You may also like

Rate Dr. James G. Norman

Dr. James G. Norman's Ratings

Excellent doctor and experience at Norman Parathyroid Center! I traveled from CA to Tampa for my surgery and would highly recommend to anyone with Parathyroid Disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Our 18 year old son went to Dr. Norman because a previous surgeon didn't do the job right the first time. The other surgeon took out half of his thyroid, hoping to fix the problem and it was a 4 hour surgery. Unbelieveable. We wish we had known about Dr. Norman and how specialized this type of surgery really is. So much for trusting local doctors. We traveled to Tampa from middle Tennessee. Dr. Norman and Dr. Boone gave us amazing attention. They did a sestamibi scan and then an ultrasound, just as the general surgeon did 6 months ago. The tumor was obvious in the ultrasound and Dr. Norman showed us in his consultation notes where he thought the tumor was - exactly where the ultrasound showed it. Our son was in the operating room for about 40 minutes. where half that time was spent fixing the scar from the previous surgery. Needless to say we aren't happy with the general surgeon or endocrinologist that sent us to him. After Dr. Norman and Dr. Boone operated our son said he felt improvement in his bones and joints within the first 24 hours. We were eating pizza about 3 hours after the operation. Our son couldn't eat for a day after the previous operation because they intubated him and it made his throat too sore to eat. Again, we wish we knew then what we know now. We have nothing but the highest respect and appreciation for Dr. Norman and his group. The whole experience was just amazing as is the continuing follow up care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Norman removed a tumored parathyroid earlier this week and I remain very impressed with his skill, knowledge and care for my medical issue. I am truly grateful to him for taking care of my problem and would strongly recommend him to anyone having a parathyroid issue.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2815851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

After eight years of feeling so tired and ill and being told repeatedly that all of my blood works were normal, I decided to send my results to Dr Norman for his analysis. Four days later, I had an e-mail from him , confirming
100% , the presence of a parathyroid tumour. This was a great relief - but shocking at the same time, having been told time & again by various doctors here in the UK that I catagorically did not have a parathyroid problem.

I travelled to Tampa where Drs Norman & Politz took great care of me after detecting a significant tumour on my thymus gland. Anyone in the UK who has parathyroid problems should not hesitate to travel to the States - everything works out as stated on Parathyroid.com as far a s hotel accommadation etc is concerned and the hospital care is superb. The aftercare is great too and you have the confidence of being in the hands of the best EndocrineSurgeons in the world. Please don't risk being robbed of years of your life as I did - life is too short & too precious - go to the best. Irene (UK)

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2790679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Could not have gone any better,everyone were excellent .
Thanks for making it a very comfortable experience !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2780341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Entire experience was excellent. Staff and doctors were outstanding, courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. Exceeded my expectations. Website was excellent but felt it was a little over the top. If you have hyperparathyroidism this is the only place to go even if you have to go to Tampa, Fl. The old fashioned surgical procedures used by most doctors are outdated and a thing of the past. Bill F Ketchum, Idaho

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2773467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

When i first heard that i had hyper-parathyroid i was totally lost. I didn't know what it was or what it was doing to me. I am 58 and still learning, Dr Norman thank you for the vision in putting this all together. Your website answered all my questions and gave me a plan of action. Dr Politz and Dr Lopez did the procedure. They both have a great sense of humor and caring attitude. Because of them the surgery was a great success. The whole experience was very positive from the time we checked in and until the time we left after surgery . Even the follow up was great. The staff was friendly and very special. They took good care of my wife and daughter while i was in surgery and recovery. And like the video said you will love the view out their windows when you are awake. If you have to have this procedure this is the place to have it done. Thank you and God bless! Chris form Oak Grove, Mo.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2767608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

From the first point of contact with Dr. Norman, Dr. Politz and their staff I just knew I had found the answer to my prayers. Their knowledge, expertise, experience, genuine caring and commitment is authentic and the reason I would wholeheartedly recommend them. Their sole focus is strictly on Parathyroid Disease and surgery, performing thousands per year makes them especially qualified and highly specialized which is exactly what you want when choosing a surgeon for any procedure. I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago and the small one inch incision Dr. Norman performed for the surgery is already healing beautifully...he would have been an amazing tailor...really glad he stuck being a surgeon...:-) Can't believe how good the incision looks in only a little over 2 weeks. So very grateful to both doctors and their staff for their support, goodwill and commitment to healing...they truly are a blessing. They have renewed my faith in doctors and put me on the road to healing. I am excited to see what the next few months will bring...will never forget their help and will always be so very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2713817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

Love what this miracle worker did for me. So great full for his love and devotion to cure hyperparathyroidism! I feel so blessed to have Dr. Normal cure me. Will love always and be eternally great full that I have my life back! Thank you, Lisa

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2703751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

Simply the best. Albert Einstein - physicist, Steve Jobs - inventor, James Norman - parathyroid surgeon. In my opinion, Dr. Norman deserves a Nobel Prize. He saved lives of so many people. My surgery was in 2005. I will remain grateful forever.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2700091].votes_count ]]