You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert J. Chiu

Dr. Robert J. Chiu's Ratings

very personal staff and Dr. Robert Chiu was very concentrated on total outcome of surgery, history, and felt that he was truly meeting each and every goal and a personal and professional man. He medical staff and skills is the best in the Pittsburgh area and also other surroundings as well.

Very pleased!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Dr Chiu did my face/neck and upper eye lift several years ago. At the time, my MAIN concern was my very ugly looking neck, but while in his office, I was also advised to get the upper eye lift. My eye lift was amazing and I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Chiu for that procedure. My neck lift was great as far as scars were concerned (he is a perfectionist in that area!), but the lift he did on my neck was so conservative, I could hardly notice any change and was thus greatly disappointed. It still looked OLD and ugly. My jaw line was improved, however.
Anyway, other than my disappointment in my neck outcome, there were two other issues I had with my experience that I did NOT like or appreciate.
1. While I did not want any of my before or after pictures posted online or anywhere else, which they were NOT, Sara was adamant that ALL pictures taken of me after my surgery and with follow up visits, had to be taken with me wearing tons of make-up - done by Sara - which I do not typically wear and actually despise and also felt that IF for any reason my picture would be shown to a potential patient, it would NOT be a true representation of how I looked during my follow-up visits and specific weeks of my recovery. In other words, a deliberate masking of my bruising, which was so not necessary in my opinion and something that, quite frankly, bugged the hell out of me. Not wanting to make waves, I endured this repeated onslaught of my skin each visit, but would NEVER allow this again.
2. After my initial recovery period, I then had botox. I had this procedure done elsewhere years before and was ecstatic over the almost instant results. However, when there was practically no change in my ability to wrinkle up my forehead even after 4 weeks of Dr. Chiu doing my Botox, on my next follow-up visit, and after mentioning this disappointment to Sara, she informed me that "SHE" wanted to be able to wrinkle her own forehead so that her children would know when she meant business. And I thought, (to myself, of course) ... "WTF does that have to do with me and what I wanted. You see, I had told Dr. Chiu that I did not want to move my forehead muscles at all. Hey, watch any of real housewives and you'll know what I mean - LOL. And once again, I was brushed off with a comment about how he likes things to be very "conservative". Well, I surely wish Sara and Dr. Chiu would understand that what they want and what they like may be totally different than what the patient wants and if their office is not willing, for whatever reason, to give the patient what he or she wants, then they should admit that EARLY on and not just wait until afterwards and then give you only a snotty look.
Again, I think Dr. Chiu is a PERFECTIONIST and a GREAT surgeon .... but do be sure that you understand very clearly what HIS EXPECTATIONS are. Yours will not necessarily be the priority.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2709425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Dr Chiu was very knowledgable, kind and professional. I had fillers today in his office. No pain and an impeccable job. Sara was super nice and and made you very comfortable. I would highly recommend him! He is very conservative and really cares about his patients! He would not make you feel any pressure into doing a procedure .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Sara is incredibly unhelpful, disorganized, and unable to answer questions. I don't know how a doctor can have such dysfunctional staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

Both Dr. Chiu and Sara are exceptional! I am EXTREMELY pleased with my experience with Dr. Chiu. From the moment I entered the office..I was impressed by the care and comfort Sara and Dr. Chiu provided. I was happy to be able to see, on a computer, my before picture and what Dr. Chiu projected to be my final outcome. This helped me to know that I was able to get the results I wanted. The surgery went well with just mild and expected discomfort. He softened the tip by removing some of it and also contoured the nostril area by making both sides more symmetrical. St Clair Hospital was great and kept me comfortable. Dr. Chiu even gave me a call to see how I was feeling from the surgery when I got home! My mother, father, and I were so happy and relieved to know I was in such caring and skilled hands. Dr. Chiu made my nose look less prominent, much more softer and balanced with my face. He is everything that you could ask for in a surgeon! I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2476433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

The wait time to be seen was more than an hour without explanation. My time was not valued.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2292380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Chiu is an eminently qualified Facial plastic surgeon. I wouldn't trust my face to just any plastic surgeon, especially one who didn't have further specialized credentials, no matter how much "cheaper" the procedures. I had facelift, brow and eyelid surgery with very little bruising, and i have had Botox and lip injections As well, and I love the way I look. I feel so much happier with my appearance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Three members of our family have gone to Dr. Chiu over the last few years for noninvasive facial procedures such as fillers, botox, and fraxel. I chose him after seeing some of the work he performed on others. The high praise he has received is more than well deserved. He takes all the time needed to answer questions, listen to every concern, and then offer his suggestions. His approach is definitely more conservative and will not perform a procedure that he feels is not necessary. In today's world of plastic surgery that is rare. I have never had any pain, and bruising has never been an issue. Most times you will not even be aware that he has completed the procedure. His work and technique is truly impeccable. Sara, who runs the office always offers total support before a procedure, as well as followup afterwards. This is a very hands on team offering wonderful patient care. I would highly recommend Dr. Chiu without any hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

My husband and I both had multiple procedures with Dr Chiu. We are both very pleased with our result. We love his honesty and his conservative approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][294831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I went to Dr. Chiu for rhinoplasty. After my first consultation, Sarah emailed me several times, since I said I was looking around for the best doctor. She would send me inappropriate emails telling me that if I had the procedure done by someone other than Dr. Chiu, he would need to fix it. After researching a bit and reading all of these great reviews, I decided to go with him. Two years later, my nose is significantly crooked, it is difficult to breathe, it is stuck up like a pig, there's a bump AND needless to say I will be getting a second surgery by someone else. I was originally told these were attributed to swelling, a year later it was attributed to the way my nose was already? I have pictures to prove the contrary. He refuses to admit it was reshaped to be crooked. During my follow-ups he told me I need a chin implant and Botox? I said botox would be through my dermatologist, and he told me my doctor who has done wonders to my skin was no where near as good as him. He's awful!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][294830].votes_count ]]