You may also like

Rate Dr. Jonathan A. Kost

Dr. Jonathan A. Kost's Ratings

The office staff is not accommodating. Emergencies don't exist because they say the doctor is too busy. It does not matter how good a physician may be, but if you are unable to reach them, it is a sorry state.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I just had a root canal this morning. The dentist called me back tonight to see how I was. Dr Kost injected me and having had severe pain immediately following and for days and more after, never received a response to calls to the office, let alone him following up. We're just TOO busy to return calls. Front staff has fixed response- "we'll pass the message back."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Don't expect state of the art treatment. Unfortunately, there are few pain docs left in state. I would try New Haven. Don't like treated like a number with no followup.Internists followup, OB.GYN's followup. I guess the staff is annoyed with calls and never relates them- seems important with some in pain

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr Kost has a good bedside manner. Office is awful. Staff is curt, non responsive and is lacking in medical feelings for patients in pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

He is terrible. Does little except line his wallet. Just don't know how such a major hospital could put their name on his shingle. They are promoting someone who puts all the money into his own LLC. He sells nonprescription food supplements and doesn't care how you leave his office. There is absolutely no follow up.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2827187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr Kost is the best. Caring and compassionate man. He is always overbooked but worth the wait. Office staff is rude and incompetent. Nurses are very nice and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

"No time left for you"....I started seeing Dr. Kost when he was at Bristol Hospital. Even there you waited, but he was the best of the best, and did not cater to insurance, ever. Patient was always first. Now that he has moved to Blue Back Square, he actually referred me to Dr. Grahling for Radio Frequency, because he was "too busy", and my appointments were ALWAYS getting canceled. There is a NURSE, that needs to go. She is condescending and very rude every single time I go there! Its not random, its who she is.
They need to read these reviews and wake up! I have moved onto an osteopath in Glastonbury. He cured my left hip bursitis, with his hands, in (5) minutes! I have not had a flare-up since. Before that, Dr. Kost gave me cortisone injections for (10) years, in that same hip!
He is very knowledgeable, but there is only one of him, and his time goes to those with cancer or those without workers compensation. The staff have ZERO compassion, and I was crying the last time I was there, due to pain they could not control.
Bigger is not always better.
Julia was the ONLY person in the entire office, who got back to me, and showed me any humanity.
Busy Dr. Kost, losing his following, due to overwhelming popularity.
Went from the best care to no care~

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2718013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

I started seeing Dr Kost because of stage four cancer and out of control pain. I first meet him in the hospital. I don't mind it when he's tied up with other patients, I find he also takes all the time needed to be with me also. I also like Dr Cherry, I've been seeing these doctors now for three years. The offices is very busy I understand what they are going through because before my cancer I worked in the same field. It can become very stressful if you have a group of people that treat you as if your not doing anything and they have to be paid attention to now. Mean while in the medical staffs head is a million things that came prior to you and she is struggling not to forget which duties to do in a row. Please I know we are all in pain and the last thing we want to do is to be standing in a line with our backs and legs killing us. These people are doing there best for us and if we are Greatful they will be thankful for our understanding and they can be less stressed out. This is a great office of people and their knowledge and understanding in this field of medicine is fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Kost since 2006. I totally agree that the practice has been going steadily downhill to the point where it is nearly impossible to deal with them. Dr. Kost has always impressed me with his "bedside manner," appearing to truly want to try every avenue to alleviate my pain. However, his staff have canceled my last two appointments with him the day before, indicated that they are too busy to return phone calls and made renewing prescriptions into multi-day multi-phone call projects. One of the their latest moves in patient care and concern was to leave a message indicating that my outstanding balance of $5 (yes $5!) was being turned over to a collection agency in three days and that this was "a courtesy call." This review would be far too long if I enumerated every outrage committed by the staff. Dr. Kost needs a wake-up courtesy call to remind him that the practice bears his name and thus he bears ultimate responsibility for the travesty that his practice has become.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2608610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

I've been seeing Dr Kost since August 1994. After 2 botched surgeries that left me in chronic pain Dr Kost is the only Dr out of the 30 physicians I have seen who ran the appropriate test and took the time to work out with me a pain management schedule I could actually live with. I have never had a problem seeing him on emergency calls and have always been able to talk with his kind and understanding staff if I had a problem, they have ALWAYS returned my calls. I have moved out of State and now travel to Connecticut specifically to see Dr Kost and I will continue to do so until I meet my maker.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][297457].votes_count ]]