Rate Dr. James G. Norman

Dr. James G. Norman's Ratings

Going to the Norman Parathyroid Center was the most incredible experience! I have been dead-tired for the past six years and had known that I had hyperparathyroidism for about 2 years but my endocrinologist cautioned me about surgery saying that it was risky. After reading the Norman Parathyroid website over and over again, I was sure that I needed to have this surgery. "I can't go to Tampa" was my first thought. I live in Pittsburgh, PA certainly they do the same procedure here. I researched and I met with a surgeon and I heard all the things that the website warned me about. I went back to the website again and this time I read the testimonials written by the doctors who go to Tampa to have their tumors removed. I knew for sure then that I had to go to Tampa. The entire process was easy and quick. Every staff member was friendly. Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz were both wonderful. They made me feel important and cared for. The procedure took 13 minutes and I felt great immediately. I was at the beach by 11am and went to dinner and karaoke that evening. I did not even need a nap despite being at the hospital at 5 am. I would do this again in a heartbeat but I won't need to. Bottom line : Don't wait any longer! Go to The Norman Parathyroid Center! It's such an amazing place!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I had my surgery in Oct of 2011. Never imagined the whole process would got as smoothly and stress free as it did. If only other all Doctors offices and clinic would follow suit, how wonderful that would be. Don't wait six years like I did to change your life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

For ten years I had a large Parathyroid tumor that was undiagnosed by physicians from the finest medical institutions in Southern California and in recent years, New Mexico. I had classic symptoms, calcium levels 10 + , chronic fatigue, severe osteoporosis, general malaise , bone and body aches and pain. A new endocrinologist made the diagnosis in June with simple blood panels and then a scan and referred me to a noted ENT surgeon who had a fully booked schedule until October. When I consulted with this surgeon she advised me that the surgery would take 4-6 hours and I would likely have an 8 inch incision across my neck and a risk of vocal chord injury. I shuddered at the thought of this procedure and immediately called the Mayo Clinic for a consultation. T hat same evening I had a premonition to go on the internet and research Hyper parathyroid Disease and BINGO! The Norman Parathyroid Clinic and Dr Norman appeared most prominently. I read the website section by section, patient reviews and what sealed the deal for me? I read numerous reviews by physicians from the nations finest medical institutions who had their own Parathyroid tumors surgically removed by Dr. Norman! My research was complete! Dr. Norman is the Doctor's Doctor! Within a week I obtained and submitted my own pertinent medical records to the Norman Parathyroid Clinic; a week later I had a phone consultation,( on a Saturday) with Dr Lopez and a week later I was scheduled for surgery with Dr Norman and Dr. Politz. I had a few options of dates and then I booked my flight to Tampa and hotel reservation at the Marriott Courtyard, recommended to patients ( it was the perfect stay in a comfortable boutique hotel only a short distance to Tampa General Hospital !) The staff at the hotel greet Dr. Norman's patients every day and I had a chance to meet other patients in the lobby and 3 weeks later we are keeping in contact via email from London to Boston to New Mexico and beyond! I arrived in Tampa a few days before surgery to settle in for a few days of relaxation in the Florida sunshine.... the morning of surgery I was scheduled to be there at 5:15am and being on mountain time I stayed awake all night... Arriving at Tampa General Hospital and up to the 6th Floor..the elevator opened and there was a flurry of activity, warm welcomes and a chance to meet other patients in the waiting lounge...it was like we were embarking on a cruise meeting new people... everyone talking and sharing and learning where we had travelled from to Tampa! All similar stories..the common denominator...taking the personal initiative to find the best surgeon and care... I cannot sing enough praise for Dr. Norman and Dr, Politz who in 14 minutes skillfully removed a large parathyroid tumor that went undiagnosed for 10 years! I had a one inch incision and now nearly 3 weeks later, it's barely visible! The day of surgery, I napped for a few hours and went out to dinner in historic Ybor City to a 100 year old Michelin starred Cuban restaurant , tableside salad "1905" and topped off dinner with a candle lit on my dessert flan to celebrate my renewed life!! I felt sensational! Dr. Norman called me that night to check on me and I thanked him for giving me my life back! The following day I visited the Dali Museum in St Pete and bought a Dali design silk scarf to wrap gently around my neck and ventured off to Pass a Grille Beach on the Gulf of Mexico where I walked on sand that was like confectionery sugar and walked into the crystal clear blue water of the gulf , wading up to my knees and picked up seashells.... I had calls from family and friends "You did what"?? "You went where"?? Even I was amazed, I thought I would be in bed at the hotel! I wanted to "live" I wanted to squeeze the lemons and make lemonade! Look no further in your search, Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz and their staff are THE BEST!! They are my SUPER HEROES!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I took my mother to FL to have Dr. Norman remove her tumor with mini surgery then found myself with the same hyperparathyroidism 7 years later. So, I took myself to Dr. Norman 2 weeks ago and I'm CURED! THANK YOU!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I have had hyperparathyroidism since 2008 and finally had ENOUGH of my Endocrinologist in the Twin Cities area when my last Dexa scan showed much worse bone density. My calcium was always high but he said he thought it was maintaining itself. At one point this doctor had put me on Sensipar and I had very bad side effects and have since found out he absolutely should not have given me that drug.!!! Pushing for something to be done, he finally set me up with an interview with a local surgeon. Call it a Gut Feeling, but I was not comfortable with that surgeon but I also realized I needed to know more information about this disease. We found parathyroid.com on the internet and learned a lot. Through lots of internet research, we also learned that most doctors do not check ALL 4 parathyroid glands to make sure they are OK. They don't even do it at the Mayo Clinic here in Minnesota. They need to check them because if they miss one, you will be back in for surgery in about a year. We liked what we learned at parathyroid.com and put our trust in Dr. Norman. I had my surgery on Oct 30th by Dr. Norman and Dr. Lopez. I was in expert hands and everyone else at this facility was caring and attentive. We made a mini-vacation out of this - arriving in Tampa on Monday and played Tourist Monday - Wednesday. My Surgery was Thursday. I was fine after surgery but tired so went to my room and slept 3 hours. Then we went out to dinner that night and played Tourist again on Friday. I thank God that we found the this facility and these expert doctors. If you have parathyroid issues or know of someone who does, please let them know about the Norman Parathyroid Center. I had one tumor and they took it out and the other 3 were healthy. So I am Cured. Thank you Dr. Norman and Dr. Lopez.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2609103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

My own Dr.'s refused to investigate parathyroidism even though my calcium was consistently high for probably 10 years. When I finally got someone to listen to me and recommend surgery I knew I wanted Dr. Norman. He is THE expert on this disease. You don't want to go anywhere else. Even the progressive hospitals in NYC do not treat this disease with the full knowledge that Dr. Norman has. Plus, he's attentive, he's caring, he makes you feel confident before surgery. The whole team there at the parathyroid center are a dream team. Go there if you have high calcium and high PTH. You will be glad you did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2605847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr. Norman saved my life. The day of my surgery, he said that parathyroid hormone levels as high as mine are rarely seen because they usually result in a stroke before the patient gets help. In addition, my tumor had been growing for so many years that it wrapped itself around my vocal cord. Removing it was not the typical in and out surgery that is often described on his website (although it still took only 30 minutes). However, because he and his staff have so much experience with every type of parathyroid case, they were able to remove the tumor without damaging my vocal cord nerve – an outcome that would have been much less likely if I had surgery elsewhere. Four weeks post-surgery, I’m feeling great and have regained energy I didn’t realize I had lost. What's more, he followed up when he said he would to check in on me and returned my calls immediately. I can’t say enough about Dr. Norman and his professional, caring staff.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2605221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Making the decision to have my parathyroidectomy at the Norman Parathryoid Center is the best decision I've ever made. The professionalism, the care, and the level of comfort provided by Dr. Norman and Dr. Boone, in addition to the entire staff was beyond expectations. You will be cured when you leave their center. Period. I live in San Diego...and you'd think there are experts in San Diego for Hyperparathyroidism. Well, let me tell you...after a lot of research (online, conversations, etc), no one in San Diego can do what Dr. Norman does...nor with the level of certainty that you are cured. Make the trip to Tampa...you will be cured!

I flew in on a Monday, surgery on a Tuesday and flew home on Wednesday. I highly recommend Dr. Norman and his Center and team to anyone with Parathyroid disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Dr. Norman and his team are the epitome of passion for what they do! I traveled from the Boston, MA area (noted for it's fine doctors and hospitals) because no one here knows more about parathyroid disease or does more parathyroid surgeries than the doctors and staff at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa. From their user friendly website, www.parathyroid.com, incredibe Calcium Pro app, carefully orchestrated pre-op process and fine-tuned surgical procedures, this group of dedicated, respectful professionals treat you as a partner in your health. I had one tumor and another gland that was starting to form a tumor removed. They only knew that because of the tools they use to test every parathyroid gland during the operation. Most likely that hormone producing but non tumorous gland would have been missed had I not been in Tampa. I hate to think that I might have spent another 8 years of my life feeling miserable! These people save lives! My experience from beginning to end was truly remarkable!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I am from new York. After seeing 4 surgeons in my area who kept putting me off because my scans were negative, I decided to seek out the Norman Parathyroid clinic in Tampa. Dr. Lopez performed my surgery. The surgery went very well. I went out to dinner that same night, and flew back to new York the next day. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone with parathyroid disease. They definitely know what they are doing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2561244].votes_count ]]