Rate Dr. Marc H. Harwitt

Dr. Marc H. Harwitt's Ratings

Dr. Harwitt is so knowledgeable and has helped both my husband and me with skill and compassion to manage ongoing conditions. His office staff is great -- very efficient and accommodating -- which makes a big difference in the overall quality of care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Harwitt has always been there for me when I have needed him. Returns calls in a very timely fashion and is very caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Great.This survery like all surveys these days require 50 characters. So my "Great" isn't enough for this survey. I stick by "Great" regardless of these time consuming surveys.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Either Dr. Harwitt is either senile, unknowledgeable, or clueless. I came in suffering from heartburn that just wouldn't go away. I told him as soon as I stopped taking Aciphex the heartburn came back really badly. Immediately he recommended an upper endoscopy - not cheap for someone on a budget - but I went ahead with it. The tests came back as all normal, but I was still suffering. He mumbled something about me needing to go to another hospital for a PH test and that there wasn't anything else he could do for me. Researching on my own I discovered that PPI drugs have rebounding effects, where acid comes back as soon as you stop them - exactly the problem I was having! I can't believe he didn't think to talk about the drug side effects, possible drug alternatives, etc. He immediately jumped to an expensive test - and he wouldn't even explain to me clearly why I needed it. So in conclusion, pick another doctor - Dr. Harwitt wasted my time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2011

I've seen Dr. Harwitt for over a year. He is knowledgeable and has been very thorough - ordering multiple tests and even referred me out to another doctor for further testing. He's been patient and listens well. A very nice man and good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

This guy does not seem to follow up when he says he will and has not much personality. I think he might be checked out and ready for retirement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736156].votes_count ]]