Rate Dr. James G. Norman

Dr. James G. Norman's Ratings

September 22, 2014 Jim Norman and Deva Boone removed a bad parathyroid gland. My consultation surgeon is Doug Politz. The care exhibited by Jim, Deva, and Doug pre and post op was very caring and precise. The entire staff at the Norman Parathyroid Clinic are to be commended for their professionalism and care. I had surgery in the morning, went out to lunch, checked into a different hotel, walked around the town of Dunedin, FL, and went out to dinner with friends. This group knows what they are doing and how to do it. The information provided on parathyroid.com and on their youtube videos is outstanding. It answers almost every question a patient may have regarding parathyroid issues. I totally recommend Jim Norman, Doug Poulitz, and Deva Boone who I have first hand experience with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

He's a great DR and you should choose him above any other but his staff needs super improvement

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

The only Dr that you should consider when having Parathyroid issues. Dont go anywhere else. Great Doctor and staff, The removal of a bad parathyroid went flawlessly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I live near two nationally known hospitals that I would have no problem going to if I needed a heart transplant or any other surgery-but when a local endocrinologist could not even give me the name of ONE experienced surgeon in my area who could perform this surgery, I hopped on the internet. I referred myself, sent in my own labs and probably drove the staff crazy with a million questions DAILY, to which they always responded immediately. I didn't want to travel so far to have surgery for something I had never even HEARD of in my life, so I was very nervous. When I called the motel to book reservations for this out of town trip, they said, Oh we see ten of Dr. Norman's patients each night and we love watching them come back from surgery because they look like a different person!!! I didn't think I had a lot of symptoms until I had the surgery-a lot of what we blame on old age can be fixed by removing a parathyroid tumor!!!! BUT.....I didn't want to be sick, I didn't want my vocal cords cut, I didn't want to have a painful, slow recovery.....but the good news is none of that happened. In fact, I felt that it was a little like going to an unusual spa, where you wake up feeling twenty years younger. I woke up from surgery, went back to the motel and took a nap, and later that night walked to dinner. Flew home the next day with no problems even with a connecting flight in Atlanta. Had a few questions after surgery which were answered immediately by Kelly (the nurse) and Dr. Norman. I never had a voice issue and missed one choir practice. Three weeks post op, I have already returned to my high impact aerobics classes and even donated a pint of blood (the nurse was amazed at how good my vital signs were). I am grateful for the professional and experienced care I received. Was the consultation fee worth it? Yes, EVERY PENNY,,,,,,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

My name is miss Jennifer, i love your profile, and there's something important about me i
will like to share with you.please send me message directly to my email address(Jeniferkamala729@yahoo.com)
Thanks Jennifer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

When I was diagnosed with elevated calcium in my blood during a routine physical and further tests revealed hyper parathyroidism, I began an internet search. The Norman Parathyroid Website was the most helpful and my husband and I decided that given the delicate nature of the surgery and difficulties in finding these tumors on a scan, that it was worth the cost to go a place where this is ALL they do. When Dr. Norman reviewed my chart with me and told me that he was 100% sure I had a parathyroid tumor and he was going to take it out, I was so relieved. When doctors tell you maybe this, maybe that, it is really reassuring to be told what it is. The surgery was excellent. The Hotel that was recommended was excellent down to the hotel shuttle driver, Rick, who drove us to and from Tampa General. When you contact Norman Parathyroid Center, you are assigned someone who helps you through the process to sign up which takes 3 to 4 weeks. My case manager was Jayme and she was so helpful, always answering my emails and supporting me. Mind you, I was very anxious and didn't feel very well so her expert care and attention was so appreciated! I recommend going here to anyone who is diagnosed with hyper parathyroidism. Dr. Norman and his staff are quite simply, the very best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr Norman was recommended to me by a former patient. I traveled to Tampa from south florida in one day and came home the next day a new person Dr Norman found two parathyroid tumors that were secreting 20 times the normal amount of hormones and were wrecking havoc with my life. I am happy to say that Dr Norman did a phenomenal job with his expert skills. I am happy to say that I feel so much better and after only two weeks my scar is barely visable. I would highly recommend Dr Norman to anyone who is suffering from parathyroid disease. He really is a must for an easy successful outcome. His staff is well honed machine and everyone is available day or night. BRAVO. Dr. Norman.
A.Smith. Boca Raton, fl

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr. Norman and his staff doctors Politz and Lopez took excellent care of me. I am DeafBlind. Most doctors feel that I should be ignored and not worth the time spent to help me. Dr. Politz and the staff there at Norman Parathyroid Center were extremely caring and worked hard to understand how to help me understand and feel safe during my procedure. Other doctors had refused to accept that I had any problems with my parathyroid. One endocrinologist where I lived did and tried to get a surgeon to take my case. They refused because I supposedly cannot communicate well enough being DeafBlind. Dr. Gatchair-Rose sent me to Tampa, FL to Dr. Norman's center. It was the best thing that ever happened. I was treated like a person and they found 2 large tumors and removed them easily and with little pain. I felt safe, and I trusted them because they made it easy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I, too, am someone who does not normally take the time to review a doctor, but given my recent surgery experience at TBGH with Dr. Norman, I felt compelled to write. Five years ago, I made the mistake of staying close to home in seeking a surgeon for a minimally invasive parathyroidectomy. Despite the fact that I lived in Houston with world-renowned medical care, I went to Dallas for that first surgery. I again showed symptoms of parathyroid disease just 2 years after that surgery, but my endocrinologist kept telling me that the parathyroid scans were negative for tumors. After telling me to wait yet another year, I sought a second opinion. I was told that I needed surgery. This time I wasn't taking any chances. I contacted the Norman Endocrine Surgery Clinic for a consultation, and Dr. Norman agreed to take my case. I have just returned from surgery in Tampa. Not only did Dr. Norman remove a second tumor from my parathyroid, he removed the remnants of that first tumor from 5 years ago that the Dallas surgeon missed. In between that first parathyroid surgery five years ago and this most recent surgery, I have been diagnosed with osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, and have had cervical herniated discs C4, C5, and C6 replaced. I can't help but believe that had Dr. Norman performed that first parathyroid surgery in 2009, I would have been cured and in a lot better skeletal health today. Don't settle for anyone less than the best when it comes to parathyroid disease--the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa. It is definitely worth the trip!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

In June 2014, I traveled from Texas to Tampa, FL for parathyroid surgery performed by Dr. Norman and am so glad I made that decision. Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz assured me I would be CURED of hyperparathyroidism when I left, and I was. This was my second surgery, having had a failed surgery locally. The local surgeon professed to be a specialist in parathyroid surgery but he was anything but that. At this point, I am not even sure he was present during my local surgery because records indicate a Resident probably performed my first surgery! That won't happen at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Every surgery at the NPC is performed by the most experienced parathyroid surgeons in the country. I think everyone owes it to themselves to travel to the NPC in Tampa. Results at the hands of an unskilled surgeon can be life-changing. It is far better to seek out the most skilled surgeon in the country for this delicate surgery and, in my opinion, such surgeons can only be found in Tampa. Regardless of where you live, it is definitely worth the trip!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490323].votes_count ]]