Rate Dr. Mathew M. Avram

Dr. Mathew M. Avram's Ratings

I saw Dr. Avram for Ruby laser freckle removal. I asked about the efficacy of the laser treatment and was led to believe that it works. After paying $125 and $150 for a consultation and test procedure, the Ruby laser did not work. I was not permitted to speak with Dr. Avram to ask him why it didn't work. I also asked if I could come in for a 2nd test procedure at no charge (because paying $150 twice for a test procedure is unreasonable) to see if it would work after a second time because I really wanted to have the procedure but they said no. I would never go here again or recommend this practice. Also, the price quoted over the phone was different from the price quoted in office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I have a big permanent scar from Mass General Cosmetic Derm. I was told by the doctor that the scar would go away and that I looked better than prior to the treatment. It's been 6 months and I am still scarred. The area of tissue bigger than a dime. The tissue is lined and recessed, discolored as well. When I approached the office a second time, they were bullying by implying that they did not make any mistake, but that I have a psychological disorder so am imagining this scar. I can remember one particular visit when while in the waiting area, I noticed that this same doctor had called Mass General Security up to t office in order to confront a petite female patient who was in the waiting area with her young daughter. I thought it was it was strange at the time and now realize that this practice is strange. If you want a big permanent scar in the middle of your face, then go to this doctor. I am tempted to report the practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

From personal experience, don't use this practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Excellent care from nurses to physician
Took care of my issue with one treatment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I was misled by this practice and now have scars from a procedure I had done there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I had Dr. Avram remove a tiny spider vein from my face using the laser. I now have scars and one of the scars left a raised bump in the center of my face. The office doesn't care. I would never again use this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I agree with others on here. He is a nice guy. Made me feel normal when I told him I have a picking issue. He recommended that I don't need any cosmetic procedures, which makes sense for my situation. He also said acne just happens, But picking will make it much worse. Washing your face is good, but don't over do it. He also said imagine what your skin would look like if you had your hands tied and didn't touch it for a year... It would look so much better. That made perfect sense. I know it all sounds "DUH" but sometimes you just need to hear some words from someone caring and intelligent to digest it all. The Internet is too varyingly oppinionated and not at all a help for people who suffer. Ask someone YOU trust what MD they see, and you'll get some answers. But don't believe most reviews like this because some sound very scripted, and most people only write about their bad experiences. But anyway, he's a good Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2153469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Dr. Avram is an empathetic and compassionate physician. He inspires trust and confidence through his patient interactions. His skill and qualifications as a leading dermatologist in the field of laser skin treatment is well documented, but his calm demeanor,patient contact and follow-up go above and beyond any anticipated doctor/patient service expectations. Exceptional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2153468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Avram is highly professional. He is very honest, extremely knowledgeable. He does not recommend procedures unless it would really benefit you. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2153467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2010

He is the best. Very smart and caring. I highly recomend him. I wish all doctors were like him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2153466].votes_count ]]