Rate Dr. JONATHAN A. KOST

Dr. JONATHAN A. KOST's Ratings

I've been seeing Dr Kost since August 1994. After 2 botched surgeries that left me in chronic pain Dr Kost is the only Dr out of the 30 physicians I have seen who ran the appropriate test and took the time to work out with me a pain management schedule I could actually live with. I have never had a problem seeing him on emergency calls and have always been able to talk with his kind and understanding staff if I had a problem, they have ALWAYS returned my calls. I have moved out of State and now travel to Connecticut specifically to see Dr Kost and I will continue to do so until I meet my maker.

Submitted May 26, 2013 | flag

I do not agree with either of the comments from the other two reviews. I do find that he is not always on time but that is because he cares about the patient and if they need extra time to take care of them and answer questions then that is what he does. I also love this PA who is very knowledgeable and caring. I have never had a problem with the office staff and have had to get reports on my private insurance claims and have had no issues. Sometimes there is a long wait between getting procedures that have to be performed by the Doctor, but not so much with his PA that does certain procedures. I believe this is because he is a very good doctor with a full schedule. I have been seeing him for about five years - I started with him in Bristol and followed him to West Hartford and would go where ever he is located because of his knowledge and staff. He really does care about his patients and is not just in it for the money.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr Kost a few years ago due to severe chronic pain. On my first visit with him, he took the time to explain things and presented himself as concerned for my care. How quickly things changed... Many of his staff are extremely rude and uncaring - one nurse went so far as to say "can't you walk" in a very condescending tone, when I arrived in a wheelchair on another visit. Some of the PA's are very rude and don't want to hear questions from the patient or address concerns you may have. I discovered that no doctor or PA from this practice returns phone calls. I was told by one nurse "well, we're just too busy"! Because my treatment is paid for by worker's compensation, Dr. Kost and his staff seem much more concerned with what WC will have to pay for my treatment than the fact that I'm a human being who needs care. This "clinic" is horrible and all about making money. There is little or no concern about the patient. They should stop taking on new patients!

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Kost use to be my favorite doctor. He IS very kind and knowledgeable. That being said, he has moved out of Bristol Hospital to a new Blue Back Square location,in West Hartford. This is a Hartford Hospital based clinic now. He has taken on so many new patients, it takes up to (4) FOUR months to get a procedure date! I had an MRI in December 2011. I needed radio frequency on my lumbar facet joints. My appointment was canceled and changed to April 23, 2012. This happens all the time. Also, his P.A. and SOME of the nurses are rude, condescending, late, and snippy. I was able to get my W.C. claim adjuster to refer me to another pain clinic with an equally talented doctor. I am elated that my injury will get the treatment I need, in a timely fashion. Dr. Kost may be making H.H a boatload of $, but the patients are being shoved to the back seat, as far as time and quality.

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag