Rate Dr. Monique L. Abner

Dr. Monique L. Abner's Ratings

I'm a glutton for punishment. Dr. Abner did my breast reduction, liposuction & a chemical peel on my face. I thought it possible to get beyond her horrible bedside manner; however, I was wrong. When I attempted to discuss with her that my breast were uneven & one nipple was higher than the other, it was some how my fault. When I asked questions about the excessive bruising I experienced with liposuction, the response was "its not a big deal" & "why are you asking me about this". The chemical peel left horrible scars on my face that she blamed on my lack of applying enough sunscreen. I rated her staff poor because she cant keep a receptionist (wonder why). Beyond being rude, she is unethical. She talks to me about other patients. Constantly talking about her art work & dance seems to be far more important than my "self inflicted" side effects of her ****y. I regret that I & my insurance paid her a lot of money. I do NOT recommend Dr. Abner for anything. She is a Horrible human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Very ignorant woman. You can go anywhere and get a consultation without being treated like your money means nothing. Yes I do expect for her to be nice and I do expect for to answer all my question and concern something she seem to have a problem with. Especially when I am giving you my money. Maybe she cater to a certain type of people however her work maybe good. But she want get my money acting like arrogant fool.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Dr. Abner is an arrogant person. I went in for a consultation. I was not told she did not take checks. She told me that there were several banks down the street. She was so NASTY, I decided not to even go back to that witch. She is an evil person. If she acted like that before I even get to talk to her, I can just imagine what I might have said to her. I heard her work is good, but that nasty attitude is not worth me giving her my money. I will take my business to someone that care about people and not only the money that go in their pocket. I don't know how that sweet receptionist deal with her. She has to be sent from God to work with that deamon seed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. Abner repaired my mother's nose in the ER after a bad fall into a rocky ravine. Dr. Abner was kind and patient and fully explained everything she was doing. She was considerate of our family and extremely kind. My mother's nose was badly torn in this accident but it looks normal now. Dr. Abner did a beautiful job. We would highly recommend her to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Abner is professional but if you are looking for someone to "candy coat" your situation then she is not your girl. In a physician, as someone who has worked in healthcare for 20+ years, this physician will tell you how it is not what you want to hear. If you cannot handle the truth you might want to keep looking but I promise you the service will not be second to none. She supplied me with pathology reports as well as explained the procedures and my options prior to them occuring. She explained what was going not not just dictated what was "going to happen". She also handled my emotional distress pertaining to my health condition which is more than my own family physician was doing. This was not just a 10 minute visit either she took time with me during my 1st visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2013

I recently had a breast reduction with Dr.Abner in July of this year and I could not be happier. I was her only focus before, during, and after my surgery. She also called me at home to make sure I was comfortable for the first few weeks. She was so professional and made me feel so relaxed. She also took the time to pray with me ( with my permission of course ) and I loved that. She also made sure that my husband was comfortable and made sure all his questions too were answered. Thank you Dr. Abner for changing my life. I only regret that I didn't do this sooner. People have said how good I looked and I have been referring them to see her. Love my new body.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2010

Dr. Abner performed my breast reduction and liposuction last year and I am “extremely” pleased with my results. Not only was she very concerned and involved with my wellbeing (from consultation to recovery), but she clearly ensured appropriate pain management was provided. In addition, Dr. Abner consistently spoke with the post operative team as well as my nurses throughout my hospital stay to assess my progress. Undoubtedly, this doctor delivered exceptional professional, ethical and moral service that beyond a doubt was above and beyond what the “average” doctor would provide. She truly demonstrates compassion and empathy for her patients, and I feel privileged by her servitude. I sincerely am grateful she was my doctor, and commend her for her capability to listen, and not just advise. I highly recommend her and assure there is no one in the field that is better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

Dr Abner has horrible bedside manners. She is rude and very arrogant. She canceled my BR surgery because I asked too many questions. I asked if she could tell me what size, or range, I could expect after the surgery, she said NO, I asked if Liposuction was covered by my insurance, I asked for referrals from her patients. I talked to one of her patients, who complained to me about her rudeness and confessed she was too scared of her to ask for stronger pain meds after surgery. She found out what the patient and I talked about (!) and canceled my surgery. I am relieved. Beware of this Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

Dr. Abner has a horrible bedside manner. She is one of the most insensitive doctors I have ever met. I would definitely not refer her to a stranger, and certainly not to anyone I consider to be a friend. She minimized my pain, and ignored me when I told her how I was feeling. She did not offer suggestions on how to decrease my pain, and did not indicate that I should call her if my pain did not decrease. She was so unprofessional, and was so rude to me I avoided calling her office even though I was in pain. I searched for ways to aid in my pain via the internet rather than have to call her office. No patient should ever be belittled for having pain. I chose this doctor because I thought she was the best surgeon for the job. This should include behavior inside the operating room, as well as during the complete recovery process. I feel this is truly instrumental in how quickly a patient recovers both physically, as well as emotionally. This entire encounter has been very stressfull.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2009

I saw Dr. Abner for a tummy tuck and breast reduction. I had an infection following surgery, but Dr. Abner kept dismissing it as "normal" drainage. The infection became really bad before she would acknowledge there was a problem. So much fluid/infection had built up in my abdomen that when she finally drained it, it made a large mess in her office, and that visibly irritated her. I ended up looking and feeling much worse than before my surgery (abdomen only. to be fair, my breasts look great). I ended up having the procedure re-done (with GREAT results!)by a plastic surgeon recommended by my family physician (wish I'd asked him first). Sadly, I ended up paying for the surgery twice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][736645].votes_count ]]