You may also like

Rate Dr. William J. Purkert

Dr. William J. Purkert's Ratings

Dr. Purkert is an outstanding surgeon. He removed a grapefruit sized nodule as well as my thyroid last week and needless to say everything went well. He is a compassionate, caring human being and also has a great sense of humor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2836941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr. Purkert is one of the most phenomenal doctors I have ever seen. I read all of the comments posted here and they made me feel much more comfortable about having him remove my thyroid. I had a list of questions for my initial visit and he answered each one before I could ask them. He also spent as much time as I needed for my initial visit, which ended up being over an hour long. On the day of my surgery, I was there by myself. He asked if there was someone he could call and tell about my surgery. I asked him to call my parents who do not live in the area and my Mom was quite impressed that he called her and discussed my surgery with her. You could not ask to be in better hands than Dr. Purkert's!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2560776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

kk

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Like so many others, I was overwhelmed by the kindness, compassion, and thoughtfulness of Dr. Purkert. He explained in detail my surgery, but did so in plain, understandable terms. I had a subcutaneous mastectomy. Because this is not common for males, Dr. Purkert gave me a great deal of detail on the physiology involved. He was also kind to my wife, who waited for me through the surgery. Just top notch!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

I am scheudled to meet with Dr Purkert on January 25th and I am so happy I found this website, it has decreased my stress level some and I am happy to know that he has done so many surgeries and is liked by so many.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

Previous comment says Dr. Purkert retired. HE HAS NOT. He is a wonderful doctor, very caring and concerned for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

He was excellent in every way in his treatment of my colon cancer surgery and followup. Too bad he has retired. He listened, was upfront about options and was extremely knowledgeable! Most of all he was compassionate and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Just to say that Dr. Purkert performed gallbladder surgery on my Mom several years ago, and was the NICEST, KINDEST, MOST SKILLED and WONDERFULLY COMPETENT doctor we could have hoped to find! He explained everything in layman's terms, had infinite patience with questions even from family members, and communicated complicated medical information in a kind and caring way. After her successful gallbladder surgery, my Mom went on to have a heart valve replacement by Dr. Edward Lefrak, also at Fairfax Hospital, who was as arrogant and awful as Dr. Purkert was kind. Both skilled surgeons, but what a difference in manner and effect on their patients. I'd NEVER want Dr. Lefrak to do a blessed thing for myself or anyone I loved. But Dr. Purkert is a "ten" in every way. Apologies for not rating him sooner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Just had a thyroidectomy for papillary carcinoma with Dr. Purkert. The Doctor was recommended by several doctors and previous patients. I echo all their approvals and the other reviews below. Personable, great patience and knowledgeable. His opening appt. is unlike any I've ever had in a Doctor's office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2013064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

excellent surgeon.helpful,skilled and extremely pleasant.explained the procedure in detail but in simple terms.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2013063].votes_count ]]