about him and the quality of his work the morning of my surgery. If you are thinking of getting any work done that he does...do not hesitate to use him. You will not be disappointed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Chiu and Sara are phenomenal! I had an excellent rhinoplasty experience, from Dr. Chiu and Sara to all of the staff at St. Clair Hospital. I am 110% ecstatic about my results and all of my family and friends agree! I was brought to tears of how pleased I was. I had an easy and quick recovery, absolutely no bruising and minimal swelling - I felt like myself again the next morning after surgery. (you still need to lay low for a few days even though you are feeling great!) I highly recommend Dr. Chiu to anyone considering rhinoplasty. You will feel comfortable from the moment you walk in the door for your consultation and be assured that you are in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294828].votes_count ]]