Rate Dr. James G. Norman

Dr. James G. Norman's Ratings

I live near two nationally known hospitals that I would have no problem going to if I needed a heart transplant or any other surgery-but when a local endocrinologist could not even give me the name of ONE experienced surgeon in my area who could perform this surgery, I hopped on the internet. I referred myself, sent in my own labs and probably drove the staff crazy with a million questions DAILY, to which they always responded immediately. I didn't want to travel so far to have surgery for something I had never even HEARD of in my life, so I was very nervous. When I called the motel to book reservations for this out of town trip, they said, Oh we see ten of Dr. Norman's patients each night and we love watching them come back from surgery because they look like a different person!!! I didn't think I had a lot of symptoms until I had the surgery-a lot of what we blame on old age can be fixed by removing a parathyroid tumor!!!! BUT.....I didn't want to be sick, I didn't want my vocal cords cut, I didn't want to have a painful, slow recovery.....but the good news is none of that happened. In fact, I felt that it was a little like going to an unusual spa, where you wake up feeling twenty years younger. I woke up from surgery, went back to the motel and took a nap, and later that night walked to dinner. Flew home the next day with no problems even with a connecting flight in Atlanta. Had a few questions after surgery which were answered immediately by Kelly (the nurse) and Dr. Norman. I never had a voice issue and missed one choir practice. Three weeks post op, I have already returned to my high impact aerobics classes and even donated a pint of blood (the nurse was amazed at how good my vital signs were). I am grateful for the professional and experienced care I received. Was the consultation fee worth it? Yes, EVERY PENNY,,,,,,

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

My name is miss Jennifer, i love your profile, and there's something important about me i
will like to share with you.please send me message directly to my email address([email protected])
Thanks Jennifer.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

When I was diagnosed with elevated calcium in my blood during a routine physical and further tests revealed hyper parathyroidism, I began an internet search. The Norman Parathyroid Website was the most helpful and my husband and I decided that given the delicate nature of the surgery and difficulties in finding these tumors on a scan, that it was worth the cost to go a place where this is ALL they do. When Dr. Norman reviewed my chart with me and told me that he was 100% sure I had a parathyroid tumor and he was going to take it out, I was so relieved. When doctors tell you maybe this, maybe that, it is really reassuring to be told what it is. The surgery was excellent. The Hotel that was recommended was excellent down to the hotel shuttle driver, Rick, who drove us to and from Tampa General. When you contact Norman Parathyroid Center, you are assigned someone who helps you through the process to sign up which takes 3 to 4 weeks. My case manager was Jayme and she was so helpful, always answering my emails and supporting me. Mind you, I was very anxious and didn't feel very well so her expert care and attention was so appreciated! I recommend going here to anyone who is diagnosed with hyper parathyroidism. Dr. Norman and his staff are quite simply, the very best.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr Norman was recommended to me by a former patient. I traveled to Tampa from south florida in one day and came home the next day a new person Dr Norman found two parathyroid tumors that were secreting 20 times the normal amount of hormones and were wrecking havoc with my life. I am happy to say that Dr Norman did a phenomenal job with his expert skills. I am happy to say that I feel so much better and after only two weeks my scar is barely visable. I would highly recommend Dr Norman to anyone who is suffering from parathyroid disease. He really is a must for an easy successful outcome. His staff is well honed machine and everyone is available day or night. BRAVO. Dr. Norman.
A.Smith. Boca Raton, fl

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr. Norman and his staff doctors Politz and Lopez took excellent care of me. I am DeafBlind. Most doctors feel that I should be ignored and not worth the time spent to help me. Dr. Politz and the staff there at Norman Parathyroid Center were extremely caring and worked hard to understand how to help me understand and feel safe during my procedure. Other doctors had refused to accept that I had any problems with my parathyroid. One endocrinologist where I lived did and tried to get a surgeon to take my case. They refused because I supposedly cannot communicate well enough being DeafBlind. Dr. Gatchair-Rose sent me to Tampa, FL to Dr. Norman's center. It was the best thing that ever happened. I was treated like a person and they found 2 large tumors and removed them easily and with little pain. I felt safe, and I trusted them because they made it easy.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014 | flag

I, too, am someone who does not normally take the time to review a doctor, but given my recent surgery experience at TBGH with Dr. Norman, I felt compelled to write. Five years ago, I made the mistake of staying close to home in seeking a surgeon for a minimally invasive parathyroidectomy. Despite the fact that I lived in Houston with world-renowned medical care, I went to Dallas for that first surgery. I again showed symptoms of parathyroid disease just 2 years after that surgery, but my endocrinologist kept telling me that the parathyroid scans were negative for tumors. After telling me to wait yet another year, I sought a second opinion. I was told that I needed surgery. This time I wasn't taking any chances. I contacted the Norman Endocrine Surgery Clinic for a consultation, and Dr. Norman agreed to take my case. I have just returned from surgery in Tampa. Not only did Dr. Norman remove a second tumor from my parathyroid, he removed the remnants of that first tumor from 5 years ago that the Dallas surgeon missed. In between that first parathyroid surgery five years ago and this most recent surgery, I have been diagnosed with osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, and have had cervical herniated discs C4, C5, and C6 replaced. I can't help but believe that had Dr. Norman performed that first parathyroid surgery in 2009, I would have been cured and in a lot better skeletal health today. Don't settle for anyone less than the best when it comes to parathyroid disease--the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa. It is definitely worth the trip!

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

In June 2014, I traveled from Texas to Tampa, FL for parathyroid surgery performed by Dr. Norman and am so glad I made that decision. Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz assured me I would be CURED of hyperparathyroidism when I left, and I was. This was my second surgery, having had a failed surgery locally. The local surgeon professed to be a specialist in parathyroid surgery but he was anything but that. At this point, I am not even sure he was present during my local surgery because records indicate a Resident probably performed my first surgery! That won't happen at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Every surgery at the NPC is performed by the most experienced parathyroid surgeons in the country. I think everyone owes it to themselves to travel to the NPC in Tampa. Results at the hands of an unskilled surgeon can be life-changing. It is far better to seek out the most skilled surgeon in the country for this delicate surgery and, in my opinion, such surgeons can only be found in Tampa. Regardless of where you live, it is definitely worth the trip!!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

I have been conducting research in a top school of medicine in CA for 20+ years and have had numerous experiences with MDs over the years. None has been as efficient, yet personal and caring with the extensive professional competence of the physicians and staff as that encountered at the Norman Parathyroid Center with Dr. Jim Norman. His diagnostic accuracy and surgical proficiency were phenomenal. For at least 12 years, I had been on a "watch-and-wait" schedule after each abnormal calcium and PTH lab test while becoming more and more symptomatic. With the purchase of the Calcium Pro app offered by the Norman Parathyroid Center, I quickly knew the etiology of my prolonged, increasingly serious and debilitating symptoms. Once diagnosed, I would advise all to go immediately to Tampa and Dr. Norman to have your parathyroid adenoma removed by the most experienced and competent physician in this field. I was a 'self-pay' as my insurance refused to cover this surgery out of network.

Submitted July 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Norman is expert in his field. When other doctors could not figure out what was wrong, and after a failed surgery at home, I flew to Tampa for surgery. Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz found the parathyroid adenoma and removed it in a simple, short operation. I am forever grateful. I found Dr. Norman's approach and practice to run smoothly. While they perform >10 surgeries per day, I was treated as an individual and got all the attention I needed. From the first registration on their website through post-operative care, everything was smooth and all the people involved were caring, friendly people who truly want to help.

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

Canceled my appointment with a local surgeon and instead went to the Norman Parathyroid Center. Got back two days ago and have no doubt I made the right decision. Dr. Norman and Dr. Lopez found two parathyroid tumors and removed them both in a half hour. I doubt my local surgeon in NJ would have found that second hidden tumor, which would have resulted in a second operation! Meeting with Dr. Norman before the procedure showed me he genuinely cares about educating and curing his patients and that's all he does. Why would anyone go somewhere else, when Dr. Norman invented the procedures used by less experienced surgeons who have much lower success rates? I am so glad I canceled my appointment here with the New Jersey surgeon and made that two-day trip to Tampa. I know I had my parathyroid surgery by the premier expert in the country and would strongly recommend Dr. Norman to anyone with parathyroid disease. Why take a chance on something so important?

Submitted June 20, 2014 | flag